Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I got a reply back from Tony .
    Hi Tony @MusicEditorcouk, that Muse song Supremacy does seem to have very #Bond theme like elements to it, did they audition for #Skyfall?

@Skyfall007Fan @benfilms going to have to keep you guessing. Listen again to ifly. Answers on a postcard.

He's always so cryptic.
  • Volante wrote:
    Is there a way people outside of the UK can listen to it?

No, it said for uk only on the site
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Sandy wrote:
    I got a reply back from Tony .
    Hi Tony @MusicEditorcouk, that Muse song Supremacy does seem to have very #Bond theme like elements to it, did they audition for #Skyfall?

@Skyfall007Fan @benfilms going to have to keep you guessing. Listen again to ifly. Answers on a postcard.

He's always so cryptic.

He has said to listen on ifly. thats a website. Hmmm. is it on their. ???
    http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=ot_en
    Volante wrote:

I'm in Germany and got redirected to another website.
    He said listen to ifly. thats a website. Does he mean the tune is on their. http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=ot_en

He didnt directly respond to me like i though. But someone else asked on twitter and they got that reply.
    Volante wrote:

Yes, I know that, which is why I'm asking if there is a way to listen to it, ie. get around the regional restrictions, if it has been released anywhere else, etc. Looked on youtube, nothing there like what the Guardian are offering.
  • Volante wrote:

Seems swedes can too: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/rockbjornen/article15498229.ab
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Yes, I know that, which is why I'm asking if there is a way to listen to it, ie. get around the regional restrictions, if it has been released anywhere else, etc. Looked on youtube, nothing there like what the Guardian are offering.

Try the one I used http://www.myvideo.de/Themen/Muse
  • The ifly website is sponsered by KLM. The airline that played the supposed soundtrack theme...

... interesting!
  • Again, the evidence:

1. Album released close to the movies opening
    2. The first song on the album sounds like a Bond-song
    3. The band and Bond himself together on SNL

SNL would be great promotion.

Supremacy by Muse it is?
    He said listen to ifly. thats a website. Does he mean the tune is on their. http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=ot_en

He didnt directly respond to me like i though. But someone else asked on twitter and they got that reply.

It's the magazine that has the Coke commercial. Might be my impression but it sounds slightly different to me.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 774
    Sandy wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Try the one I used http://www.myvideo.de/Themen/Muse

Doesn't work either, but I saw a great ad starring David Hasselhoff.
  • Ok kids... I don't want to get ridiculous....don't take me too serious now and it's probably bull...
    but since he said "ifly" and "postcard" ... I was looking for a clue on one of the pictures of the website ..just for fun mind you.
    All I am saying is that page 7 features a MUSEum.... ;-)
  • I listened to the sound on the website from ifly, coke. It sounds nothing like the muse one. I dont like the one of Coke site, it doesnt sound like bond to me.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Surely if Muse aren't linked to the skyfall in any way, EON have a right to sue for similarities to the theme?
    I must admit I'm coming round to @BritishChap007 way of thinking. Something doesn't sit right with Adele performing the song anymore. And that track by Muse could easily fit into the opening titles even though it does have a title from a Bourne film!! Curiouser and Curiouser.
    Ok kids... I don't want to get ridiculous....don't take me too serious now and it's probably bull...
    but since he said "ifly" and "postcard" ... I was looking for a clue on one of the pictures of the website ..just for fun mind you.
    All I am saying is that page 7 features a MUSEum.... ;-)

Well spotted, lol

I hope that is the theme tune now, as i love it. It's so much better than QoS tune.

This could be a tune for skyfall, but maby its gone to a different artist. It cernatily had to be intended for a bond tune. Theres to much that makes sence.
  • My opinion? No Muse please. We have had rock bands for the past two Bond films now. Time for a female voice....and a song that is more elegant, lush and/or romantic. A song with more 'soul' to it.

