Skyfall and Blu Ray release date 15/3-2013

2»

Comments

• I would bet the steelbook will still be available from HMV in mid-Feb...they are still trading

I really hope so. I heard they will accept vouchers again from tomorrow so maybe the thought of their demise was a little premature.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I really wish the steelbook was region-free.
  • Maybe it's because I'm a tight git but the regular DVD or Blu Ray will do me fine. Don't see the point in steelbooks or anything like that.

I'm glad it's coming out in Febuary. I haven't seen it since October so I think I've waited long enough.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 3,494
    There were a few rereleases in America in some places. SirHenry went to see Goldfinger if I remember right.
    According to this, the US gets it before the UK this time - payback for our getting the theatrical release first - Feb 12th for you, 18th for us

Boooooooo. You got a free documentary America, you've had enough! :P

You got Bond exhibitions and the premiere. :-<

Yeah well actually hes ours!!!

(Even though you own all the rights and have funded every movie >:P )

Ah but the Americans that own Bond are in London.

I think it's sort of a nice partnership. A British authour writes great books and Americans make some great films based on (or not based on) them. Works for me.

Goldfinger was at a college summer Bond film festival, not what I'd exactly call a nationwide release. These things I have seen run in Britain as well. The truth is, we only got Dr. No nationally on a very limited basis and that was one showing on one night which was a Monday. It wasn't shown in the city of Philadelphia at all which was surprising. I was very fortunate only in that the only local PA theater who had it was about 10 minutes away, if I still lived in my home county west of Philly I'd have never made it home from work in time to travel there.

I'm not crying about it, but that two agonizing weeks wait for SF off the Forum, not getting spoilers while you guys could talk all you wanted, was pretty good punishment for me.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ha! The Tesco near my house have this massive cardboard cut out of Bond, advertising the DVD/Blu-ray release already.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I look forward too; I didn't had the chance to watch it in the theaters; so i'm waiting and holding up hardly, trying to not getting a pirate movie from Torrent and give my help to the Domestic millions :)

Don't go pirate, especially Bond. Has to be the real McCoy. Blu-ray with all the extras is a good consolation for missing it in the theater.

Sure, i'll never go Pirate with Bond.

I have TWINE in DVD, but it hadn't extras. Maybe it's because it's just for BR, that is great! I'll get the BR edition, thank you :)
    Skyfall Blu-ray Release Date, Details and Pre-Order

MGM and Fox Home Entertainment have formally announced a February 12, 2013 release date for the latest James Bond 007 adventure Skyfall starring Daniel Craig and directed by Sam Mendes on Blu-ray and DVD (February 18 for the UK). However, I will be available a week earlier on February 5 via Digital HD download from Amazon.com, iTunes, CinemaNow, Xbox Live, Playstation and Vudu.
    No tech specs are available at this time, though a safe bet is a 1080p video presentation and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. A DVD and digital copy will be included with the Blu-ray version of the film.

Fox and MGM have not yet announced an updated version of the Bond 50 box set that sold out during the holidays. It is widely expected that a new version of this excellent James Bond 007 Blu-ray set will be released in the near future and include Skyfall in the package. The original release contained an empty slot for Skyfall in the Blu-ray collection.

All of the three-plus hours of Skyfall bonus features listed below save for the Shooting Bond segments The Title Sequence, DB5, Women, and Locations are exclusive to Blu-ray.

Shooting Bond
    Intro
    Opening Sequence
    The Title Sequence
    Q
    DB5
    Women
    Villains
    Action
    Locations
    Music
    End Sequence
    M
    The Future
    Skyfall Premiere
    Commentaries
    Director Sam Mendes
    Producers Michael G. Wilson & Barbara Broccoli; Production Designer Dennis Gassner
    Theatrical Trailer

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Skyfall-Blu-ray-Release-Date-Details-and-Pre-Order/11949
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's pretty meaty compared to the bare bones crap we've gotten in the past. Looks like I'll be getting the blu ray version.
  • BenBen
    Still no deleted scenes...
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I just hate DVD these days...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited January 2013 Posts: 4,043
    I still think it's bloody ridiculous we don't get this on the 11th when the BAFTA's are on the night before, surely ideal time to capitalise on the likely awards SF will get that night and if I remember rightly it was this country it was a phenomenon in this country it was merely very successful in the U.S, I can't figure out Sony's strategy at all.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Why no deleted scenes on home video releases since CR? Very upsetting.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    COMMENTARIES?! COMMENTARIES?!?!?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \m/
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Why no deleted scenes on home video releases since CR? Very upsetting.

We've only ever got them when the UE DVDs were released anyway. No initial release has carried deleted scenes. Ever.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited January 2013 Posts: 2,060
    The Skyfall Steelbook Blu-Ray, originally available from HMV, is now exlcusive to Amazon.co.uk, and can be ordered here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B5W9I5K

Its £14.99 ($23), the same price as the regular edition, so it seems a good deal.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Don't forget to go to Amazon.fr for the steelbook if you are a collector.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00AFWB2GO/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1359453866&sr=8-4&pi=SL75

A bit more expensive at €27.99 and all you get extra is 8 postcards but for those who want the best edition available until the inevitable double dip collectors edition comes out when they release Bond 24.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Wow just had an email off amazon saying they have upgraded my standard edition triple play of skyfall to the steelbook version at no extra cost! Winning
  • I haven't preordered my copy yet. Does anyone know if the bluray/dvd/digital copy version is available to the US? I wanted that version but I don't see it on Amazon.
  • I've pre-ordered the steel book from amazon. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
    I hate dvd these days too. I wish I could upgrade to bluray. All the meaty stuff is on bluray these days.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    My Home Theater has Blu-Ray as obvious, i'll just wait to see the price of the Skyfall's BR.

I hope that here in Brazil they sell out the full edition BR, because my TWINE DVD has no extras, commentaries (except for Director's talk while the film is running) not either footages, even though it is UE.
  • jackdagger wrote:
    I haven't preordered my copy yet. Does anyone know if the bluray/dvd/digital copy version is available to the US? I wanted that version but I don't see it on Amazon.

That's what I'm wondering too - the steelbook edition seems to only be available from the UK Amazon, and I'm assuming that the Blu-ray/DVD won't play in a North American player due to it being a different region code?

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sorry folks, this one got there first:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1974/the-skyfall-dvdblu-ray-february-1218-release#Item_20

I admit, shame on us for noticing so late.
This discussion has been closed.