Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

11517192021

Comments

  • Posts: 91
    That sounds great, i couldnt watch t live for some reason , share the link once done ok
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Posts: 858
  • Anyone in the UK- The 007 channel is doing a premiere special at half 8 if you missed any of that.
    Just because Sean, George, Roger, Timothy and Pierce aren't there, don't mean anything

    All of them are respectful to Daniel Craig and have probably all seen the film anyway by now (I know Sir Roger has).

    It's Daniel's night tonight...they are all gentlemen to let him soak it up like he deserves to

    Still, 50th anniversary and everything, you would've thought they would've gotten some of the Bonds like they did for DAD. I'm not that bothered, I'm just suprised.

    It's only Sir Roger though who seems proud of his association with the series. The others seem to just want to forget about, especially a certain Scottish fella
  • I recorded the stream and will compile a nice video with additional material coming up in the next hours.

    how did you record it? what software program thingy did you use?
  • I'm no Roger Moore fan, but he is the best ambassador the series could have
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Posts: 2,044
    MartinBond wrote:

    It's only a replay.

  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Posts: 2,630
    It's replaying! And I have goosebumps coming still!
  • It's only Sir Roger though who seems proud of his association with the series. The others seem to just want to forget about, especially a certain Scottish fella

    haha well Connery had a few altercations with the producers didn't he lol
  • Well that was a fun watch!

    The setting looked beautiful and good that the weather held.
    Everyone on top form I thought.

    Only Kate Silverton let it down - Tom Newton? Although he took it well. Plus she was verging on spoiler blabbing so I ended up muting her...

    Dan looked cool, Berenice stunning. Ben looked like a deer in headlights. Bless.

    Shame it ended as the Royals turned up - would have been nice to see the 'line up'..
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    He definately is. BoT: I want one of those Skyfall Union Jacks! :D
    MrBond wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

    It's only a replay.

    might be "just" a replay for you, but I was stuck in a malfunctioning train when it was live, so bear with me ;)
  • lewisblake wrote:
    I recorded the stream and will compile a nice video with additional material coming up in the next hours.

    how did you record it? what software program thingy did you use?

    I used "Replay Media Catcher" - works well but not without difficulty afterwards. I´m currently converting the huge FLV files but had to record the Replay version as well. It´s always an issue with live stream recording...ending up with sound but no picture or low quality or break-ups. Still, I´m working on it hard :)>-

  • Posts: 11,119
    I think Mendes will likely do another one, but I seriously doubt it'll be Bond 24. Nowadays these films are much different than when Terrence Young was doing them. They take a lot more time to make, and can be extremely exhausting. I think Mendes wants to be inspired, and I honestly don't blame him. For that however, it may likely take some time.

    I think he may consider coming back to helm Craig's last.

    Chris Nolan was inspired three times in a row. I seriously think Barbara and Michael will offer him a substantial amount of money, so he can become the 'Christopher Nolan' of the Bond films. Moreover, I strongly believe the gap between Skyfall and Bond 24 will be three years.
  • Anyone in the UK- The 007 channel is doing a premiere special at half 8 if you missed any of that.
    Just because Sean, George, Roger, Timothy and Pierce aren't there, don't mean anything

    All of them are respectful to Daniel Craig and have probably all seen the film anyway by now (I know Sir Roger has).

    It's Daniel's night tonight...they are all gentlemen to let him soak it up like he deserves to

    Still, 50th anniversary and everything, you would've thought they would've gotten some of the Bonds like they did for DAD. I'm not that bothered, I'm just suprised.

    It's only Sir Roger though who seems proud of his association with the series. The others seem to just want to forget about, especially a certain Scottish fella

    Not sure about that. All of them but Connery did the documentary, Lazenby is always doing Bond events, Dalton, Lazenby and Moore all went to the DAD premiere.

    Moore is the most proud of Bond and has done the most for it but the only one who refuses to do anything is Connery.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Posts: 858
    Like Silva isn't enough or him Craig get's Scaramange as well? ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 940


    edit









  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Posts: 858
    "Daniel, who do you play in the film?"

    - "Octopussy."

    And the man says he can't do humour :))
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Well I'm back.

    Overall great, the atmosphere was superb as you'd expect and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

    A little disappointed in the lack of Bond actors present though. Other than Dan none of the other 5 were there. According to a security guard there were rumours that Brosnan would show up but unfortunately this didn't happen. I'd have thought at least Dalton would attend. Oh well!

    I was also a little disappointed with Dan. He looked great but only stayed in the area for a few seconds. Clearly my frantic waving didn't encourage him.

    However there were plenty of positives. I managed to secure the autographs of Shirly Eaton, Colin Salmon, Mariam D'Arbo, Berenice Marlohe and Caterina Munro.

