Barbara Broccoli's EX-BF talks about Bond and more

DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
edited October 2012 in News Posts: 260
Hey guys, I found an interesting article written by Barbara Broccoli's ex-boyfriend of 4 years ,"James Martin". There are some really interesting facts I never knew about before reading this. The article is a few years old but I haven't seen it mentioned on the forums at all. Please read, very interesting article.

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1068195/Why-did-I-split-Barbara-Broccoli-She-tried-buy-180-000-Aston-Martin-TV-chef-James-Martin.html

Comments

Hey guys, I found an interesting article written by Barbara Broccoli's ex-boyfriend of 4 years ,"James Martin". There are some really interesting facts I never knew about before reading this. The article is a few years old but I haven't seen it mentioned on the forums at all. Please read, very interesting article.

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1068195/Why-did-I-split-Barbara-Broccoli-She-tried-buy-180-000-Aston-Martin-TV-chef-James-Martin.html

Kinda tragic. Barbara is really a nice gal. Men just feel....uncomfortable with her wealth.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    A sad tale indeed. It reaffirms you can have as much money as the world allows but it's how you spend it that matters. £180,000 on a car, just like that, is a bit much. If you loved someone wouldn't you do as told, and leave it? I'd like to think I would.
    Fascinating story. It was indeed posted, but that was on the old forums, back in the days.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 83
    Is the man mad??

Babs if you're reading I'd love a DBS ;). I'd even get a licence as well LOL
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    If Barbara is intrested I'd happily take the car of her hands :)
    you can have the car I want her what an attractive woman!
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Barbara seems like a really kind woman, I wish I could meet her and treat her for dinner.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I remember reading this article when it was first published and thinking it's a shame someone as talented and successful as James Martin needed to lower himself to what is basically a 'kiss and tell' piece of gutter press trash, while I'm always fascinated by the work and methods of the EON producers I still believe they have a right to privacy regarding their personal lives.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Barbara is a sexy kind hearted woman
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    She's too old for me. I'm 30 she's 50 odd.

But that car....
    saunders wrote:
    I remember reading this article when it was first published and thinking it's a shame someone as talented and successful as James Martin needed to lower himself to what is basically a 'kiss and tell' piece of gutter press trash, while I'm always fascinated by the work and methods of the EON producers I still believe they have a right to privacy regarding their personal lives.

Absolutely. She deserves better.

• Barb, unless you're still married, my two children and I are available to be spoiled rotten ;) :D
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Her hubby is a chap called Fred Zollo he's an interesting fellow I looked him up at IMDB.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,119
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Her hubby is a chap called Fred Zollo he's an interesting fellow I looked him up at IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0957712/ Yup, you are right :-). This is him, accepting a Tony Award. I think that's Babs next to him no?
    once8a.jpg

Anyway, I fully agree with Saunders. Barbara deserves a private life too. Pictures are not that bad I think, but writing a entire epistle about your life with Barbara is 'not done' IMO.
    It might be a gross invasion of her privacy but Barbara really comes off as a generous, wonderful person.
  • Germanlady wrote:
    saunders wrote:

Absolutely. She deserves better.

Agreed completely. Quite a sad "pay attention to me because of someone I knew!" situation, which is even worse than "pay attention to me because I think I'm awesome!".

The funny thing is, with her looks (how many 50 year old women do you know in the real world who are as attractive as her?) and her personality she's quite a catch - the Bond connection or the wealth do nothing to make her more attractive to me. I know when people are making jokes about "Hey, Barbara, I'll take the car!" it is just a joke (one hopes!) but I will share something I've learned over the years. I've dated women who are incredibly well off (and I do mean *incredibly*) and I've dated women who, by their late 30s, have never made more than poverty wages (oh, those starving artists!). The things is, 95% of the time the things we do together are always the same. Having a nice candlelit dinner at home, cuddling on the couch watching a movie, going out for walks or having picnics in the park...regardless of income that stuff is all the same. Really, the only difference would be how nice of a restaurant we go to or where we go on vacation (which would only be for 2 weeks out of the year anyway). Everything else - the clothes we wear when we're doing these things, the car we drive to get there, how big the TV is that we're watching - is simply the accumulation of "stuff". That won't make a relationship work on not work. It's the same as me wearing a $3,000 Tom Ford suit that DC wears - the suit won't make me as attractive to a women as DC, my personality, intelligence, and morals will (or will not).

So based on what I've read about Barbara Broccoli over the years she could be working as a receptionist somewhere and I'll still date her. Meanwhile, you could have someone like Kim Kardashian be heir to EON and lavish expensive gifts on her boyfriends and I'd never go near her...
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    The reason you won't find a older thread on this is because the article predates this site. There was a thread on this on the old forum when it was, in fact, news.

Can I ask that we don't just dredge up old articles and post them in the news section? This is the second time you've done this @DRESSED_TO_KILL