What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

• Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Those were very interesting structures. However, I get more of a sci-fi feel out of those.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,892
    Reminiscent of Statue Park, GoldenEye.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2011 Posts: 4,437
    Alexandria - Egypt. Look like a on Dubia, Greece, Italy and the VS. Also a bit English.

46d9e4a9b89f7fa431c678ebb77a2fb1.jpg

7597777-stanley-bridge-alexandria-egypt.jpg

74_2095iskenderi-19.jpg

74_2095ABA_2224.jpg

186893-king-farouk-palace-alexandria-egypt.jpg

ethel-davies-royal-palace-and-yacht-alexandria-egypt-north-africa-africa.jpg

consulat-italien-1.jpg

library+of+alexandria+and+planetarium-night+view.jpg

800px-Alexandria_12-9-2005_3%281%29.jpg

Egypt+2008+186.jpg
    So road from Cario to Alexandria http://thetravelinggene.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

f8dbe14e7acfbec29ac7971bea01_grande.jpg

More (Alexandria & Suez) http://yachtquovadis.com/?p=4046
    Alexandria is beautiful! It would be perfect for Bond.
    Then he can delve deeply into it's treasures.
  • I agree with you Alexandria would be a great location, something that Fleming would like and appeciated too
    Salamanca, Spain

Salamanca_2008.jpg
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,892
    Australian locales

After having visited 50 other countries during the start of the film series, it's time EON brought Bond down under.

John Curtin School of Medicine,
    Australian National University, Canberra:
    1155532069_uSJTs-L-2.jpg
    SetWidth1280-06031218398cmyk-Copy.jpg
    Australian Academy of Science (The Shine Dome), Canberra:
    800px-Shine_dome.jpg
    Purple-Dome.jpg
    The National Wine Centre in Adelaide has a unique design. The external of the building is designed to look like a section of a wine barrel, which also reminds me of the skeleton of a wooden ship wreck. I pass it often on the bus, and I must say it's quite something to look at:
    National%20Wine%20Centre%20in%20Adelaide_Australia_OZ_2.jpg
    National+Wine+Centre.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1208501065000
    Adelaide_2009_201.JPG
    InsideWineCentre.jpg
    Wine.jpg
    IMG_1093.JPG
    Australia. Fu*k yea.

The last pic would be perfect for a lair, with the map n' all.
    Yes, the circular designs and the map, for all sorts of evil planning. It's like this location was meant for Bond. :-?
  • Could do a really interesting intimate scene behind the clock faces of Big Ben:

2588183910_1d18fef20f_b.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    There may be another thread for this already; if so, I apologize. And this may be a short thread as I am keeping it limited to locations. But I was thinking ... I love the great locations that Bond goes to and there are a few of places I'd dearly love to see him spend more time in. Maybe filming there is not practical due to costs or politics or whatver - but what are your ideas, some favorite locales not visited or at least not in a while? For me there are a few: Japan (yes, I know YOLT but it's been decades - and Japan offers such fabulous scenery and culture!) ... Norway (stunning fjords) ... and Canada (some gorgeous natural scenery, there, too). So this thread is not really on all the things we want to see in a Bond movie, just narrowing down to places. What do you think?
    South Africa, Australia and Saudi Arabia.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Listed at least one country per continent.

1. Canada
    2. Australia
    3. Singapore
    4. United Arab Emirates
    5. Serbia
    6. Argentina
    7. Sweden
    8. Wales
    9. Tanzania
    10. Kazakhstan
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Singapore, Moscow, Antarctica, Argentina, Budapest, Kalliningrad, Barcelona.
    Ex-Yugoslavia -slash- the new countries of Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, and Bosnia! The main reason, awesome war-torn imagery:

yugoslavia-modern-2.jpg&sa=X&ei=R5pqT42LKIiDsALZtdn3BQ&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFjAxXw8bXYuMLxJxl0N8Gepza4uQ
    Spomenik_18.jpg&sa=X&ei=UppqT6P8LvKssAKclcmABg&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHUo5Bh6ga7sZpePKWY2x54TjjIIg
    yugoslavia-monuments.jpg&sa=X&ei=X5pqT9yGDpGCsgLer9DvBQ&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHjZIw8LxA5PZiN8GI-lHXdLJv3Tg
    architecture,abstract,art,geometric,landscape,monument-03546a2306f20f267facf0a9b18696e2_h.jpg&sa=X&ei=b5pqT76lKuTYsgLF373oBQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFp8V7CrV1sBROFkkXKziSgtKIE3w

and many many more... https://www.google.com/search?q=yugolavia monuments&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=PppqT6juAaOPsQLp6uyKBg&biw=1304&bih=683&sei=QZpqT6W-LOTnsQLK6aGTBg
  • What I mainly want to see is Bond staying in one or two locations for the entire film. Think of the movies in which he's in one primary area: Jamica in DN. Japan in YOLT. Switzerland in OHMSS. Bahamas in TB. You get a real feel for the area, the people, food, weather etc. Unlike, say, QOS which was all over the map. He goes to Italy twice!!!!!
    I just spent a year in South Korea and it's a beautiful country, especially areas further south like Pusan and JeJu Island. Bond went to North Korea in DAD but, as far as I can remember, he's never visited the South and I think this country can be used effectively.
    This is a duplicate thread from already one is existence, I remember vividly being involved in it, a mere few months ago, thought Mr Samuel would of been aware..

In any event, probably said on the first one that it's a pity we never got to see Bond in Canada, lots of opportunity there which I elaborated on a few days ago. Australia most definitely and surprised it hasn't be done as of yet. Sri Lanka is worth a mention as it has some of the most outstanding scenery in the world, and I'd like to see the Netherlands get a chance again, Diamonds was all over too quickly, we hardly had a chance to take in anything apart from a couple of bridges and outside exteriors
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Argentina is an odd omission in the series thus far.
    Can't see Bond doing the Tango somehow

I'd try and get Maradona to make a cameo If I was in charge, seriously

Have they been to Colombia yet, don't think so, Clear and Present Danger was a very good film, and a bit Bond like sometimes so maybe that's one area to explore, but it's a bit of a rough neighborhood down there..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd love to see Dubai. It has so much potential. Bond could be tailing a rich financier or political rat on sabbatical. All the immense architecture has such potential for brilliant drama and action scenes (see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol if you don't believe me).
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Can't see Bond doing the Tango somehow

I'd try and get Maradona to make a cameo If I was in charge, seriously

Brilliant - shortarse Maradona as some sort of greasy Nick Nack. I doubt he would do it though - no way he would be seen to let an Englishman get one over on him.

Some sort of plot about an Argie rogue general (played by Sean Penn obviously) planning a secret attack on the Falklands with his little henchman Diego anyone?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Canada - Niagara Falls area
    Australia
    Mexico
    South Africa
    Spain
    Australia, Canada, South Africa to name but a few. What I think we all want though is Bond to actually visit the place and see him there not just imagine what it would look like if they weren't filming on a Pinewood backlot! I know budgets and bottom lines are important to EON but surely the image of Bond in Sydney on the harbour, or fighting the forces of evil on the cliffs of Table Mountain are worth the cost and effort in production?
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Australia. There's so much potential. Sydney is a cool city, then there's the outback and the great barrier reef.

Also I would like to see bond in ireland. Not sure if he's been there before but it could be good.

And in the middle east, in a city like jerusalem.
  • Definately South Africa.James Bond even said he would love to go there in DAF.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for your input; and thanks JWestbrook for the cool photos.
    I think locales were mentioned in the other thread of what we want to see, along with many other things - but I just wanted location only because that's is what I was thinking of. I thought of the Netherlands, too - and what about Africa? Victoria Falls perhaps - some amazing stuntwork or shots that could be, eh? Just a thought.
    Definately South Africa.James Bond even said he would love to go there in DAF.

Yes a bit more of Africa. Starting with Table mountain and going up north towards the Namibia Skeleton Coast.