Jackie Chan

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Bruce Lee would have killed Chuck in less than a minute. And I am not joking.

Wouldn't go that far but Lee would win for sure. It'd be like the fight in Way Of The Dragon but much quicker.

Saying that though, put both of them in a fight with Chan and neither of em would last. Especially if Jackie got his hands on a ladder or something, that'd finish things pretty quick;y.
    I'd like to see Jackie fight Tony "lit his f*cking leg on fire" Jaa. That'd be epic.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Chuck Norris stated Bruce Lee pound for pound was the strongest man in the world. On Norris being slow, in The way of the dragon, Lee requested Norris put weight on to appear more menacing if that fight is used as a example. Who would have won in a real fight, as it never happened impossible to say.

P.s. I think Norris and Lee would beat Chan at there respective peaks.
    Chuck Norris stated Bruce Lee pound for pound was the strongest man in the world. On Norris being slow, in The way of the dragon, Lee requested Norris put weight on to appear more menacing if that fight is used as a example. Who would have won in a real fight, as it never happened impossible to say.

True,impossible to say.
    We all are just talking crap of course. :)

001 wrote:

True,impossible to say.
    We all are just talking crap of course. :)

:-) I say impossible to say because they are both incredible fighters, maybe Lee street fighting experience would just edge it. Being a Massive Lee fan i am biased ;-) Though Chuck Norris can punch through time and space and create a worm hole

fact!!! bruce lee had a fitness level never seen before or since no one would even come close to him in a fight

http://www.movie2k.to/Chinese-Zodiac-watch-movie-2382932.html

Dodgy site and not the best quality but I'd watch it while it's still up! It does work btw, I started watching it about half an hour ago.
    jackie chan is amazing love every one of his films hes funny fast as fuck and does fantastic stunt work

but some one said on here that would he make a bond NO as much as i love his work he would not be right for the part however what would be cool would be to see him partner bond. Bond could be on a mission in Hong kong and jackie could be on the same mission as a agent for china and they would have to meet to trade info but whilst they are talking bad guys brake in try to kill them but bond and chan join together to fight them off
  • It's hard for me to judge how good Lee would be in real life. In his films, he's often surrounded by 50 guys who each politely wait their turn until they attack him ONE AT A TIME and each one is killed or knocked unconscious by a single blow or kick. That looked incredibly cool to me when I was 12, but now I realize that it was basically to make Lee look like a superhero.

And with Chan, I rented a DVD many years ago from a video store in Chinatown that had Jackie Chan doing 20 minutes of demonstrations of different styles of fighting. It blew me away; I was used to seeing his comic - but incredibly impressive - fight scenes in films, but to watch him here he looked like the deadliest martial artist in history. I suspect that when he was in his early 20s he was FAR better a fighter than we'd ever think.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I disagree.
    It'd have taken a full minute.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2013 Posts: 17,691
    I suspect that when he was in his early 20s he was FAR better a fighter than we'd ever think.
    If you watch his fight with Benny Urquidez in Wheels On Meals that's basically two guys sparring all out for real- you'll see Jackie was pretty darn good.

I just watched the PTS to Chinese Zodiac with my Son, we were like, holy CRAP!!! We both decided it was too good to watch all the way through at that quality though, but we'll get it as soon as available!!!! Looks awesome!!
    He's 58!?!?!?!?! Wow, just...wow.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    I just watched the PTS to Chinese Zodiac with my Son, we were like, holy CRAP!!! We both decided it was too good to watch all the way through at that quality though

You're more patient than me then ;) I just couldn't wait any longer.

I'll still get the DVD and see it in the cinema if by some miracle it does end up getting a UK release.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited January 2013 Posts: 1,812
    Anybody remember the cartoon "Jackie Chan Adventures"? I loved that show when I was a kid. Not sure if I could go back and watch it today though. I don't think I want to ruin the memory of that show.
  • I am a huge hong kong film fan and jackie chan was a big reason for that. But in my opinion jackie would not stand a chance against Bruce or Chuck. For those of you that don't know Jackie grew up in a peking opera school where they teach a variety of skills such as acting, singing, dancing, mime and martial arts. But it is martial arts for a stage performance which in my opinion adapts better for film than traditional martial art training for legit fighting purposes. Film martial arts and real martial arts are two very different things. Alot of great martial art actors were not martial art masters. Bruce however not only was a master but was a great innovator in the art and science of fighting.
    This man is a legend! Perhaps he should get a role in Expendables 3!!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:

Like magic ;-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jackie-chan-to-appear-in-expendables-3-8425584.html
    RogueAgent wrote:

Like magic ;-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jackie-chan-to-appear-in-expendables-3-8425584.html

No way! :-O Last news i heard about it was working on Connery! That is spooky! :-bd
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 6,432
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Like magic ;-)

No way! :-O Last news i heard about it was working on Connery! That is spooky! :-bd

Slightly off topic that article mentions Skyfall and removal of certain scene referencing the Chinese
    torturing a agent (Edited as misread article initially),for the Chinese cinema release. back on topic hope to see jet li vs Jackie Chan in Expendables 3. Jet li role was too small in the second movie for my liking.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Like magic ;-)

Slightly off topic that article mentions Skyfall and removal of certain scenes involving the Chinese in a torture scene. back on topic hope to see jet li vs Jackie Chan in Expendables 3. Jet li role was too small in the second movie for my liking.

Yeah i was pretty surprised at how little he figured in the film! Lovrd the banter between him and Dolph's charactor. :))
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Like magic ;-)

Slightly off topic that article mentions Skyfall and removal of certain scenes involving the Chinese in a torture scene. back on topic hope to see jet li vs Jackie Chan in Expendables 3. Jet li role was too small in the second movie for my liking.

Yeah i was pretty surprised at how little he figured in the film! Lovrd the banter between him and Dolph's charactor. :))

Yeah think Dolph was wasted in the second movie too, Script seemed to go awol in expendables 2. just found myself waiting for cameos, though the action was pretty good,certainly opening sequence.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Like magic ;-)

Yeah think Dolph was wasted in the second movie too, Script seemed to go awol in expendables 2. just found myself waiting for cameos, though the action was pretty good,certainly opening sequence.

Yeah that was pretty epic! Look forward to the next one soon and ofcourse who is confirmed to be in it?
    I remembering reading Nic Cage is confirmed and also Stallone is hoping to get Harrison Ford also which could be epic. @RogueAgent
    I remembering reading Nic Cage is confirmed and also Stallone is hoping to get Harrison Ford also which could be epic. @RogueAgent

Absolutely! Count me in for those guys being involved! I also heard Clint Eastwood being mentioned too!
    Yeah just read that Eastwood and also Snipes could come on board. Rouke is confirmed to return after being absent in Expendables 2.
  • I hope they get Chow Yun Fat in for Expendables 3.

I'd also like to see a Bond actor even if it's not Connery. Maybe Pierce or Dalts? Although they're not really thought of as action stars outside of Bond so maybe not.
    great stuff! When do they expect a release? Is there any rumours on that?
    http://www.imdb.com/list/lljsVCfiYTI/

This is what imdb has as the cast list for Expendables 3, its pretty impressive.
  • What's also intresting about Ex 3 is this rumour.

http://screencrush.com/expendables-3-sci-fi/

It talks about using the rejected Rambo 5 script about a genetically modified super soldier, and it also hints at a Predator crossover.
    http://www.imdb.com/list/lljsVCfiYTI/

This is what imdb has as the cast list for Expendables 3, its pretty impressive.

That is a helluva list! :-O