Moreover, I have read that Thomas Newman and Adele were already recording in the Abbey Road Studios.
  • Again, the evidence:

Supremacy by Muse it is?
    bondsum wrote:
    I must admit I'm coming round to @BritishChap007 way of thinking. Something doesn't sit right with Adele performing the song anymore. And that track by Muse could easily fit into the opening titles even though it does have a title from a Bourne film!! Curiouser and Curiouser.

To add to this: What we know about Adele is just that she said a year ago she was apporaached to doing a theme, and then nothing except for an unconfirmed source. With Muse we have all these actual connections to Bond, with Adele we only have hearsay.
    My opinion? No Muse please. We have had rock bands for the past two Bond films now. Time for a female voice....and a song that is more elegant, lush and/or romantic. A song with more 'soul' to it.

Moreover, I have read that Thomas Newman and Adele were already recording in the Abbey Road Studios.

Have you listened to the song though. It has the bond theme in it. It fits perfectly.
    obin_gam wrote:
    Again, the evidence:

Supremacy by Muse it is?
    bondsum wrote:

To add to this: What we know about Adele is just that she said a year ago she was apporaached to doing a theme, and then nothing except for an unconfirmed source. With Muse we have all these actual connections to Bond, with Adele we only have hearsay.

Something that just crossed my mind. If this is the skyfall theme, would they realy leak it out this way. This is whats making me think it isn't. But it sounds too good to be anything else. I hope it is.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,182
    I doubt EON would let them release the song in their personal album before the soundtrack release, or even an announcement.

However, I can clearly hear the Bond theme in Supremacy...
  • Guys, come. on. please. The official James Bond title song will be on the soundtrack album.....or not, like with QOS for the first time. But in both cases the songs were never released 1,5 months prior to the actual release of the Bond film. Which is the case with that new Muse album.

Trust me. Adele will be doing it.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    My opinion? No Muse please. We have had rock bands for the past two Bond films now. Time for a female voice....and a song that is more elegant, lush and/or romantic. A song with more 'soul' to it.

Have you listened to the song though. It has the bond theme in it. It fits perfectly.
    obin_gam wrote:
    Again, the evidence:

Supremacy by Muse it is?
    bondsum wrote:

Something that just crossed my mind. If this is the skyfall theme, would they realy leak it out this way. This is whats making me think it isn't. But it sounds too good to be anything else. I hope it is.

But it's not really leaking it out though, the streaming is legit so it could be that EON thought "hell, since everyone is so focused on Adele doing it noone will pick up on it and its only a week before Craig will introduce it on a big tv-show, so go for it!"
    There is a postcard-like photo of Times Square in iFly but all I can see music related not musical-theater is Green Day American Idiot.
  • I realy love that MUSE song now though.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Damn... If SKYFALL's theme song is called Supremacy, the "Bond is copying Bourne" nonsense will be back... :P
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    @Gareth00789 Please stop double-posting.
    The only thing that does not have me 100 % convinced is the title of the track Supremacy??

Ups, double post... sorry... got to excited.

You know you're doing it, you know you've been asked not to, but still you'd rather double-post than edit your previous post.

Please consider this a friendly reminder from the Mod team that this behaviour is frowned upon on the boards and frequent double-posts will result in a warning.

Back to Adele.

gt007 wrote:
    Damn... If SKYFALL's theme song is called Supremacy, the "Bond is copying Bourne" nonsense will be back... :P

That's the number one reason why this song isn't the Skyfall theme.
    The only thing that does not have me 100 % convinced is the title of the track Supremacy??

You know you're doing it, you know you've been asked not to, but still you'd rather double-post than edit your previous post.

Please consider this a friendly reminder from the Mod team that this behaviour is frowned upon on the boards and frequent double-posts will result in a warning.

Back to Adele.

Have you even read my post. Under it i put Ups, double post... sorry... got to excited. . Open your eyes.

Cocky bugger.

Back to Adele.

Have you even read my post. Under it i put sorry, double post, got excited. Open your eyes.

Cocky bugger.

No need to have a go at the mod team who have let you double post for ages. Relax.