CAN DALTON COME BACK INTO THE ROLE OF 007 AFTER CRAIGS DEPARTURE?

edited November 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 71
What do you think CAN DALTON COME BACK INTO THE ROLE OF 007 AFTER CRAIGS DEPARTURE?

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    You must be joking.

And my hears hurt. [-(
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    007bond762 wrote:
    What do you think CAN DALTON COME BACK INTO THE ROLE OF 007 AFTER CRAIGS DEPARTURE?

You should be banned from using the Internet.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Come back anytime Tim! Those fan trailers on youtube make me really think it's possible

This isn't that much more far-fetched than the similar Brosnan thread
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Let it go, man. Just let it go.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,243
    Dalton would be the first to say no. He said in 1989 that he would not play Bond when he is 50. He said Bond needs to be young. Dalton respected the franchise and it's best interests. He would never stand in the way of progress!

Don't get me wrong, I love Dalton as Bond and am pissed with what the legal battle did. He damn well deserved a third film and so did Fleming Bond fans. But the past is the past. Life is not fair.
    He deserved a third film.

He was a sir who waited 5 years (!!!!) to resign.
    JamesCraig wrote:
    He deserved a third film.

He was a sir who waited 5 years (!!!!) to resign.

Like Brosnan deserved a 5th one, I agree.

But both have been 007 and have done their job well enough. They had their time, after Daniel we need a fresh face and perhaps a fresh approuch.

Brosnan's time was up. And mostly not even because of him, but because they ran out of creative juices and after 40 years, it was time to start all over again.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    JamesCraig wrote:
    Brosnan's time was up. And mostly not even because of him, but because they ran out of creative juices and after 40 years, it was time to start all over again.
    I would have been okay with an "Old" Bond story featuring Dalton, but then he's my fave and I'd even watch him in a Bugs Bunny cartoon!
    Oh wait, I *DID* watch him in a Bugs Bunny cartoon!
    Yeah lets derail a Dalton thread. :D
  • 007bond762 wrote:

=))
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    No , this thread is absolutely ridiculous. But perhaps a CGI / Animated film would be cool featuring a more younger Dalton supported with Tim's vocal support would suffice.
    I would love a video game with dalton
    But perhaps a CGI / Animated film would be cool featuring a more younger Dalton supported with Tim's vocal support would suffice.

On a serious note, great idea!!!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,985
    TLD game? How could it go wrong?
    I'd want a Bond animated movie with TD's voice, not just a game!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 11
    Are we gonna discuss Roger Moore next? :-w
    Robs9090 wrote:
    Are we gonna discuss Roger Moore next? :-w

Yep and then Connery & Lazenby.

:D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,894
    chrisisall wrote:
    I'd want a Bond animated movie with TD's voice, not just a game!

I put foward such a suggestion on the old forum. The film, Film Noir (2007), got me thinking about animated Bond films starring the past actors, not unlike the Big Finish audio stories starring the past Doctor Who actors.

Can Dalton return post Craig? No, and I say that has a front line Dalton fan. He is in his mid 60's now, and doesn't need the physical strain the role would cause.

But depsite what the doubters say, I do think Dalton deserved another 2 or 3 Bond films, taking his era into the mid 1990's.

Can Dalton return post Craig? No, and I say that has a front line Dalton fan. He is in his mid 60's now
    Didn't stop Indy!
    ...just sayin'.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    Can Dalton return post Craig? No, and I say that has a front line Dalton fan. He is in his mid 60's now
    Didn't stop Indy!
    ...just sayin'.

You've got a point. But if he turned the role down for believing himself to be too young, I suspect he'd do the same for being to old. But at his age now, I think Dalton would make a cracking M.
    I think Dalton would make a cracking M.

You said that just to see me drool, eh?
    chrisisall wrote:
    I think Dalton would make a cracking M.

You said that just to see me drool, eh?

tourist-timothy-dalton-photo.jpg

That one's on me. ;)
  • Dalton had respect for the role he would not have rolled over and gone Bond-lite and Liam Neeson still rocks
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Indy isn't Bond. Indy isn't a contemporary character. He's a period piece character, clearly ageing through time.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    now I could see Dalton as M. Absolutely.
  • Dalton could NOT return as Bond.
    Dalton would NEVER be M.
    But like others I do agree he should have had a 3rd film - perhaps in an ideal world he could have come back for Die Another Day?
    Hell, just give me Dalton reading a Bond novel for an audiobook and I'd be happy!
    chrisisall wrote:
    Hell, just give me Dalton reading a Bond novel for an audiobook and I'd be happy!

Even I'd like to hear that. If Toby "course I want to bloody continue" Stephens can then so could Dalton.
    lewisblake wrote:
    perhaps in an ideal world he could have come back for Die Another Day?
    No Bond actor deserved that movie...