Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• Hmmm I wonder if @MrEon would be able to shed any light on this ;)
    I love the living daylights so if Adele bond song sounds like it I will enjoy it.... do I believe it will sound like it god no I think it will sound like Bassey Ballad But that is my opinion.
  • I could buy the explanations given if the song had been heard in HMV's Oxford Street flagship store; but Guildford is outside Greater London (though in a bordering county), so IMO it's a smokescreen. Could HMV release the single in its UK stores on Monday, despite no official announcement by HMV, EON or anyone else? If so, any idea when it might reach digital outlets here in the U.S.?
  • Sandy wrote:

I already commented on the other thread, I don't recall hearing this before, I think you might have found the first glimpse at Newman's score for Skyfall!

If it isn't from the Skyfall score, I don't care, because it sounds great and I've waited too long for new Bond-esque music.
  • RBBrittain wrote:
    I could buy the explanations given if the song had been heard in HMV's Oxford Street flagship store; but Guildford is outside Greater London (though in a bordering county), so IMO it's a smokescreen. Could HMV release the single in its UK stores on Monday, despite no official announcement by HMV, EON or anyone else? If so, any idea when it might reach digital outlets here in the U.S.?

Like I said earlier, I don't think it was anything to do with HMV as such. I think it was an employee who had a bootleg Abbey Road recording, and played a sample of it in the store. Nothing to do with HMV ready for a release.
  • I dont beleive it was played at all. Just something joking
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,279
    I dont beleive it was played at all. Just something joking

Are you calling me, or my good friend who heard it, a liar now...?
  • Hmmm. Don't know. But A Living Daylights feel to the song does not make me happy.
    Guess I'll try to be reaaallllly flexible in expectations: ballad? bold? strong? brassy? lounge style? melancholy? a beat you can dance to? Hmmm.

Just want it to be great. We're overdue for a great Bond theme song.

My thoughts exactly. Not a huge fan of THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS song. One of my least favourite...Hopefully this is not what the SKYFALL song sounds like!

• TLD is one of my favorite Bond songs so if this is the case, things are looking good.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655

No, i am just not conviced the song was played at a hmv store. It shows that you have had 0 visits on this site. So i beleive you are just coming on here to stir some rumours and truble. So just leave it .

No, i am just not conviced the song was played at a hmv store. It shows that you have had 0 visits on this site. So i beleive you are just coming on here to stir some rumours and truble. So just leave it .

That's essentially calling them liars. Plus he has 103 posts so....

Well his visits say 0 for me. Oh well. I am calling you a lier then if thats what you want to here.

• What does it mean by visits....?...maybe someone can answer instead of searching for the response in Q&A...i have visited this site many times but it says 0 for me also....
  • I believe it's times you've visited the site, obviously that number is incorrect. Back to the topic though, I actually believe him. I don't really think it's that big of a stretch that someone who was involved in the production of the film/song had this on their digital device, attatched it to the dock, then played the song for a minute and disconnected it.
    I believe it's times you've visited the site, obviously that number is incorrect. Back to the topic though, I actually believe him. I don't really think it's that big of a stretch that someone who was involved in the production of the film/song had this on their digital device, attatched it to the dock, then played the song for a minute and disconnected it.

There are a lot of people working on the film in various capacities, and so it's not very hard to see how something like this could happen. In truth, I suspect many of us here anticipate that the song will be leaked before the official release date. It's the world we live in.

• Well if it is true, we must be getting the theme very soon.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,745
    that website music sounds like 100% Newman.. and I cant find it from any of his other work.. so.. *nudge nudge*.

No, it's not outstanding. But to me it sounds like a mix of multiple themes to be used, like a collection of the sounds to be used in the film.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,279

Get a life mate. I was on MI6 while you were still a twinkle in your daddys eye...(yes, MI6 of years ago).

Regarding FilmNav, I get enough hits per day, so I don't need extra traffic. And as for my friend Steve Hughes, he is a reputable TV and film director who is not interested in stirring up trouble or attracting the limelight (if you knew him, you would know what I am on about). He is also is a massive movie soundtrack geek, so really knows his stuff. He collects CD soundtracks as a hobby, so I wouldn't take his comments lightly, or with a pinch of salt.

But either way, I don't need to explain this to you. Who are you, BTW? What have you done with your life, while we are on the subject. You are quick to call people liars hiding behind your Mummy's PC. Grow up son.

He is adamant it was the new Bond song he heard. He even checked Adele's track listings of all her songs afterwards to make sure there are no songs with the words Sky of Fall in them.

