What actor do you think would play a good villain and why?

Comments

• Cillian Murphy could be a good villain look at the other movies he acted as an villian
    lahaine wrote:
    Just watching Green lantern again, bought it on bluray occurred to me earlier Mark Strong would make a good bond villain. Despite not always being in good films, he is consistently good as a villain.

Strong would make a great villian especally the main head of Quantum and add Tom Hardy as Red Grant type henchman. It be a wet dream if they cast thoe two for the next Bond film.

Strong is a methodical and controlled actor, would make a good head of Quantum, possibly make a good Blofeld.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Zekidk wrote:
    Michael Shannon
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBqG6EmBXpy56-Qh36_BumgPSuWCLhALormFGU_JpIj1bVvhxiEQ

He was magnificent in revolutionary road.
  • Goldenball wrote:
    Thanks, jackdagger, but that guy above- Gareth Marks (whom I've never heard of) sure looks the part of Mr. Bloefeld.

Check out BBC series BUGS if you can. it was the closet tv series ever to James Bond style plots & villains. Ahead of its time for 90's BBC TV.

Thomas Wheatly of TLD Saunders fame played a villain in an episode named Hollow Man.

Series ran from 1995 to 1999 I think.
    Daniel day lewis as head of quantum would be epic!! He'd certainly wouldn't be forgetable.

Vincent Cassel would be a great villian as well.
  • Steve Buscemi? Now that would be interesting! Maybe he can reprise his role as Mr. Pink going against Bond.
    You know this may sound very strange, but I had an idea a while back about Pierce Brosnan returning as a villain going up against Craig's 007. Brosnan playing a role similar to the one in MATADOR. It's kind of a stupid idea, but it would certainly make for an interesting conflict.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 8
    Ciarán Hinds!!!
    Helen Mirren
    I quite like the idea on Denzel Washington as a villain up against Craig's Bond!
    Christoph Waltz (Django unchained ,Inglourious Basterds,The Green Hornet)
    make a great Blofeld?
  • Data_ThiefData_Thief Banned
    I think James Lipton would make a fine appearance in a Bond film, good or bad.

Did you guys know Anthony Hopkins turned down the role of Elliot Carver?

Anthony Hopkins would have been good also, but I'd hate to see the film changed now.

Another thing I just noticed, there hasn't been any real Women who are the main villain, or am I wrong about that one...
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Arnold Swarzenegger at his current age would be great as a rebooted Goldfinger.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jka12002 wrote:
    Arnold Swarzenegger at his current age would be great as a rebooted Goldfinger.

Haha, very funny.
    that hurt my head.
  • Bryan Cranston, surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet.
  • An unknown, a larger than life figure. I don't want to be thinking of their other work, I want to be immersed in the Bondian world.
  • I say Benedict Cumberbatch will make an amazing Bond villain. There have been rumors of him being cast as the newest Bond villain, and I say it'd be amazing. He's fantastic as Sherlock Holmes, and he'd make an excellent super villain.
    jolearon wrote:
    Al Pacino - (Who wouldn't want to see that, I mean really.)

I wouldn't. I am a big fan of Al Pacino, but he is a bit too old now, way too famous and plays way too often the same shouting type of character. Unless it is a personal project (in which case he is brilliant), I don't think he plays his characters very seriously.

An unknown, a larger than life figure. I don't want to be thinking of their other work, I want to be immersed in the Bondian world.

What he said. I want to see the character, not the actor's name.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I say Benedict Cumberbatch will make an amazing Bond villain. There have been rumors of him being cast as the newest Bond villain, and I say it'd be amazing. He's fantastic as Sherlock Holmes, and he'd make an excellent super villain.

Benedict is so versatile, he could do anything. He has given me a reason to actually consider watching the Trek films now.

I say Benedict Cumberbatch will make an amazing Bond villain. There have been rumors of him being cast as the newest Bond villain, and I say it'd be amazing. He's fantastic as Sherlock Holmes, and he'd make an excellent super villain.

Benedict is so versatile, he could do anything. He has given me a reason to actually consider watching the Trek films now.

He is a little bit young for my taste. And for Bond 24 I would like a more brutish looking actor.
    Ludovico wrote:

He is a little bit young for my taste. And for Bond 24 I would like a more brutish looking actor.

36 seems a good age to me.
    Ludovico wrote:

36 seems a good age to me.

With a Bond in his 40s, it is a bit young. I am not certain if he could be intimidating enough against Craig. I would rather have someone about Craig's age or older (obviously not a lot older, you don't want a geriatric villain either). Someone like Gary Lewis or (maybe) Ciaran Hinds.
  • I think Joaquin Phoenix would make an amazing unhinged villain against Craig.
    I always thought John Malkovich would be a great villain and often picture him as the bad guy when reading a Bond novel. Although he may be getting a bit too old nowadays.
    I also like the idea of a female villain.
  • THEBond007THEBond007 Banned

Al Pacino would be good maybe.
    Daniel Day Lewis. Not very original choice I know but he's make a brilliant Blofeld or any villain for that matter. Also, Matt Damon so Bond can kick Bourne's arse for real!
  • THEBond007THEBond007 Banned
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Daniel Day Lewis. Not very original choice I know but he's make a brilliant Blofeld or any villain for that matter. Also, Matt Damon so Bond can kick Bourne's arse for real!

I like the Daniel Day Lewis choice. It's a good one I could see him playing a good one.
  • Mark Strong as A former friend of Bond in the War and was left for dead by Bond and now seeks vengeance on Bond and On the United Kingdom

or

Benidict Cumberpatch stars as a boy caught in the middle of a raid by MI6 to stop his father and In the climax of the raid he was burned and scared now years have gone by ploting his attack on MI6 and the time has finally come.

Or even maybe Michael Sheen
    Idk lol
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 82
    Daniel Day Lewis
    Willem Dafoe
    Edward Norton
    Benicio del toro( sure he was great in LTK but i think at his age he would make a GREAT lead villain now)