Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:
    "Sam - When are you doing the next Bond film?
    Dan - I don't know.
    Sam - Who's making it?
    Dan - I don't know. Do you wanna do it?"

And the rest is history!

This is going to be a great piece of trivia on the 100th anniversary!

Everyone they imagined for the character were cast. Excellent execution of vision.

Please do another, Sam.

And he doesn't rule out making another one :-bd but he needs time, he needs to be rested!
    I honestly think he's on for B24. They've confirmed pre production has begun and Mendes wouldn't make them wait for him to decide. They woudn't start the production without a good idea of a director.
  • He just said he might do another.

Thunderball!

Indeed. And I'm asking "pleaaaasssseee." Like when you ask your mum for more candy, she says maybe, you say that.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Where are the other Bonds???

LALD!!! Best theme!!!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    Where are the other Bonds???

Oh, they're over for a drink watching the premiere. I suppose I should let them head out now?

007 reporting for duty!!
  • Oh, they're over for a drink watching the premiere. I suppose I should let them head out now?

Erm, yes! ;)

But seriously, it's at the end and it looks like no other Bonds, that's a bit of a let down.
  • They play my 2 favourite Bond themes in a row, then they just HAVE to play my least favouite ;).
  • zb007zb007 UK
    Isnt Roger doing a one man show around the UK ???
  • tqbtqb
    did ralph grow hair
    tqb wrote:
    did ralph grow hair

What do you mean, since Voldemort?
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    They play my 2 favourite Bond themes in a row, then they just HAVE to play my least favouite ;).
    The more they play "Another Way to Die", the more I like it. :-O

• Artemis81 wrote:
    They play my 2 favourite Bond themes in a row, then they just HAVE to play my least favouite ;).

Same here.

• edited October 2012 Posts: 299
    I think Mendes will likely do another one, but I seriously doubt it'll be Bond 24. Nowadays these films are much different than when Terrence Young was doing them. They take a lot more time to make, and can be extremely exhausting. I think Mendes wants to be inspired, and I honestly don't blame him. For that however, it may likely take some time.

I think he may consider coming back to helm Craig's last.
  • Just because Sean, George, Roger, Timothy and Pierce aren't there, don't mean anything

All of them are respectful to Daniel Craig and have probably all seen the film anyway by now (I know Sir Roger has).

It's Daniel's night tonight...they are all gentlemen to let him soak it up like he deserves to
    Anthony007 wrote:
    Artemis81 wrote:

Same here.

I can hear it without cringing, the same cannot be said about a certain song sung by a notoriously bad actress.
  • Sandy wrote:
    I can hear it without cringing, the same cannot be said about a certain song sung by a notoriously bad actress.

lol There is absolutely no chance that I'll ever get used to that song.
  • watching skyfall premiere that I stumbled into whilst on Youtube - Craig looks brilliant! He's become everybit Bond!
    Babs took the coat off to meet the royals, I was wondering if she was keeping it on!
    edited October 2012 Posts: 543
    lewisblake wrote:
    watching skyfall premiere that I stumbled into whilst on Youtube - Craig looks brilliant! He's become everybit Bond!
    Couldn't agree more.
  • I think Mendes will likely do another one, but I seriously doubt it'll be Bond 24. Nowadays these films are much different than when Terrence Young was doing them. They take a lot more time to make, and can be extremely exhausting. I think Mendes wants to be inspired, and I honestly don't blame him. For that however, it may likely take some time.

I think he may consider coming back to helm Craig's last.

Seems fairly likely.
  • Artemis81 wrote:
    lewisblake wrote:
    watching skyfall premiere that I stumbled into whilst on Youtube - Craig looks brilliant! He's become everybit Bond!
    Couldn't agree more.

Made me geekily excited that he has two more Bonds to go haha Even if Mendes did sound coy and hinted he maybe stepping down after this film - unless it was just disinformation lol - he said he put alot into this film; everything he would want to put into a Bond film - and hinted he would need a hell of a lot of preproduction if he was to do another Bond film, needing to be 'well rested'.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    zebrafish wrote:
    Lady in red dress?

Edit: Minnie, ah yes! Irina!
    TAKE A HIKE!!

It's over? It was so sudden I first thought it was a problem with my internet connection, then I looked at the screen.
  • says soon to be repeated...I hope so...I missed most of it :P and don't want to rely solely on what will be highlights on sky tonight.
    I really wanted to see the actors shake hands with the royals. Bummer. :(
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Anyone in the UK- The 007 channel is doing a premiere special at half 8 if you missed any of that.
    Just because Sean, George, Roger, Timothy and Pierce aren't there, don't mean anything

All of them are respectful to Daniel Craig and have probably all seen the film anyway by now (I know Sir Roger has).

It's Daniel's night tonight...they are all gentlemen to let him soak it up like he deserves to

Still, 50th anniversary and everything, you would've thought they would've gotten some of the Bonds like they did for DAD. I'm not that bothered, I'm just suprised.
    Artemis81 wrote:
    I really wanted to see the actors shake hands with the royals. Bummer. :(

I think, traditionally, that happens after the showing, so the photos will be around eventually!
  • I recorded the stream and will compile a nice video with additional material coming up in the next hours.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Now, that was a very enjoyable watch indeed. Such a shame it's over. :(
    I recorded the stream and will compile a nice video with additional material coming up in the next hours.

That would be wonderful. Thanks.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Now, that was a very enjoyable watch indeed. Such a shame it's over. :(
    I recorded the stream and will compile a nice video with additional material coming up in the next hours.

That would be wonderful. Thanks.

My pleasure...I´ll post in my Jubilee Project topic once it´s finished