What will future Bond films be called?

Comments

• cwl007cwl007 England
    I actually think The Hildebrand Rarity sounds good once you get used to it.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Devil May Care is a brilliant title, EON could just use the title and character names and jetison the plot.
  • Any of Raymond Benson's titles.
    Just swap Union for Quantum.

Never Dream of Dying and High Time to Kill are my preferred ones.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    If it hadn't already been used to death as a computer game and documentary ' Everything or Nothing' sounds great as a title.
  • if you used property of a lady wouldnt you be remaking octopussy?
    if you used property of a lady wouldnt you be remaking octopussy?

It's ridiculous to think using a certain title would make you create a certain movie.
  • risicio definately also colonel sun and my own addage a good day to die
  • i didnt say that my friend
  • all i ment was its part of the fleming novel
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Um, there's an "edit" button you can use to add more to an already posted post. We generally don't like double posts here.
  • cwl007 wrote:
    Devil May Care is a brilliant title, EON could just use the title and character names and jetison the plot.

agreed!!!
  • As long as it doesn't have die or kill in the title I don't mind. Die and kill have been done to death! Wait a minute! How about ... 'Done to death' ?
  • cwl007 wrote:
    I actually think The Hildebrand Rarity sounds good once you get used to it.

I don't think it sounds good by modern standards - though having said that I could imagine a harry Palmer film being called that - or a Bourne book.
  • As long as it doesn't have die or kill in the title I don't mind. Die and kill have been done to death!

Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill, Tomorrow Never Dies, and Die Another Day. 4 films out of 23 is "done to death?"
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    You Only Live Twice (implies death), Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill, License to Kill, Tomorrow Never Dies, Die Another Day. You missed 2. Plus, add in some of the book titles: Nobody Lives Forever (implies death), Win Lose or Die, Death is Forever, The Facts of Death, High Time to Kill, Never Dream of Dying, Double or Die.
  • I think that all of the remaining Fleming titles are good, although some are better than others. I quite like Risico and Property of a Lady (I know several women would would love it if the marketing for the film went "Daniel Craig is...The Property of a Lady"). I have no problem with the Hildebrand Rarity but I may just be used to it.

I always thought that the post-Fleming book titles were terrible - they sound like something that I would have thought was cool when I was 12. Too cheesy, until Devil May Care and Carte Blanche came up. Both of them sound vaguely Flemingesque to me. Especially DMC - it sounds light and fun, but on second thought can have a sinister interpretation as well.

One thing that I don't agree with is using Fleming chapter titles. Most of them are quite cheesy and overdone; to me they sound more like bad detective novel titles than titles of Bond films...but a lot of them were chosen by the editors, not Fleming himself IIRC.
  • Property of a Lady sounds too "50 shades of grey" for me :/
  • surely we are all agreed that 'property of a lady would NOT be a good Bond movie title lol
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    lewisblake wrote:
    surely we are all agreed that 'property of a lady would NOT be a good Bond movie title lol

Am... No. Yes, It would be a nice title.
  • seriously I respect everyone is entitled to their opinions....but I personally don't think Property of a Lady would look good next to past Bond film titles. I don't know exactly why. It just sounds more like the title for an episode of Miss Marple, Jonathan Creek or Poirot rather than the name of a big blockbuster Bond movie. Bloodstone, Shatterhand, Devil May Care sound better. Carte Blanche even has a ring to it. Plus Risico sounds like an enigmatic title for a Christopher Nolan directed Bond film much in the vein of Inception perhaps.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The Silver Phantom is the strongest of the chapter titles from Fleming's books I believe. That would make a good film title. Maybe Bond 25? Silver and Silver!
    I will say, hearing the trailer voice say "Property of a Lady" would sound stranger than f*ck to me, but, then again, I'd have probably felt the same way had I been around 50 years ago for Dr. No.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    The Silver Phantom is the strongest of the chapter titles from Fleming's books I believe. That would make a good film title. Maybe Bond 25? Silver and Silver!

Was thinking of silver related titles!

Shame Craig's already starred in it in un-related Bond material but think "Archangel" would have been a good title, could have been a password/weapons system
    I like the Silver Phantom Risico and the Hildebrand rarity the most right now.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    What you think of 'Apologize' ?
  • I still feel Risico sounds find on it's own. - the problem is making the title make sense within the context of the film. Will a character in one key confrontation with Bond use it as a code word or something or mispronounce risk on purpose? Risico meaning Risk in Dutch as well of course.

Plus I fell in love with the way some mocked up prospective fan-posters looked when i googled it;

3194902440_9ec7af05c7_o.jpg
    jbattersby_risico.jpg
    risico___bond_23_poster_classi_by_violinmerchant-d35ofth.jpg
    http://jamesbonderies.free.fr/index.php/07/risico/

plus on a simple aesthetic level Risico fits with that interlocking 007 logo thing that is going on in Craig's era lol
    Indeed I too love the way Risico looks on a poster and is my Favorite of the unused fleming titles. Has anyone made a mockup of the Silver Phantom before?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Bond 24 will be called Bond-24 and will see Bond team up with Jack Bauer (in a sort of Felix Leiter capacity)...I will bet money on it! :-)
    The Property of a Lady and Risico are two good and still-unused Bond titles (The Hildebrand Rarity and OO7 in New York not so much!).

Fleming's working titles Death Leaves An Echo, The Undertaker's Wind and The Inhuman Element are all good too.

Some of Fleming's chapter titles are worth a punt as well, e.g. The Moguls of Death, The Wizard of Ice, etc.

And then there's Shamelady.
    I think naming a movie after Bloodstone is too cliche. I'm not crazy about that name, it's just too obvious.

I like not knowing what the title means. That sounds strange. In Skyfall, it could mean any number of things. It's ambiguous, because the Sky (probably) isn't falling. On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a great title, considering Bond almost quits his job. From Russia With Love and Thunderball are great titles too, because you have no idea what they're about until you see the movies.

Weaker titles are too obvious. The Man With The Golden Gun is clearly about a man with a gold gun. Licence to Kill (as much as I love the movie) is an awful name. It feels like an 80s cop show - and who didn't already know that Bond had a license to kill.

Tomorrow Never Dies and Die Another Day are just awful too. They both contradict the plots. Tomorrow (the newspaper) does die along with Carver. As for Die Another Day - that takes out a lot of the danger from the movie. Sure Bond might get captured, but we know he'll be okay - it says so in the title!

Bloodstone is clearly about conflict diamonds, and I feel like that's just too cliche for Bond movies.