Haywire; awesome female-version-of-Bond movie!

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've debated buying Haywire. I think it's that good. I was surprised at how good it was, but then again I was expecting it to suck.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Yes, if you go in expecting it to be better than CR, you'll be sadly disappointed, but as a small movie with a limited budget (comparatively) it should not fall flat with most.
    I got my used copy online for five bucks.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Here she is with boyfriend (of 4 months) Henry Cavill at the Critic's Choice Awards on Thursday, January 10, 2013....

henrycavillginacaranone.jpg

gty15927331134r536c534.jpg

0111cavill3.jpg
    Oh, NO WAY!!!
    Looks like Superman & Wonder Woman to me!
    (ya think she can beat him up IRL?)
    I personally see future Bond with the new Sylvia Trench.
    Those two in a future Bond movie together... one can only dream.
    [-O<
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I personally see future Bond with the new Sylvia Trench.

I see Nolan's Bond and I see Soderbergh's Bond.

Henry hasn't bulked down...reshooting scenes for supes?
    Personally, I hope his Superman flick does only moderate business so he can forget it & be the next Bond. And then they can make Gina his new love interest for his tenure. THAT would be awesome IMO.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Personally, I hope his Superman flick does only moderate business so he can forget it & be the next Bond. And then they can make Gina his new love interest for his tenure. THAT would be awesome IMO.

I don't understand why people seem to think he can't be Bond after Superman. If they only make 1 Superman film and maybe 1 or 2 Justice League films, he could probably be done with the character and ready to take over for Craig. Think about it.. They get two more Billion dollar Bonds out of Craig, then they'd need to follow up with something big, and probably won't do another newbie reboot; what better way to grab attention than by stealing Superman?
    edited January 2013 Posts: 17,691
    If Superman is BIG, he'll be identified with it too much. BUT, from what I've seen, especially with how they messed up the costume, it shouldn't be any kind of runaway hit, so Bond could still be in his future IMO. Adding Gina into the mix would make his Bonds even better. :)>-
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    chrisisall wrote:
    If Superman is a big hit, he'll be identified with it too much. BUT, from what I've seen, especially with how they messed up the costume, it shouldn't be any kind of runaway hit, so Bond could still be in his future IMO. Adding Gina into the mix would make his Bonds even better. :)>-

I don't know.. if they want Bond 26 to hit a Billion without Craig, they're going to need something big to bring people in. I think bringing on Supes would be wise.. and let him finally work with Nolan?
    Nolan would serve Bond well IMO.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Nolan would serve Bond well IMO.

So recap; Supes as Bond, Wonder woman as the Bond girl, and Nolan as a director for B26. 2 Billion maybe? ;)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

So recap; Supes as Bond, Wonder woman as the Bond girl, and Nolan as a director for B26. 2 Billion maybe? ;)
    It could happen! :)>-
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What's all this about Carano being Wonder Woman?!
    Nothing- she just SO looks the part!
    Hmm, I think these days, the Hollywood landscape of movie making in general has changed dramatically and is no longer what it once was. Casting is obviously important but gone are the days where the names of Hollywood A-listers are bankable. I think the focus, now, is primarily centered more on the director and those working behind the camera.
    When was the last time a film killed it at the BO purely based on the leading actor/actress attached? Depp, Pitt, Smith, Cruise, Clooney et al by no means constitute as mega BO draws like before. These days, critics and audiences pay attention to a film if it's worthwhile and that is largely down to the director and his crew behind the camera, writers and producers and what they're able to deliver.
    Fortunately, Bond has been largely ahead of the curve in this department and with the change in landscape of movie making and promotion in Hollywood, I think it's really going to serve Bond surprisingly well in the future.
    All this being said, I strongly believe the new superman film is going to be great and again, the film is being strongly promoted by marketing the names of the people behind the camera, Snyder, Goyer, Zimmer and Nolan. Caville is going to do a bunch of these Superman films and a Justice League movie which comes out in 2 years. Superman is going to be Caville's defining vehicle for the role he's going to be most associated with. He'll never be Bond.

One business practise that won't change from EoN is, their casting strategy when it comes to Bond himself. Caville will never ever be Bond and that's something I am 100% sure of and unlike other actors who are leading men in multiple franchises such as Robert Downey Jr as, Ironman and Holms, neither one of those characters carry the same prestigious and exclusive honour as Bond. Bond makes an actor a star not the other way round.
    Obviously, in general casting is always important but these days, there are very few actors who's name's alone equate to BO gold. These days, it really is more about an overall team effort than it has been for decades and that is largely in part due to those working behind the camera.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Here she is with boyfriend

But, but, but...... :((

I think the new Superman flick looks meh anyway. Cavill could be good as Bond in the future but I'm not sure it'll happen.
    I too think he would make a fantastic Bond but I'm convinced that now he's superman, particularly in a film(s) produced by the likes of Nolan, such a thing happening is lost.
    So you agree la femme nikita is the better movie have you seen Les femmes de l'ombre(Female agents)? Or the Black Book?
    i could also mention Xenia Onatopp from Goldeneye or the movies Hanna,Fair game
    Emma peel from the Avengers?
    Strong females in the movies are not hard to find best example i can think of is Ripley from Aliens well writen,directed,acted .
    The tv show Stargate sg1 episode called "Memento Mori" Vala fights two men ,the fight scene is over in 30 seconds and its well done
    renno61 wrote:
    So you agree la femme nikita is the better movie
    I said it had better style, better MOVIE though? Maybe, but I like Haywire more. And Fair Game sucked.
    :))
    Not a fan of Haywire,i like Carano she looked the part but some were not thought out.(hot coffee in the face no burns, Fassbender smacks her to the back of the head then into the wall,then into glass,then into the wall again,she hit him with a vase hes stunned ?) still it was better than Salt. Black book made by Paul Verhoeven world war 2
    not just a spy movie it a great movie.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    renno61 wrote:
    Not a fan of Haywire,i like Carano she looked the part but some were not thought out.(hot coffee in the face no burns, Fassbender smacks her to the back of the head then into the wall,then into glass,then into the wall again,she hit him with a vase hes stunned ?) still it was better than Salt. Black book made by Paul Verhoeven world war 2
    not just a spy movie it a great movie.

I work at Starbucks and spill hot coffee on my hands straight from the brewer everyday.. no burns. Coffee is only kept at about 200 degrees.. not to mention it was sitting and cooling in the glass for a good amount of time before she threw it at him.

Indeed it was better than Salt.. much better.
  • Salt was terrible. I couldn't buy into the fight scenes at all because Jolie is about 90 pounds, the whole "is she a Russian agent or not?" thing didn't work because she kills tons of extremely stereotypical Russians but not one American, the action was nothing special and other films like this, Licence To Kill and Bourne have done the rogue agent idea much better.
    I liked Salt more
    La femme nikita's alright but nothing special imo. Salt was just a waste if time.
    so he throws cold coffee(just served) into her face,then smashes a glass ashtray into her skull,then pound her head into countertop ,then smashes her into the ground, then punches her 3 or 4 times into the face , a customer pull him off. Sorry the girl must have a head made of steel .
    Has anybody seen the Black book?
    edited January 2013 Posts: 17,691
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Indeed it was better than Salt.. much better.
    Salt was terrible.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Salt was just a waste if time.

I feel so much better about avoiding it now- thanks guys!
    Tom Cruise was to star in Salt originally,he declined Angelina Jolie took the part
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    renno61 wrote:
    Tom Cruise was to star in Salt originally,he declined Angelina Jolie took the part
    Complete gender switch, wow. I wonder how much the script had to be changed up?