    ...oh and also good ol' Barbara who signed my Bond Blu Ray set :D
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Posts: 858
    A question: has anyone seen the "M" character poster wich was shown on the screens, with M in her overcoat?
  • Posts: 11,119
    Stunning:
    article-2222027-15A549C1000005DC-256_196x621.jpg
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 940
    Went to soak up the atmosphere at the premiere this evening because I missed out on tickets for it. Had a front row position by the carpet. Great evening meeting the cast. Shame the previous Bond's weren't there but I was aware of that in the morning when a friend sent me the attendance list.

    Got some decent autographs and photos. Got a great group pic signed by DC, Bardem and Berenice. Just need Naomi now because I missed out on her and Judi, but seen Judi many times over the years. Our very own Marketto spotted me in the crowd on the live stream - he messaged me on Facebook!

    I shook DC's hand and he gave eye contact and said "Good to see you here, thanks." Top guy with the fans, he took a photo with my sister too, when she asked for a pic with him he said "Of course sweetheart". I've had pic with him before so didn't get one tonight. DC was laughing a lot at the groups of uni students who were shouting his name from the rooftops/university halls of residents above the street!

    Bardem - The most rushed out of the stars but I still got a good autograph from him and my sister got a pic with him.

    Berenice - I got a pic with her. She looked AMAZING! There were many wandering male eyes when she walked passed! Rightfully so. Stunning lady.

    Caterina Murino - Had another pic with the lovely lady from Casino Royale. She's full of charm and class.

    Ben Whishaw - Shy, gentle and vulnerable appearance but really down-to-earth. He was with his mum on the red carpet. Happy to take pics with us.

    Rory Kinear - Again, extremely down-to-earth and 'nomal'. I asked him if he had seen the film yet and he hadn't yet so was very excited! He was waiting for his wife/partner who joined him seperately in a different car a few minutes later.

    Tom Newman - Was not recognised by many so we called him over and my sister had a pic with him.

    Babs - very lovely and genuine lady with fans as I've found before.

    Ola - He didn't sign/stop for the fans - moved fater down the carpet than on his bike in Skyfall. He was the only one smoking on the red carpet!

    Sam Mendes - I told him that we want him back for the next film! He laughed and said "bless your heart! We'll have to see..."

    Bring on Friday when I'll be seeing the film!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Stunning:
    article-2222027-15A549C1000005DC-256_196x621.jpg

    I got her autograph and felt entirely satisfied :p

    @slyfox. So jealous of you for talking to Dan but oh well.
  • Posts: 11,119
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Stunning:
    article-2222027-15A549C1000005DC-256_196x621.jpg

    I got her autograph and felt entirely satisfied :p

    article-2222027-15A54933000005DC-596_196x621.jpg

    It's certainly a souvenir.....from that jealous woman Shirley :-P.
  • I think Mendes will likely do another one, but I seriously doubt it'll be Bond 24. Nowadays these films are much different than when Terrence Young was doing them. They take a lot more time to make, and can be extremely exhausting. I think Mendes wants to be inspired, and I honestly don't blame him. For that however, it may likely take some time.

    I think he may consider coming back to helm Craig's last.

    Chris Nolan was inspired three times in a row. I seriously think Barbara and Michael will offer him a substantial amount of money, so he can become the 'Christopher Nolan' of the Bond films. Moreover, I strongly believe the gap between Skyfall and Bond 24 will be three years.

    I understand what you're saying. However, it's a little different in Nolan's case with Batman because he was essentially the auteur. He took his time in writing the scripts and developing everything. In Mendes's case, I understand his resistance, because he essentially is coming from a different place.

    It's possible that as you say, Eon may offer him much more money, and the release may get pushed after another three years. However, we must remember that Eon alone do not have absolute control over the release pattern. Sony has a say as well in this case, and they seem to want to do the opposite.
  • Very Jelly slyfox. Hopefully I get to do all this at the Skyfall premiere in my country. Now we need those pics!
    slyfox wrote:
    Went to soak up the atmosphere at the premiere this evening because I missed out on tickets for it. Had a front row position by the carpet. Great evening meeting the cast. Shame the previous Bond's weren't there but I was aware of that in the morning when a friend sent me the attendance list.

    Got some decent autographs and photos. Got a great group pic signed by DC, Bardem and Berenice. Just need Naomi now because I missed out on her and Judi, but seen Judi many times over the years. Our very own Marketto spotted me in the crowd on the live stream - he messaged me on Facebook!

