What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Librarian wrote:
    Location - what about Paris?
    Yes. It would be nice to see 007 in the capital of love ;)
    I want also to see Craig/Bond in South Africa.

Agreed, but I don't think we'd see Bond in a big city-capitol for B24 after all the coverage London is getting this time. Possibly down the road.
    It is strange to see how much of Skyfall is seemingly set inside London, because those employed in the Secret Intelligence Service are a foreign agency, and have no jurisdiction in the capital or the surrounding country. So is Bond acting alone aside from MI6 under the table of the agency with M by his side??
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Librarian wrote:
    Location - what about Paris?
    Yes. It would be nice to see 007 in the capital of love ;)
    I want also to see Craig/Bond in South Africa.

Agreed, but I don't think we'd see Bond in a big city-capitol for B24 after all the coverage London is getting this time. Possibly down the road.
    It is strange to see how much of Skyfall is seemingly set inside London, because those employed in the Secret Intelligence Service are a foreign agency, and have no jurisdiction in the capital or the surrounding country. So is Bond acting alone aside from MI6 under the table of the agency with M by his side??

Hm.. interesting. There was the scene where the police allow M's car to speed off. Perhaps they're working together. Odd.
    I'm loving some of the ideas in this deal.

My two suggestions are.. #1 Australia.
    and #2 Dubai
    skyfall-promo3.jpg
    skyfall-promo4.jpg
  • Kerim wrote:
    Bond needs to go to Chicago! He's been to several other major US Cities already: New York, Miami, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, hell even Palm Springs CA! Its about time he makes it to the Windy City.
    Plus it dawned on me, Miami must be the most visited city (outside of course London) in a Bond Movie:GF, LTK, and CR. Bond's only been in New York once, LA twice, Berlin once, etc.

When was Bond in Palm Springs?

Bond was only in Miami twice. The Florida Keys aren't exactly off the Miami coast. Now, we did see the Miami coastline in TB, but Bond did not step foot in Miami, so it only stands at two for Miami.

Technically Bond wasn't in Palm Springs, but in DAF the scenes of Plenty's drowning, and Willard Whytes summer home were filmed there.
    I'm not that familiar with LTK, but I thought the movie originates in Miami, and during Sanchez's escape they are enroute to or from (?) Miami. So yes, I guess Miami is only twice. I had also forgot about the frequency of visits to Venice.

I am biased being Irish, but why hasn't James been across the sea to our beautiful green cliff laden Island?? We have beautiful cliffs in the west which could facilitate many stunts and also work for winding car chases..
    ireland-cliffs-of-moher.jpg

What? Guys got to try right!!
    Anyway, my other places to see Mr Bond:

Australia ( I mean come on, it is crying out for Bond)
    469x264.jpg

Canada (Amazing mountains, get your ski's out James)
    canadian-rocky-mountains-big.jpg

South Africa (vast country with so many potential shooting spots)
    paarl-south-africa.jpg

Chile (having seen the Top Gear boys go through this place, it has amazing spots to drive)
    chile1-640x426.jpg
    I still want a Siberian focused Bond film. Czech, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Ukraine. They have some great settings and could provide a very easy story for a Bond film.

tumblr_lkquxz2RtQ1qa8mkco1_500.jpg
    Jan-Kempenaers-Spomenik-02.jpg
    z8570100xspomenik-w-krusevie.jpg
    Spomenik_04.jpg
    Spomenik_18.jpg
    Spomenik_07.jpg
    3252271777_f34cda7b98_o.jpg
    Spomenik_02.jpg
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    OddJaws wrote:
    I am biased being Irish, but why hasn't James been across the sea to our beautiful green cliff laden Island?? We have beautiful cliffs in the west which could facilitate many stunts and also work for winding car chases

I've been saying for ages Bond should go to Ireland. There and Australia are my top two Bond 24 locations.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes to Ireland! I would love that. Gorgeous scenery, spectacular cliffs and if needed a castle or two may be available.
    Canberra? The last place in the universe Bond should go to is Canberra..
  • Bond won't go to Canberra, as I don't think Bond will ever go to Australia, if that was their intention, after 50 years, well they would of done it by now. Does somebody hold some antipodean ill feeling?, I think somewhere like Sydney or Melbourne, especially with Craig's Bond, would be a fine idea

