Replica Props

edited January 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 74
Sorry if a thread is already online for this but I couldn't see it is it exists!

Just looked on Play.com and some new 1:1 replica props have appeared, SPECTRE ring, Goldeneye weapon.

Jaws teeth and golden gun also make a re-appearance. Anyone know where these have come from as I haven't seen any release of new props?

Comments

interesting? may take a look? but thought they were only limited editions and not mass produced?
    Last February, I was on a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennesee with my church youth group, and during our time there, we got to go walk around Gatlinburg. We had broken up into groups of about 5 or 6, and so my friends and I saw this car museum of famous movie/TV vehicles up ahead. The admission price was only $5 to $7 if I remember, so we decided to take a look. There was the Batmobile from the 1960's Adam West show the Batmobile from Batman Returns, the Andy Griffith police car, the Beach Boys car, and other famous movie cars, which included the BMW Z3 from GoldenEye! I was so excited! Even better, they had a whole section of the museum around the Z3 of nothing but James Bond movie props!!! For a major Bond fan, I was in paradise! They had everything, including Scaramanga's Golden Gun, Oddjob's bowler hat, the re-breather from Thunderball, the dart-watch from Moonraker, a gold bar from the Fort Knox fight in Goldfinger, the explosive charges from GoldenEye, Solitaire's tarot cards from Live and Let Die, the grenade pen from GoldenEye, large display case filled with the many guns that Bond has used over the years, and some posters from the Bond movies, like Moonraker, From Russia with Love, and GoldenEye. It was one of the greatest days of my life!
    The props in question are from a company called factory entertainment who are based in USA.
    They have got a licence to make replica props from EON.
    The props are really neat but very expensive.
    I have a few of them and have ordered the Goldeneye prop due out soon.
    They have a habit of putting back the release date, but well worth it when they arrive.
    They also come with stands and a little brochure on how they are made.
    Limited quantites of the items, so they say.
    I am in the middle of collecting replica props myself.
    And hopefully going to start making basic props soon.

All the best with your collecting
  • Thanks largo2. I had a look on Factory Entertainments website and couldn't see the new props (Goldeneye etc) listed. Wondered if another company might also be making them.

Im hoping to get the golden gun...
    Thanks largo2. I had a look on Factory Entertainments website and couldn't see the new props (Goldeneye etc) listed. Wondered if another company might also be making them.

Im hoping to get the golden gun...
    Tap on play.com they are selling all the props on there. WARNING the courier service will just drop the item and run. Had 2 like this, but they were lucky enough not to be damaged. Props are well worth it, reserved the goldeneye recently, Good luck with the collection

• I have a replica Walther PPK.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 35
    Edit
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,896
    Sweet prop, @Stired007. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a PPK yet. I did, however, purchase a P99 not long ago which I will post pics of when it arrives. It should be fun making a silencer for it.

As far as other projects go, I'm in the process of sorting out what parts I will need to make some working gadgets. I'm specifically interested in making the wristwatch and pen gadgets as well as some other little electronic gizmos ie. TLD key chain, remote mine etc. As I don't have a steel mill, and my 3D printer isn't up and running yet, I have little choice but to find/buy the outer casings in the right shape and scale. I've got some near-accurate Submariners to tinker with, (homages, not replicas- there's a difference), and have been trawling shopping websites for the cheapest parts. I had a look at some of the other Bond forums to see what kind of props their members have made. There's some real quality props out there- some which are screen accurate both visually and in function. One clever guy remade the buzzsaw watch which functions just like in the film (tap the face to activate the saw, instead of the basic on/off button switch. The entire face raises when it spins, too. There's no saw teeth on the bezel, although I've since found it's possible to make. His watch actually tells time- that's impressive when you think about all the parts tetrised into it and it isn't sitting an inch high off the wrist. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can come up with- it's just a matter of waiting for the parts to come in the mail. :!! I'll post some WIP pics once I get the ball rolling ;)
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 35
    Edit
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,896
    Well done. Thanks for the tip :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Here's my BB gun modified a bit...

SANY6132_zps6aee1abf.jpg
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 4,813
    This is new to me-- check it out!

FAC10069.jpg

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FAC10069&mode=retail

I never looked that close at it before-- it looks like they just glued parts to an uzi and spraypainted it white....

243514d1332398669-8-year-old-boy-dies-uzi-uzi.jpg

Maybe I should just make one!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Master_Dahark you never knew the original Moonraker Laser was a modified UZI? I knew that for a long time. :O
  • Murdock wrote:
    @Master_Dahark you never knew the original Moonraker Laser was a modified UZI? I knew that for a long time. :O

Murdock wrote:

Touche'. :p

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Murdock wrote:

Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE me, Princess.

Oh god, the tears!
    =))
    Well they are all new to me lol =))
    Okay boys & girls, if you want an airsoft (or ANY kind of) replica of a Walther PPK, better get it soon:
    http://missionlocal.org/2013/11/the-battle-over-toy-guns/

I see where this one's going. Pretty soon all toy guns will be totally orange & really small so everyone will finally be safe. :P
    It won't make a difference with 3-D printing on the rise as unfortunate as it is.
    By the time it's both affordable & more accurate than I can sculpt, I'll be on to my next life as a budding Bond fan...
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to show my replica Golden Gun & Moonraker Laser. They actually fire pellets/BB's. Check out the video demo where I show them shooting and show how I made them!