Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Jurassic Park- first time in years. One forgets how good it was!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Robin Hood: Prince of Theives - Extended Cut 10/10

It's been awhile since I've seen this film and I think I actually like it more than I did when I was a kid. It's my favorite Robin Hood and Kevin Costner movie. I even caught myself smiling like a kid at certain parts of the movie.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    hellraiser-hellseeker.jpg

I stopped watching this series after Inferno. However, i've decided to go the whole the whole hog, and finish the franchise. I was expecting this to be worse than it's predecessor, it wasn't, which isn't saying much I know. But times, it does feel more like some sort of Shannon Tweed 90's "thriller". It was nice to see Lawrence back as Kirsty, albeit in a limited role. My Hellraiser ranking:

1. Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996)
    2. Hellraiser (1987)
    3. Hellraser III: Hell On Earth (1992)
    4. Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988)
    5. Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002)
    6. Hellraiser: Inferno (2000)
  • I haven't seen many of the Hellraiser sequels. I haven't heard good things about them which has put me off a bit.

@MajorDSmythe Seen Texas Chainsaw 3D yet? I'd be intrested to hear yours and @DarthDimi's thoughts on it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe Seen Texas Chainsaw 3D yet? I'd be intrested to hear yours and @DarthDimi's thoughts on it.

I haven't seen TC3D yet, I might wait for the DVD.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 23,547
    Star Wars Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

Star Wars remains a perfectly enjoyable film, even after 30 something times. I'm a huge fan! :-)
  • @MajorDSmythe Seen Texas Chainsaw 3D yet? I'd be intrested to hear yours and @DarthDimi's thoughts on it.

I haven't seen TC3D yet, I might wait for the DVD.

Not a bad idea to be honest. I thought it was decent enough but if you do wait for the DVD you wouldn't really be missing out on a great horror experience at the cinema.
    Alex Cross Tyler Perry in a Rob Cohen movie, it was an enjoyable movie with Matthew Fox as a real creep.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Star Wars Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

Star Wars remains a perfectly enjoyable film, even after 30 something times. I'm a huge fan! :-)

I'm a fan as well! I love A New Hope. I can't help but smile every time Luke looks off into the twin sunset with John William's amazing score playing.

• Chinese Zodiac Not Chans best film but it's still an entertaining thrill ride of an action flick.

The PTS is probably the stand out action scene. It's never explained why exactly Jackie decided using a wheel suit to reach a helicopter with a net was the best option for escaping armed guards but it makes a brilliant action scene and watching him dodge moving veichles, almost fall of a cliff and sliding under moving trucks shows that he can still do incredible stuff that most action stars would need a stunt double for.

I did think that maybe the film was a bit too high tech in parts. Like the recent Bond films Jackie is constantly chatting to HQ via earpiece and I think that ruins it a bit. The main problem is that at times the film feels like it's shoving it's message of "save the Chinese artifacts" down your throat. The ending is extremely cheesey too.

Still, there's some great fights and set pieces and it's the best thing Chan has made for years. It does give off a vibe that it's his last action film (and it probably is the last of the Armour Of God series), but I hope not, because overall this is a nice return to form and it'd be a shame for him to retire while he's still got it.

8.5/10
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Chinese Zodiac
    Where did you see it?
    *drools*

• chrisisall wrote:
    Chinese Zodiac
    Where did you see it?
    *drools*

A random site, I posted the link in the Chan thread.
    Blood Feast ('63)

HG Lewis' classic low-budget gore spectacle still puts a twisted smile on my face. And I even own the soundtrack. ;-)

Blood_feast.jpg
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I watched Gangster Squad (2013) this evening. And i just gotta say that the movie was fantastic! It was absolutely superb in all kinds of ways, especially the special effects and the detail richness blew my away.
    This movie does temtempt me even more to live in the 40's.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Watched 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' tonight during RA training, and it was pretty entertaining...and incredibly realistic, of course.

The RA's and I laughed among ourselves when:
    The end nears and Lincoln says he is going to the theater...and one girl piped up with "Wait, why are you all laughing?" She had no clue that Lincoln died in a theater. *sigh*

Overall, a fun, predictable action movie.

