What will future Bond films be called?

edited October 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 188
What will be the titles of the next/future Bond films e.g. Bond 24,25 etc

Titles have often come initially from the titles of Fleming's works, tenuously lifted from Fleming's life, adapted from some of the concepts used in some of Fleming's works - or will the future Bond films start to take more and more inspiration from the posthumous Fleming works, written by other writers but under the Bond banner? Or will the scriptwriters take only very tenuous inspiration from Fleming's novels and create something seemingly original as they have with Skyfall?

So offer up some speculative and prospective titles - and explain why you've come up with these titles, or even what the Bond movie of that name would be like content-wise.

So I will start with a few;
Risico - Loosely taking some of the elements of the short story.
Devil May Care - Taking only the title and maybe the idea of Scarlett Papava and some structural elements - I maybe would try and mix this with maybe the concepts presented by Licence Renewed - have Murik as a bad guy.
Mad Dogs - Just in name - ironically taken from Noel Coward's ditty Mad Dogs and Englishmen?
Blood Stone - Taken from the game of the same name

???

Comments

• I thought it was going to be Wave-Link! 8-}

But seriously, Property of a Lady & Risico have to be used pretty soon
    Whilst DC is Bond? Hopefully he will use atleast one more Fleming title? If not two? Which i would love!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I vote for "You Only Die Twice, Tomorrow".
  • RC7RC7
    I thought it was going to be Wave-Link! 8-}

But seriously, Property of a Lady & Risico have to be used pretty soon

Personally I've never felt that 'Property of a Lady' would ever be used. Aside from the fact it's referenced in Octopussy (albeit minimal) I think it's a tad wet as Bond title. I can't imagine people getting excited about it. Risico on the other hand is a belter.

Other than that, I feel like we'll get either original titles, or something spun out of a Fleming passage or a chapter title like... Blood and Thunder, Zero Minus, Dead Reckoning, Gambit of Shame, Hell's Delight, Death Collector, The Eye that never sleeps etc.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Shatterhand.
  • Risico. Shatterhand could be cool, maybe name the villian after it.
  • i always like "For Special Services", "Colonel Sun" and "No deals Mr Bond" (can't explain why) from the non-Fleming canon..

Death Collector is good too..
  • I am one of a few who like the idea of using The Hildebrand Rarity. its a shame the main villain of the novels name was used in LTK Milton Krest. Milton Krest could still be the name of the main villain but I highly doubt producers would except it now.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,441
    MBalje wrote:
    Bond 24:

007 in New York
    Never Send Flowers
    Eyes Set To Kill
    Risico
    Master Of Mystery aka Mom. (Title of spinoff idea about Judi Dench M, Also inspyred by the mean of Property Of Lady)

Titles i have liked to see for Bond 23:

Property Of Lady
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Earlier title sugestions:

Shaken Not Stirred
    Never Let Them See You Bleed

For Bond 25:

Never Send Flowers
    The Hildebrand Rarity

Mabey there should consider Tomorrow Never Lies. This time Tomorrow isn't a paper but how we going to life and act (a bit like what i also mean with Eyes Set To Kill) tomorrow (means Today!) in the legacy of historie.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The Property Of A Lady, The Hildebrand Rarity or Risico sound great to me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Property of A Lady sounds the best to me, but Risico has a great mystery and ring to it.
  • M_Balje wrote:
    Mabey there should consider Tomorrow Never Lies. This time Tomorrow isn't a paper but how we going to life and act (a bit like what i also mean with Eyes Set To Kill) tomorrow (means Today!) in the legacy of historie.
    I feel like that would only confuse the hell out of people. And besides, 'Tomorrow Never Dies' was famous for being the first movie title to not be taken from Fleming in any shape or form.

I do like the sound of ShatterHand, now that someone mentioned it!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That would really confuse people. Is the world ready for a YOLT/DAD or LALD/TND mashup? /:)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The Property of A Lady sounds the best to me, but Risico has a great mystery and ring to it.

Risico would make for a great follow up to Skyfall. Both one words titles, like another actor's third and fourth films.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    A Fleming title? Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang!

Do we really have to start a thread again on what the next one should be called (the last one was already pointless)? SF has not even started yet and in the end EON will invent a new title anyway.
  • zebrafish wrote:
    A Fleming title? Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang!

