Biggest laugh out loud moments in a Bond movie?

Comments

I always laugh at Zorin's mini laugh when he see's Bond's profile on his computer, it's a brilliant reaction!

I also laugh when the Chinese henchman at the start of DAF says "C..C..Cairo!" simply because of how badly dubbed it is!
  • TPM007 wrote:
    I always laugh at Zorin's mini laugh when he see's Bond's profile on his computer, it's a brilliant reaction!
    It's almost as if he can't contain himself: 'This guy? Dangerous?? LOL!!!' :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Kara: James we're freeee!

Bond: Kara, where in a Russian military base in the middle if Afghanistan.

Bond: excuse me, you did say your time is correct?

Russian visa guy: Russian clocks are always....*explosion*

Bond: perhaps you can call one for me. It looks terribly difficult

*Bond shoots clay pigeon with ease*

Bond: no it isn't is it.

And that scene in DAD where Bond brings the wheel chair to that south african's room and knocks him out.

South African: what the he'll do you want? I don't need a bloody wheel chair.

Bond: oh yeah?

*Bond punches him and knocks him out*

Bond: now you do
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    Bond and Anya in Jaws' telecom van:

*Jaws jumps on the hood, starts ripping the roof off, causing Anya to panic and mess with the keys*
    Bond: Try the big one...

*Anya, finally having started the van, now has trouble with the gearbox*
    Bond: can you play any other tune?

*Anya, still not driving*
    Bond: Try reverse, that's backwards.

Roger Moore, I bow to you.
  • That whole sequence with Anya in the van is very funny. Also just before that:
    "Egyptian builders"
    Moore had to mime the line on set as there was an Egyptian official on set making sure there was nothing detrimental to Egypts image. This makes it even funnier to me because Rog and Lewis slipped it in on the sly
    DAF. As long as the collars and cuffs match? =))
    Klebb trying to kill Bond with her poisoned-tip shoe knife.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The wheelchair scene in DAD is great, and Brosnan just nods with a 'Buenos dias.' to the beautiful woman who couldn't care less about what just went down.

I always laugh a few minutes after this, too, when he sends the man in the wheelchair down the hall, and he hops through the hospital room and just grabs a grape.
    "He's logged into the secure network with your name and password.
    How does he know these things?!
    I'm trying to find out..."

"No more foreplay..."

Q pretending to be a car rental agent in TND
  • I have an itchy bum - gets me every time lol
  • "Ow." - Daniel Craig in CR.
    That friendly slap to the cheek Craig gives to Dimitrios after he's just killed him at the body works exhibition.

The slap Grant gives Bond on the Orient express with Bond on his knees.

Dr. Kauffman's comment about shooting Bond from "Stuttgart and ztill creating zee proper eefekt yah".
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    doubleoego wrote:
    Dr. Kauffman's comment about shooting Bond from "Stuttgart and ztill creating zee proper eefekt yah".

Dude, there's nothing at all funny in that scene. [-X

Quantum of Solace

Greene "Please, Mr. Bond, my friends call me Dominic."

Bond "- I'm sure they do."

Not quite laugh out loud, but witty. I liked it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

AHHHHHHHHH SHTAMPAH!!! Stop getting in my ear Ja!?!
    chrisisall wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

It's funny to me. Here we have this killer who has Bond in his mercy and they're both debating with each other about the realistic effect surrounding the circumstances of Bond's death and the slight frustration in Kauffman's voice at Bond doubting him only adds to the awesomeness of the scene.
  • I always lol in TMWTGG when Bond is in the hotel and the room service guy asks:
    "I open champagne?"
    "No it's a surprise."
    "OOOOH a surprise hehehehe!"

The guy's laugh cracks me up.
    I always found Brozza's "very novel" line in TND quite funny.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I always crack up in DAF when Bond get's out of the pipe.

Bond: "Thank you very much, I was just out walking my rat and I seemed to have lost my way."
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Murdock wrote:
    I always crack up in DAF when Bond get's out of the pipe.

Bond: "Thank you very much, I was just out walking my rat and I seemed to have lost my way."

I rewatched a bit of DAF the other day. While it's pretty naff overall (despite some good lines) I did laugh at Charles Grey's reaction to Bond flipping the tape out of the player:

"Put it back Mr Bond...Immediately"

(P.s. How can you take the "Five minutes...and COUNTING" voice seriously after Austin Powers :)) )

The clampers getting drenched in the TWINE PTS always makes me smile too. I still remember the audience in the cinema cheered and clapped at that in 1999.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    doubleoego wrote:
    It's funny to me.
    Okay, seriously, I see why that would make most people laugh, but I take that scene SO seriously that it's just a bizarre nightmare. When Bond kisses Paris goodbye it almost makes me cry.
    I don't know what to say; I feel like an idiot...

;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    doubleoego wrote:
    That friendly slap to the cheek Craig gives to Dimitrios after he's just killed him at the body works exhibition.

The slap Grant gives Bond on the Orient express with Bond on his knees.

:))
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    "NO NO NO! TO THE RIGHT, TO THE RIGHT"!
  • This sounds like a duplicate thread from something quite recent but in any event..

Moments off the top of one's head..

#1 Sean Connery in Doctor No and the obliteration of a poor defenseless spider

#2 Said Connery doing 'funny faces' in his cell during Goldfinger captivity

#3 Connery (again) response to Jill St John in Diamonds when she explains how she got her name

#4 Any time Wint and Kidd are present in the above movie

#5 The blow up of Yaphet Kotto at the end of Live and Let Die, it was so bad it was good

#6 Doctor Kaufman in the Hamburg motel. "I haz a cleer shot at zor hed Meester Bond, go over to ze bed and liez down nez to Meeses Carfer Ya ?"

#7 When Bond arrives for Dinner with Magda and Khan in Octopussy and Gobinda is showing the way down the stairs, there's this kid just to edge of screen (one of the Monsoon Palace servants doubtless), and he appears to be terribly nervous and even shaking. Just something that I notice during a viewing, quite humorous even

#8 When Dalton and d'Abo are in Afghanistan and flying the cargo 'plane, he leaves Milovy at the controls and fights Necros. After the battle, and seemingly out of nowhere, a great cliff is just seconds away. "What happened" - "He got the Boot" - (great cliff appears) "Arrrrrgh". It's like how did she not see that, have a watch again sometime and see for yourselves

#9 When Moore escapes the Khan Jungle Hunt and gets aboard a boat with tourists, this woman says - "Are you with our group" and Moore says - "No mam, I'm with the Economy Tour !". That is actually damn funny

#10 When Brosnan is fighting with Renard on the nuclear submarine and Richards is trapped underwater and can't get out, Brosnan pulls all manner of strange faces

That Thai boy in TMWTGG trying to flog some goods to tourists and Bond's response after the kid makes his boat go faster.
    doubleoego wrote:
    That Thai boy in TMWTGG trying to flog some goods to tourists and Bond's response after the kid makes his boat go faster.

Hard to believe that man now works for UNICEF [-(
    I saw an interview with Roger recently where he said every time he watches that scene, he's mortified. Personally, I thought it was a great scene. Cold but definitely funny.
    " I don't suppose you fancy a night cap" and "So far I can't complain about the valet service" from OP.
  • "It's a bit of a minefield out there."

"I'll always be a jinx to you."

"I'm Mr Kill." "Now there's a name to die for."

"Now there's a mouthful."

"Leave it in." "It has to come out sometime" etc

Absolutely hilarious.
  • Also, the GIGANTIC map in the briefing room in Thunderball with the elaborate reveal that gets used for about 4 secs. Can't help but laugh