Love Scene in the end must come back again.

Comments

Craig should get the girl at the end of Bond 23. Maybe even throw in a line about "coming once a year" ;)

Seriously, its about time he got the girl. Fleming's Bond only had to wait one adventure before he did.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 11,425
    It's pretty straight forward.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote:
    yusuf? that was SUCH a lame sub-Bourne 3 ending. Do they need to make the ripping off quite so obvious? Much better if he and Camille had floated away on a torrent of un-dammed water with a wink at the camera.
    How the hell does the ending of QoS even relate to The Bourne Ultimatum??

The depressing Russian council estate setting with Bourne/Bond having to track someone down and confront/confess to them to achieve emotional 'closure'? I thought the derivative aspects of QoS were pretty obvious. THat said, Bond has always 'borrowed' heavily so hardly a new development.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    yusuf? that was SUCH a lame sub-Bourne 3 ending. Do they need to make the ripping off quite so obvious? Much better if he and Camille had floated away on a torrent of un-dammed water with a wink at the camera.

The depressing Russian council estate setting with Bourne/Bond having to track someone down and confront/confess to them to achieve emotional 'closure'? I thought the derivative aspects of QoS were pretty obvious. THat said, Bond has always 'borrowed' heavily so hardly a new development.

That was Bourne Supremacy, not Ultimatum. If you think that Bond copies the Bourne formula, look at who has been around longer. Every spy film takes from Bond. It's like musical groups always taking some influence from the Beatles. In both those scenes, Bond with Yusef and Bourne with Neski's daughter, they were there for two separate reasons. Bourne's purpose to tell Neski's daughter what he had done and that he was sorry, while Bond's purpose was to confront Yusef and out him as a part of Quantum and save Corrine(another girl he was winding up like Vesper) from the same fate as Vesper. Two different men, two different emotional states.
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

That was Bourne Supremacy, not Ultimatum. If you think that Bond copies the Bourne formula, look at who has been around longer. Every spy film takes from Bond. It's like musical groups always taking some influence from the Beatles. In both those scenes, Bond with Yusef and Bourne with Neski's daughter, they were there for two separate reasons. Bourne's purpose to tell Neski's daughter what he had done and that he was sorry, while Bond's purpose was to confront Yusef and out him as a part of Quantum and save Corrine(another girl he was winding up like Vesper) from the same fate as Vesper. Two different men, two different emotional states.

Apologies. Getting my Bournes mixed up. I'm not against ripping off if it adds something. I think after Bourne fight scenes can never be the same again and QoS I believe went as far as employing the same fight choreographer as Bourne. However, I thought the Russian estate scene seemed unneccesarily and pointlessly derivative. For good rip off see the helicopter strafing scene in FRWL, which is lifted directly from North by North West, but who cares as it's still great. CR arguably also referenced Hitch with the train scene and knowingly winked at Don't Look Now in the final Venice scenes. All good fun and nicely knowing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ^
    If film can't take inspiration and influence from other great films, think how boring cinema would be.
    ^
    If film can't take inspiration and influence from other great films, think how boring cinema would be.

Totally agree.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Any variation of Bond ending the film with the leading lady, just not in bed, is fine by me. Give it a twist to what the public, think they'll see. I'm sure Skyfall will have that scene and it'll be good.
    probably bond will end up in the sack with javier. all very metrosexual.
    Getafix wrote:
    probably bond will end up in the sack with javier. all very metrosexual.

Now another problem arises: which of them will be the man in the relationship? ;)
    I think this thread title is a little misleading. They're not really love scenes. It's sex.
    Getafix wrote:
    I think he might have been referring to THE BOURNE SUPREMACY, where Bourne went to Moscow to apologise to the girl whose parents he killed off-the-books.
    Well he only kiss the one the girls after Pre title. But Severine was killed off. Nomie was introduce as Miss Moneypenny in the end. But Bond 24 let hope he kiss leading Lady in the end.
    Bond did kiss his Bond girl in Skyfall
    ...on...the forehead... :((
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    QBranch wrote:
    Now that's what I call a great climax.

Purvis...Wade...that you?
  • What a pity Hugh Grant did not become Bond. Now he is of course too old, but he would have fitted as a Bond in the old style of Connery and Moore. Bond should be a chauvinist!
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    The girl at the end scene was so abused especially in the last two Brosnan movies. It became predictable. And the writing missed the wit of the early films.

With the more serious tone of Craig, you need to make sure it fits into the overall vibe of the film. Tacking it in at the end for the sake of it could be naff. It suited the Connery/Moore films the best.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,457
    I like how he and Camille parted in QoS. The two were not in the mission for love, but revenge at individual planes. Bond for Vesper, Camille for her mother and sisters. The two had no need to have sex, so they parted with a short peck on the lips, kind of a "thanks for everything" parting gift. I though the scene was handled well, since there really was no need for Bond to sleep with Camille. It is one of the many reasons why I like the film and Camille as a Bond girl. A Bond girl doesn't need to be a sex toy for Bond to be memorable or interesting. I like to think Bond got all his anger at Vesper's betrayal/turnaround/and death when he slept with Fields, and then felt no need to sleep with Camille after he saw that his contact with Fields ended badly.