I also am continuing my Oscar run and picked up 'Beasts of the Southern Wild' tonight. I've seen not one still or trailer for this, but with all the nominations it is getting, I had to rent it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The end nears and Lincoln says he is going to the theater...and one girl piped up with "Wait, why are you all laughing?" She had no clue that Lincoln died in a theater. *sigh*

Good god. Make like John Wilkes booth and shoot her with a derringer. Shout Sic Semper Tyrannis too, if you are feeling fancy. ;)
    WarGames

wargames.jpg

I guess we could call it naive and innocent, appealing to simple-minded pacifists and youngsters with their heart in the right but not the Right place... but I'm not going to. I'm actually quite fond of this film and its pre-Terminator warning that when machines run our military affairs, the planet is in danger. Perhaps logic isn't always the best adviser in matters of war.

For someone like me, born and raised in the 80s, WarGames is a nostalgic trip to my childhood and a reminder of different times. Plus, a young Matthew Broderick is just fun. :-)

Pulp Fiction

It's been a few years since I've seen it and I think I've grown to like this movie even more than I did in the past. The only thing I think they could've cut down on is the parts with Bruce Willis. I like the man but his role in that movie is the one I like the least.
    Inception, a somewhat predictable movie with some breathtaking visuals. Will not be watching it again. So far the magician movie by Nolan is my favorite.
  • Last movie I watched was Les Miserables. It was fantastic! :)
    SaintMark wrote:
    Inception, a somewhat predictable movie with some breathtaking visuals. Will not be watching it again. So far the magician movie by Nolan is my favorite.

:-O Really! I love Inception. It's one of Nolan's top best. The magicain movie is called The Prestige and that's a great one of Nolan's as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Watched 'Beasts of the Southern Wild' last night, and wow: what a wonderful, tear-inducing film. Definitely in my Top Ten for 2012, and I can most certainly see why it has received so many nominations thus far. Continuing this Oscar run with 'Moonrise Kingdom' in the coming days.

@SaintMark, what made 'Inception' predictable? Because the ending is:
    Ambiguous.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 23,547
    Insomnia. I sufferend through it this morning and resorted to the one useful activity I could think of: watching a movie. Turns out I had just the right one for the occasion:

The Woman In Black

The-Woman-in-Black-2012-starring-Daniel-Radcliffe-Review.jpg

Frightening little film, this. Third time I've seen it now since its release. All hail the return of Hammer's old glory! ;-)

But now, unfortunately, I need to start working. I've got six classes to teach and my eyes are heavy like steel. I guess some Red Bull will have to do the magic and keep me on my feet. ;-) Either way, at least I started this day right. :P

This is Darth Dimi, dozing signing off.
    Jess Franco's Dracula
    Clerks
    Mallrats
    Chasing Amy
    Dogma
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
    Clerks II
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SharkBait wrote:
    Jess Franco's Dracula
    Clerks
    Mallrats
    Chasing Amy
    Dogma
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
    Clerks II

I would like to thank you on behalf of Kevin Smith.
    Hellraiser: Dead Deader Deadest
    51oMr7JkcIL._SL500_.jpg

Not only does this have an awkward sounding title, say it back to yourself, but there's also not much point in using the 'Hellraiser' part of the title. In the 85 minutes of the film, Pinhead has about 2.

1. Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996)
    2. Hellraiser (1987)
    3. Hellraser III: Hell On Earth (1992)
    4. Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988)
    5. Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002)
    6. Hellraiser: Deader (2005)
    7. Hellraiser: Inferno (2000)
  • been blogging about every Bond film since receiving the Bond 50 Blu Ray set. I'm through A View to a Kill. Link to that post can be found here and all previous entries are located on the blog: http://toddmthatcher.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/the-007-files-a-view-to-a-kill/
    don_cov.jpg?w=640

An alright flick. The pacing and script issues are heavily apparent, and if the characters and plot were fleshed out more we really could have had something that ranks high in Marilyn's filmography. At times the characters do things that are so random and completely distant from who they are, and that takes you out of the action. The last ten minutes is kind of tossed together and leaves you disappointed. The good: Mitchum is his classic badass self. The music and setting are intriguing, as is the action on the rapids. And of course, Marilyn makes the film, as she does with every one she is in. There are some great singing numbers we get from her in this, and I can't help but smile just looking at her. O:-)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @SaintMark, what made 'Inception' predictable? Because the ending is:
    Ambiguous.

No when they introduced the little object that could show if you were still in a dream or not and explained it to the audience it was quite evident that it would be important at the end of the flic. And I was already quite sure which way it was going to go.......... nothing ambiguous about it. Unlike "the Prestige" it lacked that little twist at the end that left you surprised.

edited January 2013 Posts: 13,894
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

That was on ok film. There are 11 films i'd rate higher, that's out of the 24 films i've seen staring Mitchum, so far. As for Monroe, i've never got the fascination surrounding her.