I'm guessing someone at HMV had a bootleg version from Abbey Road, played a sample in the Guildford shop, and now HMV are sh!tting themsleves.....

Well his visits say 0 for me. Oh well. I am calling you a lier then if thats what you want to here.
    How old are you, BTW?

• edited September 2012 Posts: 1,215
    I don't think we really need to get into all of this. Let's just keep this on topic and refrain from making any silly accusations.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Any more information your friend can provide, @jetsetwilly?

It's possible that he heard it because he wanted to hear it. Maybe it was a song by Adele, unknown to him, that sounds like she's saying "Skyfall" at some point.

If someone had a bootleg recording of the song, wouldn't it be all over the internet by now? Why play it at an HMV and not upload it? If someone played it at an HMV, it means they want to share it. Best way to share something like that is over the internet. Why share it only with a few HMV customers?
  • gt007 wrote:

It's possible that he heard it because he wanted to hear it. Maybe it was a song by Adele, unknown to him, that sounds like she's saying "Skyfall" at some point.

If someone had a bootleg recording of the song, wouldn't it be all over the internet by now? Why play it at an HMV and not upload it? If someone played it at an HMV, it means they want to share it. Best way to share something like that is over the internet. Why share it only with a few HMV customers?
    I have no more answers on this, no idea how it managed to land in a HMV Guildford shop, or whether it was the actual Bond song.

The only reason why I take it seriously is because of who said it. He is a massive movie soundtrack geek and really knows his stuff. He is not the type of person who would hear a song and get it wrong, or make up anything like this either.

It just annoys me when I see mails from trolls claiming its all lies, when they know nothing of the person who has said it, and then calling me a liar too in the process.

All very brave and strong, hiding behind his mummy's PC.

• gt007 wrote:

I'd imagine that if he uploaded it to the internet and it traced back to him, he'd end up in some pretty serious trouble.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    It might have been someone trying to test the reaction of people and not interested in leaking it! It wouldn't surprise me.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    gt007 wrote:

I'd imagine that if he uploaded it to the internet and it traced back to him, he'd end up in some pretty serious trouble.

Which is why he should do it from someone else's computer. First rule of getting away with internet nonsense.

Get a life mate. I was on MI6 while you were still a twinkle in your daddys eye...(yes, MI6 of years ago).

Regarding FilmNav, I get enough hits per day, so I don't need extra traffic. And as for my friend Steve Hughes, he is a reputable TV and film director who is not interested in stirring up trouble or attracting the limelight (if you knew him, you would know what I am on about). He is also is a massive movie soundtrack geek, so really knows his stuff. He collects CD soundtracks as a hobby, so I wouldn't take his comments lightly, or with a pinch of salt.

But either way, I don't need to explain this to you. Who are you, BTW? What have you done with your life, while we are on the subject. You are quick to call people liars hiding behind your Mummy's PC. Grow up son.

He is adamant it was the new Bond song he heard. He even checked Adele's track listings of all her songs afterwards to make sure there are no songs with the words Sky of Fall in them.

I'm guessing someone at HMV had a bootleg version from Abbey Road, played a sample in the Guildford shop, and now HMV are sh!tting themsleves.....

Shut up mate, get a life.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You dont have to get all stropy about it. You dont even realise who your talking to. Im a huge bond fan and have been on mi6 site since it first went live. I just never used the forums. Your the one who needs to get a life, when your getting funny because someone doesnt beleive you.

Forums are not for people like you. You make people feel unwelcome, and you have to me, so just shut up before i say something ill regret mate.

You dont even know who your speaking too, so just shutup. Oh, and dont son me. Im a bigger bond fan than you ever could. You know nothing .
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    http://www.iflymagazine.com/?locale=nl_nl&utm_source=reminder&utm_medium=mail&utm_content=nlnl&utm_campaign=ifly23&WT.mc_id=1928936|6659127|81779210|257912810|1023761&WT.tsrc=email&&&WT.tsrc=email#/bright/cocacola/

Kicking it up: That does sound só good. Nice and gentle pace, no hiphop or electro-junk, very mysterious. Trying to download it as we speak.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Please get back to topic. You are like, boys with toys! ;)

However, i think this might be legit. It's not impossible in this time when information spreads fast and people know eachother troughout the web.
  • MrBond wrote:
    Please get back to topic. You are like, boys with toys! ;)

However, i think this might be legit. It's not impossible in this time when information spreads fast and people know eachother troughout the web.
    I was just disagreeing with him, and im entitled too. He is the one who got stroppy.

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited September 2012 Posts: 858
    Agreeing or not, "Im a bigger bond fan than you ever could. "is just childish. Please contact eachother on bookface if you want to argue.