I know this is an old post, but I just saw it - very well thought it, that's how I saw it, as well. They had a connection with everything they had been through since they first met up, but it was driven by revenge, not sex.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I like how he and Camille parted in QoS. The two were not in the mission for love, but revenge at individual planes. Bond for Vesper, Camille for her mother and sisters. The two had no need to have sex, so they parted with a short peck on the lips, kind of a "thanks for everything" parting gift. I though the scene was handled well, since there really was no need for Bond to sleep with Camille. It is one of the many reasons why I like the film and Camille as a Bond girl. A Bond girl doesn't need to be a sex toy for Bond to be memorable or interesting. I like to think Bond got all his anger at Vesper's betrayal/turnaround/and death when he slept with Fields, and then felt no need to sleep with Camille after he saw that his contact with Fields ended badly.

I know this is an old post, but I just saw it - very well thought it, that's how I saw it, as well. They had a connection with everything they had been through since the first met up, but it was driven by revenge, not sex.

I agree with my past self, too! ;))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, very good!

Oh, and I, too, would like to see the typical love scene at the end of a film for Craig. I enjoyed how they finished up SF - it was a perfect ending - but for the next one, let's have him shack up with a beautiful lady before the credits role.
  • It has been refreshing in Craig's films that he hasn't had the 'get the girl' traditional ending but poor old Dan's version I think now deserves the embrace of his leading lady in the next one as reward for the tougher times he's had.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't really care about having a love scene to close the movie. What I want is an actual love sexually charged love scene that pushes the pg-13 rating right to the very limits. Seriously, say what you want about the films but I'm astounded that the love scene in the latest Twighlight film is better than the majority of the love scenes in Bond films.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,143
    doubleoego wrote:
    I don't really care about having a love scene to close the movie. What I want is an actual love sexually charged love scene that pushes the pg-13 rating right to the very limits. Seriously, say what you want about the films but I'm astounded that the love scene in the latest Twighlight film is better than the majority of the love scenes in Bond films.

What are you doing watching that Twilight mush?! In all seriousness though, I agree a more sexually charged realistic passionate love scene would be good to be seen in a Bond movie. It has been a little bit prim and proper and prudish in the past.
    I'm sure it will happen at somepoint? It's always good to see Jimbo get his rocks off at the end! ;))
  • doubleoego wrote:
    I never got the point of that. We all know what happens so I don't really see the use I'm being any more graphic.
  • It is sad, but we have entered a sex-less era. Let me explain: For those of you who have watched all Bond films lets take a trip back in time. Sean Connery was considered a male icon. Women dreamed of a man like him, and men wanted to be him. In Goldfinger the scene where Bond slaps a girl playfully on the ass while saying “Run along now, man talk.”would now cause a fit on inappropriate behavior and other crap. But at the time people were not offended and physical contact was normal, or rather HUMAN. In the Living Daylights, they tried to make Bond more of a one-woman man. With Brosnan they brought back some of the sex appeal and of course sex works both ways, for example it was a KGB strategy to photograph agents, politicians etc. with prostitutes as was seen in DAD where they tried to get Bond in compromising photos, at the hotel with the massage girl. But lets face it: all of a sudden men are waxing their chests, genitals, legs, etc. I wonder if they would cast a young Connery today for the role as he was very hairy. I grew up with Sean's last and all of Roger Moore's Bond. I of course liked the fact that they would walk into a room and all the women would notice and flirt with them. The same was with Brosnan. That is missing from Craig's films. Its not to say that he must have sex with every woman in the films, but the playful flirting and the sex factor were very important to Flemming. We'll just have to see how the Moneypenny story goes on
    Considering how godawful the last three "girl ends up in Bonds arms" scenes were.....believe you me I am not missing them.

Did Wai Lin even like Brozz Bond at the end of that film? No chemistry whatsoever..

The pun at the end of TWINE was so bad you could sense every splincter clench in embarassment in the auditorium

And the final scene with Jinx on a Welsh beach pretending to be Korea. That was dialogue worthy of Jackie Collins

No I am not missing them. The endings of Craigs films suit his era.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    actonsteve wrote:
    Considering how godawful the last three "girl ends up in Bonds arms" scenes were.....believe you me I am not missing them.

Did Wai Lin even like Brozz Bond at the end of that film? No chemistry whatsoever..

The pun at the end of TWINE was so bad you could sense every splincter clench in embarassment in the auditorium

And the final scene with Jinx on a Welsh beach pretending to be Korea. That was dialogue worthy of Jackie Collins

ROFL! Post of the year.
  • actonsteve wrote:

I think Bond 24 will be a regular Bond film now the reboots over. And I think because of that, we'll get a girl at the end.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    DEFINITELY ! But probably not with Craig's tenure... I really miss it anyway.
  • I would be refreshing to have a Love scene end a Bond film. That was the tradmark.