And Ireland again, it's a nice place to go, almost like Scotland, with green valleys and mountains and spectacular sights, if ever they would of done that, I'm thinking Brosnan's Bond would of been the man for it, but we must remember, while said actor is Irish, Bond himself is a British secret agent, two seperate things. I'm pleased we got to go to Iceland for a recent Bond film, in 2002, and that's it been done, but I would of liked to have seen Bond in Reykjavik and not some ice palace in an obscure location

Once again, Bond has yet to travel to the great white north and take in the sights of say Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver even. Even have a Bond action piece at the Niagara Falls, that's something I would liked to have seen
    OddJaws wrote:
    I am biased being Irish, but why hasn't James been across the sea to our beautiful green cliff laden Island?? We have beautiful cliffs in the west which could facilitate many stunts and also work for winding car chases

I've been saying for ages Bond should go to Ireland. There and Australia are my top two Bond 24 locations.

Alright!! Love for my home country..
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,767
    What a lovely lovely thread! So very beautiful pictures!

I have no foto to offer, but, living quite close to the Munich Oktoberfest site, I had a nice imagination the other day. Not necessarily the Oktoberfest. But, I don´t know if such people exist, but imagine a group of traditionally Bavarian-clad guys, and they would be not nazis but like rural mafia gangsters, a closed community, sinister, cruel, behind a folkoristic exterior appearance, with a lair on or beneath some iconic Bavarian castle. Kind of like the Spang brothers with their western locomotive, only a tad more bizzarre.
    Bayrische%20Tracht%201a.jpg
    neuschwanstein.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    boldfinger wrote:
    What a lovely lovely thread! So very beautiful pictures!

I have no foto to offer, but, living quite close to the Munich Oktoberfest site, I had a nice imagination the other day. Not necessarily the Oktoberfest. But, I don´t know if such people exist, but imagine a group of traditionally Bavarian-clad guys, and they would be not nazis but like rural mafia gangsters, a closed community, sinister, cruel, behind a folkoristic exterior appearance, with a lair on or beneath some iconic Bavarian castle. Kind of like the Spang brothers with their western locomotive, only a tad more bizzarre.
    Bayrische%20Tracht%201a.jpg
    neuschwanstein.jpg

Are you Bayerisch (or simply living there)? I didn't even know you were in Germany.
    Lederhosen-henchmen is a disturbing thought but I wouldn't mind Munich as a set for a Bond film, as it was for book Bond. It is a beautiful city and I've lived happy moments there :) I even suggested it before in this thread.

Time to add something I saw the other day. I said it before, I would love Bond to return to Portugal, here are a couple of reasons why:
    [url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/j5tFXbhEm1I?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/j5tFXbhEm1I?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]
    All I got from that video was that Portugal has a coast and is full of beautiful and talented people. Really beautiful people.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,767
    Sandy wrote:
    Are you Bayerisch (or simply living there)? I didn't even know you were in Germany.
    Lederhosen-henchmen is a disturbing thought but I wouldn't mind Munich as a set for a Bond film, as it was for book Bond. It is a beautiful city and I've lived happy moments there :) I even suggested it before in this thread.
    I just live here. I neither speak Bayrisch nor do I wear Lederhosen ;-) . Ov coarse eyem from Germany. Didn´t you reccognise meye funny accent?
    Why do you think of Lederhosen-henchmen as disturbing? I would find them very much fitting to the way Fleming so masterfully created stereotypes out of cultural phenomenons. And they could speak some hardcore Bavarian rural dialect, so that even the local chief of police, who´s assisting Bond, has a hard time finding a translator when interrogating some of them ;-) .
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    All I got from that video was that Portugal has a coast and is full of beautiful and talented people. Really beautiful people.
    I found at least seven cool locations. Someone maybe should edit that clip and divide the locations and the beautiful people ;-) .

