New Ideas for a 007 Villain?

edited December 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 12
How about Helen Mirren as a new, really nasty villainess?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I vote for Gary Oldman as a cool anarchist villain. He should blow up Parliment, or poison the Thames, or something big like that.
    how about a Chemist that creates a diet drink that if one thing is change in the formula it becomes toxic sludge in the stomach.....
    i would like to see Jeremy Irons as an intellectually twisted villain along with Jason Isaac's as his more than capable henchman
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 660
    this is the wrong selection......

I would like to women villian again
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,998
    Alan Rickman, playing a villain similar to Drax- but more interesting and over-the-top. But mainly because he has never played a villain before. ;)
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    i would like to see Jeremy Irons as an intellectually twisted villain along with Jason Isaac's as his more than capable henchman

• Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman would be awesome as independent villains! I also think Jason Isaacs has the chops to be a main villain and not just a henchman.
  • Sorry but Rickman and Irons days as bad guys belong in the Die Hard series from years past, I don't think it could ever work out well to have them either of them as a Bond nemesis from a 2012 perspective

Oldman could work, he's done really well before in the villain role in movies like Reno and Air Force One and seems a credible part to appear in Bond, I guess it's still not to late for the Englishman but ideas such as 'poisoning the Thames' could be doomed to failure. (?)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Why do you say that? I imagine if a terrorist wanted to actually cause some damage, poisoning the Thames would be a good play.
    like the cartoon of irons! lol! he definately gets my vote now! petition mike and babs asap!!!!! lol
    I don't think we've had a female "overlord" villain yet, only henchmen. This should be explored further by the producers. Of course, I want the villainess to have nasty henchmen to do the dirty work.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    <b>This isn't 'News'. Please take a few seconds to specify an appropriate section for your topic when creating a new one. Thank you.

Moved to Bond Movies</b>
    sw909 wrote:
    How about Helen Mirren as a new, really nasty villainess?

I like this idea. how about her teamed with Glen Close as a lesbian evil duo who run a criminal organization? Like Octopussy they would have only lethal women working for them and all are lesbian and would be oblivious to Bond's charms.
    What about a villain who wants to save the world for a change ie an extreme environmentalist?
    LeChiffre wrote:
    What about a villain who wants to save the world for a change ie an extreme environmentalist?

Ooh, interesting. He's willing to topple government to save the world. He attacks big corps that are protected by the government, and thus ends up clashing with government forces as well. It would definitely make the whole 'Bond questioning his job' thing work.
    I'd like to see a villain motivated by seeing justice served - or at least what he perceives to be justice, correcting what he believes to be a wrong. The "justice must be served, whatever the price" ideal could become a kind of mantra for a series of crimes that are increasingly difficult to justify. He would be a real ends-justify-the-means kind of character, and present a real challenge to Bond.
    kinda like judge dred?
  • SAMSAM
    I am aware that a female henchwoman is not exactly new in the world of James Bond. Though there have been just two great female villains in the entire franchise:

Thunderball: Luciana Paluzzi as Fiona Volpe (1965)
    Goldeneye: Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp (1995)

Incidently, I certainly thought these two were two of the sexiest Bond girls in the entire franchise.

16 years have passed since the last great female villain !!!
    Char35t wrote:
    kinda like judge dred?
    No.
    SAM wrote:
    I am aware that a female henchwoman is not exactly new in the world of James Bond. Though there have been just two great female villains in the entire franchise:

Thunderball: Luciana Paluzzi as Fiona Volpe (1965)
    Goldeneye: Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp (1995)

Incidently, I certainly thought these two were two of the sexiest Bond girls in the entire franchise.

16 years have passed since the last great female villain !!!

Well, 16 years have passed since the last (main) henchwoman. DAD had Miranda Frost and CR had Valenka (Le Chiffre's girlfriend, who was kind of a henchwoman for a moment or two). And we had a female villain in TWINE, which was only twelve years ago.
  • SAMSAM
    I watched In The Line Of Fire (Clint Eastwood movie) recently and one character (John Malkovich) caught my attention.

What about James Bond coming up against an adversary that was chameleon (someone that constantly changes their appearance) ?

I believe that would be a first in the long running franchise.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,998
    ^ As long as the villain doesn't cross-dress, wear terrible facial disguises or undergo gene therapy, I'm all for it.
    I'd like to see a villain motivated by seeing justice served - or at least what he perceives to be justice, correcting what he believes to be a wrong. The "justice must be served, whatever the price" ideal could become a kind of mantra for a series of crimes that are increasingly difficult to justify. He would be a real ends-justify-the-means kind of character, and present a real challenge to Bond.

Yeah, Batman the Animated Series used this concept in two of their episodes, at least that I can think of off the top of my head, and they were really great! There was a lot of character build-up and tension with this idea, and made the episodes two of my favorite. I really like this idea.
    How about, rather than a villian as such another agent working for another country/ secret service, kind of like the Scaramage scenario but they are actually equals in terms of employment, hunting eachother down in the field to get to / secure what ever the maguffin may be.
  • LeChiffre wrote:

This would be a great idea. My one qualm with it is it could become a bit Posion Ivy like if not done correctly.

how about a sort of disfigured villian like Two face
    002 wrote:
    how about a sort of disfigured villian like Two face

That would kind of be like Donald Pleasance's Blofeld.
    I'd like to see a kind of anti-Bond, the equivalent of a Double-Oh agent, but someone who served for another country. Maybe someone who served in the Iraqi Republican Guard, but who rejects being called "evil" simply because he was associated with Saddam Hussein. It could make or an interesting scene where the villain tells Bond not to judge him on his past actions, because those actions were done out of love for his country, because he believed he was doing the right thing for his country, and that he is no different to Bond. Bond is, after all, an assassin who operates under the authority of the state. The only difference between them is that Bond was born in England and the villain in Iraq. The villain's intentions were good; it is his actions that were questionable. Yes, I know this is sounding a lot like Sayyid Jarrah from "Lost", but I'm deliberately using him as an example of a character that could work. Although the more I write this up, the more this "Opposite Bond" is sounding like an anti-hero rather than an actual villain.
    That'd be interesting. Like seeing Jack Wade or Felix Leiter going rogue.
    No, in this version, they never went rogue. This particular character is the same as Bond: loyal to the cause, and essentially a good person despite the fact that he does things that are questionable (at best). The only major difference between the two is that Bond is a British citizen and this particular character is Iranian or Chinese. They believe they are doing the right thing, just as Bond believes he is. Though I do imagine that this particular character is more of an on-again, off-again ally than a pure villain.