Bottom Line, people- Is the character of James Bond kind of messed up or not? (IYO)

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited November 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 17,691
Super spy genius, or man with incredible talents & issues as well?
Calm, cool & collected, or controlled to a questionable point?
:-?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,936
    Remember- he's not entirely monk... We share all those attributes mentioned- well, except for the spy genius thing. :-< Fleming acknowledged the fact that giving Bond flaws would make him more intriguing to the reader, add realism and depth, and possibly that any OTT moment he's involved in is balanced out by these flaws- reminding the reader that while he can do incredible things, he is not perfect. Yes, Bond is damaged, but that just makes him all the more interesting.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited November 2012 Posts: 3,497
    So you want him to be half monk, half hitman?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JamesCraig wrote:
    So you want him to be half monk, half hitman?
    Any thug can kill. He needs him to take his ego out of the equation.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    General discussions are meant for non-Bond discussions. Moved to Bond Movies.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Thanks Darth.
  • Depends to a point as to which version you're taking about.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Depends to a point as to which version you're taking about.

I guess I'm asking who the character is to you based on what your favourite Bond material is...
    Classical archetype alpha male always on top of his game who knows everything there is to know about gold, diamonds, sherry etc, and a chauvinistic, arrogant womanizer.
    Bond is kind of messed up who could blame him how would you cope with a job like his ? most people would be in a straight jacket half way threw CR but bonds unique with a past that keeps him emotionally detached from all the hardships around him even if he loses someone hes dedicated to the job in hand you must remember mi6 is the only family he as ever had. But don't think hes a emotionless robot why you think he drinks so much martini
    I think it's pretty well known even if you have not read any of the Fleming books? That he is a very complicated and conflicted charactor. Especially with his profession being what it is?