Do we really have to start a thread again on what the next one should be called (the last one was already pointless)? SF has not even started yet and in the end EON will invent a new title anyway.
    +1, though Risico following SF sounds good. EON doesn't have the luxury of starting from Fleming's novels or major short stories as in Cubby's day, and they've never officially used any of the post-Fleming novels. They'll have someone write a story, then decide its title just before shooting begins--just like SF.
    anything with Blofeld in the title!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I have my vote in for Property Of A Lady.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

That would really confuse people. Is the world ready for a YOLT/DAD or LALD/TND mashup? /:)

It was a joke from Saturday Night Live.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    The Hildebrand Rarity

To be honest, I think that sounds terrible and like QOS, it would be used just for the sake of it because it's a Fleming title.

I think Risico is the best.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The Hildebrand Rarity

To be honest, I think that sounds terrible and like QOS, it would be used just for the sake of it because it's a Fleming title.

I think Risico is the best.

I don't know why but I pictured it as maybe a genetic mutation the villain could have. Like the 'Hildebrand disorder' and it's rare, and because it caused the villains angst, the film is called 'The Hildebrand Rarity'.

Dunno but that's the first scenario I though of.

It does mean 'battle sword' as a Germanic word, so it could be a weapon.
  • They could come up with a cool excuse in the film, but it doesn't really roll of the tongue and it doesn't sound great.

I think it'd b just using a Fleming title for the sake of it.
  • tbh I think The Hildrebrand Rarity doesn't sound like a great title for a Bond film. Risico sounds brilliant - and I've seen how great it looks when a few fans have mocked it up on a mock poster. But there are of course issues with the title - e.g. isn't the title based on the way a character (Kristatos?) pronounces 'risk'? Would they have to change Risoco to being an island or place? Or maybe a codename?
    They could come up with a cool excuse in the film, but it doesn't really roll of the tongue and it doesn't sound great.

'Thunderball'
    'Live and Let Die'
    'For Your Eyes Only'
    'A View to A Kill'

They all used the titles for the sake of it, and all the rest usually just ended up being a person's name. I don't see an issue.
  • RC7RC7
    They could come up with a cool excuse in the film, but it doesn't really roll of the tongue and it doesn't sound great.

Much like QoS.
  • There's been no issue with using a book/fleming story title in the past, either for the sake of it or not - part of me posting this thread however is the obvious issue that fleming titles have all but few been used - so how do we progress.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 299
    To be honest, I think the titles of The Hildebrand Rarity, Risico and Property of a Lady are perhaps the least dynamic of Fleming's entire cannon, which is perhaps no suprise why they have yet to be used, though I am not saying that they won't be.

On a side (but somewhat similar) note, do any of you remember reading around 1996 that the title of the film that eventually became TND, was originally called Avatar? I read that in a newspaper at the time, and didn't know what to make of it. Obviously, it's humorous with the benefit of hindsight, but at the time I thought it might perhaps be the name of the villain.
  • RC7 wrote:

Much like QoS.

Exactly. I think just because it's a Fleming title, it doesn't make it good. I think almost all the non Fleming titles are better than QOS.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

'Thunderball'
    'Live and Let Die'
    'For Your Eyes Only'
    'A View to A Kill'

They all used the titles for the sake of it, and all the rest usually just ended up being a person's name. I don't see an issue.

The difference is, those sound good, unlike the Hildebrand Rarity and QOS.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

'Thunderball'
    'Live and Let Die'
    'For Your Eyes Only'
    'A View to A Kill'

Not at all. For Your Eyes only is actually stamped on espionage files, and Thunderball was the name of the operation in THUNDERBALL. :-B
    I don't think Quantum of Solace sounds bad. The Hildebrand Rarity, on the other hand, sounds bad.

Risico and Property of A Lady are givens. My suggestion is a bit odd, but it's the best I've got so far.

Garde Bien.
    (French for Look Well)

This is the family motto for the Montgomery Clan, from the family crest. The plot could involve some old WWII documents that fell into the wrong hands, and are still valid (modern day). Obviously, Montgomery would have had his hands on these plans during the war. Once retrieved, the plot could start with an attempt to attack MI6, or even British Parliament (although that wouldn't be as cool).

Interestingly, the Montgomery clan has a woman holding in her hand, a man's head (decapitated). Perhaps the theme could be based off the Garde Bien name, but called Property of A Lady. Maybe the villain is female.

The other advantage to the french name, is Garde sounds fairly similar to Guard. So Bond could be defending England. (Although we're seeing that in Skyfall.)

It's not the greatest name, but I think it's pretty entertaining to think about possible names.