    I shook DC's hand and he gave eye contact and said "Good to see you here, thanks." Top guy with the fans, he took a photo with my sister too, when she asked for a pic with him he said "Of course sweetheart". I've had pic with him before so didn't get one tonight. DC was laughing a lot at the groups of uni students who were shouting his name from the rooftops/university halls of residents above the street!

    Bardem - The most rushed out of the stars but I still got a good autograph from him and my sister got a pic with him.

    Berenice - I got a pic with her. She looked AMAZING! There were many wandering male eyes when she walked passed! Rightfully so. Stunning lady.

    Caterina Murino - Had another pic with the lovely lady from Casino Royale. She's ull of charm and class.

    Ben Whishaw - really down-to-earth guy. Shy, gentle and vulnerable appearance but really down-to-earth. He was with his mum on the red carpet. Happy to take pics with us.

    Rory Kinear - Again, extremely down-to-earth and 'nomal'. I asked him if he had seen the film yet and he hadn't yet so was very excited! He was waiting for his wife/partner who joined him seperately in a different car a few minutes later.

    Tom Newman - Was not recognised by many so we called him over and my sister had a pic with him.

    Babs - very lovely and genuine lady with fans as I've found before.

    Ola - He didn't sign/stop for the fans - and he was the only one smoking on the red carpet!

    Sam Mendes - I told him that we want him back for the next film! He laughed and said "bless your heart! We'll have to see..."

    Bring on Friday when I'll be seeing the film!

  • Can I ask, did people find it better to meet/greet/get autographs towards the start of the fan barricades or at the end towards the theatre door?
  • Really great to see Sir Christopher Lee looking so well at the premiere. I was in tears when he picked up his BAFTA fellowship and looked so frail.

    Loved the evening watching this. Very jealous of those who were there in person. It shows the status of Bond when even the producers are shouted at for autographs. I can't imagine many films where that would happen except for maybe something from George Lucas and Steven Spielburg
  • Posts: 11,119
    I think Mendes will likely do another one, but I seriously doubt it'll be Bond 24. Nowadays these films are much different than when Terrence Young was doing them. They take a lot more time to make, and can be extremely exhausting. I think Mendes wants to be inspired, and I honestly don't blame him. For that however, it may likely take some time.

    I think he may consider coming back to helm Craig's last.

    Chris Nolan was inspired three times in a row. I seriously think Barbara and Michael will offer him a substantial amount of money, so he can become the 'Christopher Nolan' of the Bond films. Moreover, I strongly believe the gap between Skyfall and Bond 24 will be three years.

    I understand what you're saying. However, it's a little different in Nolan's case with Batman because he was essentially the auteur. He took his time in writing the scripts and developing everything. In Mendes's case, I understand his resistance, because he essentially is coming from a different place.

    It's possible that as you say, Eon may offer him much more money, and the release may get pushed after another three years. However, we must remember that Eon alone do not have absolute control over the release pattern. Sony has a say as well in this case, and they seem to want to do the opposite.

    I already think the creative freedom the Bond producers are giving the cast and crew is working inspiring. I was listening to the interviews on the red carpet premiere tonight, and what caught me was how much opportunities the cast and crew had to bring their own ideas on board:

    - Daniel Craig was actually the first person thinking of Sam Mendes directing Bond, not Barbara and Michael.
    - According to Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, John Logan actually created the entire 'homo-erotic' scene between Bond and Silva.
    - Sam Mendes really wanted to have Thomas Newman on board, not necessarily Barbara and Michael.
    - It was Neal Purvis and Robert Wade's idea to actually ask Ralph Fiennes to come on board.
    - Sam Mendes suggested to bring Helen McGrory on board as member of parliament Ms. Dowar.
    - Sam Mendes gave Daniel Craig opportunity to experiment with humoristic lines.

    This kind of working environment, in which 'creative cross-pollination' is the driving force, is very inspiring if you ask me. For 'Skyfall' all cast and crewmembers must have greatly inspired each other.

    And I can't believe Sam Mendes will not want to re-create this incredible satisfying working environment again. Moreover, this entire crew has now really cemented his name as 'action blockbuster director' and an important competitor of Christopher Nolan himself.

    Barbara and Michael will not let Mendes go.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Posts: 4,012
    Rachel was at the premiere afterall, she just didn't walk the carpet. Gorgeous dress! (the greatest Bond girl that never was).
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,630
    Yep, Rachel was there!

    skyfall3-x-large.jpg
    article-2222088-15A58CC9000005DC-986_634x843.jpg
  • Posts: 12,511
    Yep, Rachel was there!

    skyfall3-x-large.jpg
    article-2222088-15A58CC9000005DC-986_634x843.jpg

    Nice pic of Daniel and Rachel!
Sign In or Register to comment.