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    boldfinger wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    I just live here. I neither speak Bayrisch nor do I wear Lederhosen ;-) . Ov coarse eyem from Germany. Didn´t you reccognise meye funny accent?
    Why do you think of Lederhosen-henchmen as disturbing? I would find them very much fitting to the way Fleming so masterfully created stereotypes out of cultural phenomenons. And they could speak some hardcore Bavarian rural dialect, so that even the local chief of police, who´s assisting Bond, has a hard time finding a translator when interrogating some of them ;-) .
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I found at least seven cool locations. Someone maybe should edit that clip and divide the locations and the beautiful people ;-) .

Why do I find it disturbing? Just as I would any henchman dressed in folk clothes, no matter what nationality, probably just excepting Japanese. It's too much distraction when someone is wearing traditional clothes, I would be constantly waiting for the music to begin.
    On a side note this week I saw an Australian impeccably dressed in Lederhosen, socks, shoes, etc and I don't even live in Bayern! I didn't know how to react :-??
    Sandy wrote:
    On a side note this week I saw an Australian impeccably dressed in Lederhosen, socks, shoes, etc and I don't even live in Bayern! I didn't know how to react :-??
    I guess his clothing just expresses how little the difference is between Oz and Bayern... Next time, try offering him a beer, and everything should be just fine ;-) .

• edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    BUMP

Anyone have any cool places for Bond 24 to go?

And MODS, can we switch this category to Bond 24 & Beyond? I know the original user is, er, no longer around.
    I definitely think its time for Bond to visit Australia. We already know Quantum loves the opera, so why not visit the Sydney Opera House?

Sydney-opera-house-8-1024x682.jpg

I'd like that bbberrryy much.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's a rather funny line right there waiting to be fitted into the script. Why not go to Sydney Opera House, we've had far worse ideas.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That's a rather funny line right there waiting to be fitted into the script. Why not go to Sydney Opera House, we've had far worse ideas.

Members here seem to always give Quantum a hard time for deciding to hold a secret terrorist meeting at the opera. Yes they were out in the open. Yes it was risky. Yes no terrorist organization in their right mind would ever do something so stupid. But it was a very, very entertaining scene, (IMO the most interesting part of QoS). Craig's Bond has been (arguably, although Dalton was similar) the most realistic and gritty Bond yet, but i believe that the bond films should still be able to make room for flemming-esque escapism and fantasy, and I think Quantum really tried to do that in QoS.

To bring us back on the topic of location... Although, EON might view a revisit to the opera as a little repetitive, and thus rule out the Sydney Opera House, I'd still like to see Bond go to Australia. Perhaps Brisbane or Uluru?

brisbane-ausw644.jpg
    uluru_10241.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    India in some capacity would also be nice, along with Australia.

Incredible_India__by_Sparkz30.jpg

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hEeDlsg8wA4/TT6L8hncQhI/AAAAAAAADGU/XWItBDceBBA/s1600/11hto3p.jpgBenaras, India[/img]

-NIK0241.jpg

Jodhpur, India
    h2india_sprawl.jpg

And how cool would it be to stage an action scene at the Taj Mahal?! If we got Deakins back think how stunning it would look.
    taj.png
    159317-frederika.jpg

The Golden Temple in Amritsar:
    dsc_0631_3.jpg
    img_0216.jpg

Prince of Wales Museum:
    prince_of_wales_museum.jpg
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    I would like to see 007 in Canada & Australia in a future Bond film.
  • Canada. Definitely Canada. Ontario, to be exact.
  • Canada. Definitely Canada. Ontario, to be exact.

Bond evading villains on Highway 401 between Kingston and Belleville? Sign me up!
    Canada. Definitely Canada. Ontario, to be exact.

Bond evading villains on Highway 401 between Kingston and Belleville? Sign me up!
    And the final climax is against a herd of moose.

Canada. Definitely Canada. Ontario, to be exact.

And the final climax is against a herd of moose.

I'd pay 100 bucks for a ticket to see Bond ride into a climatic battle on a Moose, just sayin'
    I think Australia or South Africa would be good choices.

If not, how about 'The Isle of Wight'.......... :))
  • Dubai would have been nice if Mission Impossible didn't do that first.

But I'm really rooting for somewhere in Scandinavia. Iceland is the closest Bond has been to Scandinavia, and that was possibly the worst location in any Bond film. (I don't mean Iceland as a whole, I just mean the horrible Ice Hotel set.) Sweden itself would be pretty nice actually, and yes, I am biased.