MASS KILLINGS AT SCHOOL in Newtown, Connecticut, USA

12346»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    What about Uzi 9mms or .45 long slides?

Ideal for home defence,
    but I'm not a fan of solid projectiles.
  • It's so sad to see some opinions which suggest precious rights are much more important than the precious lives of little children. I hope the chance for change has a postive outcome.
  • On a really serious note, America has to realise that these military weapons of mass annihilation are the problem. Most of the people who defend the possession of these weapons have no idea about defence. In the real world there are many like myself who have been trained to survive by any & all means necessary in a military environment. If I told you that I was trained to disarm & kill an assailant with nothing more than a rolled up magazine, most would say BS, but I'm not lying, a trained operator can use anything at hand to take out an individual.

It seems to me that Americans buy more of these weapons to feel safe, yet the more they purchase the more unsafe they actually get.

It seems to me that Americans buy more of these weapons to feel safe, yet the more they purchase the more unsafe they actually get.

As an American I must tell you sir, that I agree.

The moment I was reasonably proficient in martial arts (around 14) and was able to repel bullying effectively was the moment when I realized how lazy most people are. Security comes from training & discipline, not from some 'magic' equalizer. A gun is a tool, like a sidekick. Rely on one tool (worse yet, one you are not even well trained in using) & your scope of ability is gone. Your 'strength' becomes your weakness.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited December 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Good to see that rational people have finally decided to get to the root cause of the problem:

http://mobile.uk.msn.com/device/news/world/article.aspx?cp-documentid=250429122&ocid=us-parents-buy-armourplated-backpacks

Jesus Christ at what point will people think 'perhaps we really need to sit down and think of another way of dealing with this'? When they are taking their kids to school in tanks?

Only in America.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Good to see that rational people have finally decided to get to the root cause of the problem:

http://mobile.uk.msn.com/device/news/world/article.aspx?cp-documentid=250429122&ocid=us-parents-buy-armourplated-backpacks

Jesus Christ at what point will people think 'perhaps we really need to sit down and think of another way of dealing with this'? When they are taking their kids to school in tanks?

Only in America.

Unfair to paint all Americans with the same brush. More than half of us voted for President Obama, and way more than half of us support much stricter gun control laws.
    echo wrote:

Unfair to paint all Americans with the same brush. More than half of us voted for President Obama, and way more than half of us support much stricter gun control laws.
    I don't think he painting us all that way, echo. Just talking to a few of us Yanks on here that do not worship at the altar of the Holy Assault Weapon lets him know we aren't all like that.
    :)>-
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I wish the US had a parliamentary system; it would have been helpful during the George W. Bush years (which was, not incidentally, when the assault weapons ban expired). Sadly, we do not.
  • I may have been a bit harsh on you "Yanks" & lumped you all together for which I must appologise. I've been humbled here because I see that there are many who want to change your nations preocupation with Guns. To me this is very encouraging, at this time when we all hope for a more peaceful world.

May I offer you a little festive cheer & say:

"Peace to all and may your God go with you".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I may have been a bit harsh on you "Yanks" & lumped you all together for which I must appologise. I've been humbled here because I see that there are many who want to change your nations preocupation with Guns. To me this is very encouraging, at this time when we all hope for a more peaceful world.

No harm done. And sometimes, we need a good kick in the teeth.

Seasons greetings and best wishes to all of you, both to my fellow countrymen as well as those joined here from all around the globe. May your Christmases be merry and bright.
  • I may have been a bit harsh on you "Yanks" & lumped you all together for which I must appologise. I've been humbled here because I see that there are many who want to change your nations preocupation with Guns. To me this is very encouraging, at this time when we all hope for a more peaceful world.

No harm done. And sometimes, we need a good kick in the teeth.

Seasons greetings and best wishes to all of you, both to my fellow countrymen as well as those joined here from all around the globe. May your Christmases be merry and bright.

Best Wishes to you & all as well, been on this site for a couple of months, good crew, merry christmas & a prosperous new year.
    And a prayer to all the parents of children killed or lost to illness around this planet. [-O<
    And now two firefighters ambushed and shot dead when trying to do their job. Yet another tragedy. Sympathies to their families and communities.
  • I'm a bit of a fighting philosopher, so I like this quote.

"Even when laws have been written down, they ought not always to remain unaltered" - Aristotle.

Basically the 2nd amendment, Obama, "HELLO", change the law, you have the power!