New Ideas for a 007 Villain?

2»

Comments

We haven't had a American as a Villain in a while. (Unless one counts the villainy annoying Beam form QOS.)

• If he was 15-20 years younger, I'd love to see Jack Nicholson as a Bond Villain.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ^ I would've loved to have seen this- no matter how high profile he is.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Why does he have to be younger. How about an older villain, instead.
    QBranch wrote:
    ^ I would've loved to have seen this- no matter how high profile he is.
    Why does he have to be younger. How about an older villain, instead.

Exactly. TSWL? (I'll admit, not one of the better ones, but it works)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Look at Al Pacino in Ocean's Thirteen. He was an older bad guy, and he worked.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 14,036
    Look at Al Pacino in Ocean's Thirteen. He was an older bad guy, and he worked.

Look at the mummy in, er, The Mummy - and he too, worked. Just kidding. ;) I'd like to see an older villain too, at some point. Someone who can still trade a few blows with Craig.
    While the mummy did work, he may be a little too old to include. B-)
    edited December 2011 Posts: 14,036
    While the mummy did work, he may be a little too old to include. B-)

I take it you're not too wrapped with that idea? :-S
    Well, really it doesn't matter how old the villain is. It'd take a swarm of locusts, rivers of blood or fireballs to stop me from seeing a film I'd like to see.
    Well, really it doesn't matter how old the villain is. It'd take a swarm of locusts, rivers of blood or fireballs to stop me from seeing a film I'd like to see.

Especially if it's got Dan's girl in it. Wah-hey! We've come full circle!
    I should tell my mummy about you.
    It'd take a swarm of locusts, rivers of blood or fireballs to stop me from seeing a film I'd like to see.
    That gives me an idea - a Bond villain who wants to unleash a biblical plague. I was reading something the other day about a bizarre disease in Southern Sudan known as "nodding disease" that we know very little about because the area has been cut off by civil war for so long, and it is endemic to an isolated corner of an isolated country in an isolated pocket of an isolated continent. It "freezes" a child's development; once they have it, they stop growing, both physically and mentally, and this cannot be reversed. It also causes seizures characterised by pronounced nodding of the head that happen whenever a child eats or their body temperature drops. It sounds horrifying, like all ten biblical plagues of Egypt rolled into one.
    Jesus... And I thought it would take a zombie plague to really end the world. This would not only take care of any kids we've got right now, it would scare any parent away from having kids, effectively ending the human race.
    "Nodding disease" doesn't seem to affect anyone over the age of fifteen - there comes a point where a person naturally ages enough that the disease cannot affect their development if they are infected. Sixteen year-olds would be able to mature enough to reproduce; all an epidemic would do is create a vaccuum in a generation. And like many of the scary African diseases like Ebola, "nodding disease" is too efficinet. It kills its victims too quickly to be able to spread.

Also, nobody really knows how the disease is transmitted, but the current theory is that it is spread by the black fly, an insect endemic to the Yei River in Southern Sudan (which spreads another nasty disease, river blindness). It apaprently cannot be passed on by blood contact the way other diseases can be. So, a villain who wanted to unleash "nodding disease" on the world would need a swarm of infected black flies.
    All it takes is one little mutation and things could get way out of hand.
    Well, that's the danger. You've got a villain who wants to unleash a biblical plague and is using a swarm of black flies infected with "nodding disease" to do it, so he's hardly going to be the most stable bad guy.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    What about a villain who wants to save the world for a change ie an extreme environmentalist?

I think that has been done with Stromberg in TSWLM
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:
    What about a villain who wants to save the world for a change ie an extreme environmentalist?

I think that has been done with Stromberg in TSWLM

Well, he was an environmentalist, but he didn't want to save the world. Nobody's stupid enough to believe that nukes won't hurt the environment.
  • I really liked the character of Nicole Hunter in BloodStone. I would love to see her as the villainess for Bond 24.

Charlize Theron as Nicole Hunter, a wealthy socialite, jewelry designer and diamond smuggler working for Quantum who is madly in love with Quantum's leader. I'm imagining her as a little more crazier and psychotic than her videogame counterpart. Throw in an awesome, powerhouse henchman and you've got a great physical challenge for Bond.

She would obviously be providing a huge cash flow for Quantum, but it would be awesome if she could also be up to something more sinister (as long as its not a space-based weapon :-?)

I'm also imagining her operation in Vancouver so that the movie can be packed with skiing and snowmobile chases!
  • I'd love what was rumored for Bond 23, a female head for Quantum.
    I would love to see again Eastern European and Russian villains, more military types, having both the brains and brawn to be a threat to Bond.
    Quantum07 wrote:
    I really liked the character of Nicole Hunter in BloodStone. I would love to see her as the villainess for Bond 24.

Charlize Theron as Nicole Hunter, a wealthy socialite, jewelry designer and diamond smuggler working for Quantum who is madly in love with Quantum's leader. I'm imagining her as a little more crazier and psychotic than her videogame counterpart. Throw in an awesome, powerhouse henchman and you've got a great physical challenge for Bond.

She would obviously be providing a huge cash flow for Quantum, but it would be awesome if she could also be up to something more sinister (as long as its not a space-based weapon :-?)

I'm also imagining her operation in Vancouver so that the movie can be packed with skiing and snowmobile chases!
    Problem, SHE DIES