Your favourite "bad" films?

13»

Comments

What about the original CR?
    I want to add AVP Alien versus Predator
    I liked this movie. I love Sanaa Latham and the movie had good story and action, despite the fact the critics panned the shytt out of it.
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    I want to add AVP Alien versus Predator
    I liked this movie. I love Sanaa Latham and the movie had good story and action, despite the fact the critics panned the shytt out of it.

I haven't seen the first AVP but I have seen the second. That was just bad
    Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof. Something about it is so satisfying. It may not be good to general audiences, but to a fan of his, it's a masterpiece.
    I would have LOVED Death Proof if it was like an hour shorter....
  • I would have LOVED Death Proof if it was like an hour shorter....

He should have died in the last scene plus Planet Terror was sooooooooooo much better because it was soooooooooo intentionally bad.
    I love Planet Terror too!! And I can't wait for (super deep mumbled voice) Thanksgiving.

Does "Bad Taste" by Peter Jackson clarify as a "Bad" movie?
  • Planet Terror over Death Proof anyday. Saying that I prefer Tarantino to Rodriguez overall.

I think the best part of Grindhouse were the fake trailers at the start.

I'm so happy Machete actually got made after that.
    I would have LOVED Death Proof if it was like an hour shorter....

I didn't think Deathproof was too long and it was quite good
    . Planet Terror was awful. I hate that actor, can't recall his name but he played in Six feet under and was Rose McGowan's love interest. Can't stand that twert.

The problem with Grindhouse was the 3 hour length. The fake previews were fun but most folks were turned off by the overall length.

Deathproof was great. Classic Tarantino with his great dialogue:
    Woman: "What's your brother's name? "
    Stuntman Mike; "Stuntman Bob"
    Classic!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,812
    Legend with Tom Cruise. By today's standards most would consider it bad but I really enjoy this movie. It just feels like classic fantasy.

Kung Pow Enter the Fist. This film is so dumb it's enjoyable. It's a comedy that takes an old kung fu movie and adds only two or three actors (using special effects).
  • Punisher: Warzone

I really do hope the Punisher gets a decent film in the future. He's a great character with a lot of depth and tragedy.
    ^ I LOVE The Punisher!! It's sad that he hasn't been terribly successful with movies, although I personally like them all. I remember the Thomas Jane one doing pretty well at the box office, then I saw War Zone opening night in an empty theatre! A damn shame...

Maybe they should just have him in the next Spider-Man movie or something like that, similar to Black Widow in Iron Man 2 (as a secondary character)
    Maybe that's what Punisher needs until someone can come along and to it right
  • Maybe they should just have him in the next Spider-Man movie or something like that, similar to Black Widow in Iron Man 2 (as a secondary character)
    Maybe that's what Punisher needs until someone can come along and to it right

That would be cool and all except the film rights for Punisher are under Marvel's possession while Spider-Man's are with Sony. I really do hope Spider-Man finds his way back home to Marvel at some point. I do really like Garfield's turn as Spidey though.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 54
    Flash! Oh Oooooooh!

Morphin' Time!

When I roll into the...
    I actually enjoy 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'. Guilty pleasure film.
    Having seen it twice now, I must say the Total Recall remake is better than it is.

DAD.
    Indy4.
    Resident Evil 4 wasn´t bad, was it?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    boldfinger wrote:
    Having seen it twice now, I must say the Total Recall remake is better than it is.

DAD.
    Indy4.
    Resident Evil 4 wasn´t bad, was it?

Lucky. I loved the 'Total Recall' remake. Don't worry, I'm also with you on DAD and the RE series - they were both great fun. I can't agree with you on 'Crystal Skull' though. That was just bad bad.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Lake Placid 3.

It's got Jack Carter, Sara Pezini and that bird from Emminemidale, the one with the legs.
    For nearly 12 years now I've been webmaster/head writer for a website virtually dedicated to "so bad it's good" movies -- although we review lots of genuinely good 'uns, too (such as all the EON Bond films). Thousands of screenshots, MP3 downloads... You might like it! It's called Eccentric Cinema...
    http://www.eccentric-cinema.com
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I wouldn't call QoS a "bad" movie, just a disappointing one.

Films like Batman & Robin are bad but could have a guilty pleasure quality (i.e. we have fun laughing at them when watching them).

Incidently, this list may be interesting. QoS is on it.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24779/indy-4-star-wars-ep1-are-biggest-letdowns
    Calling B&R bad is an insult to truly bad films. I can't laugh at a film that absolutely ruins the characters of everyone in the Batman universe, even worse than Tim Burton's Batman films which is no easy feat.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    CraterGuns wrote:
    For nearly 12 years now I've been webmaster/head writer for a website virtually dedicated to "so bad it's good" movies -- although we review lots of genuinely good 'uns, too (such as all the EON Bond films). Thousands of screenshots, MP3 downloads... You might like it! It's called Eccentric Cinema...
    http://www.eccentric-cinema.com

Nice site, i've just bookmarked it. :)
    Yep, nice one, @CraterGuns. I will have no problem spending some time over there. Thanks.

• Sites like that are a dime a dozen, but I applaud what you have put together

I mentioned Seagal, but Van Damme is another movie star I like who does some damn good work, that seems to be berated by others, such as Maximum Risk, Double Team and even Derailed, but I did enjoy more the earlier releases

Even Willis gets a raw deal sometimes with some of his lesser known work such as Color of Night, The Last Boy Scout or The Fifth Element, but thought they were some good entertainment

I used to enjoy Dumb and Dumber for some time, but seem to have gone off it big time in recent years, and a lot of critics and audiences alike didn't take to it when first released I remember. The sequel without Carrey or Daniels involved, was an absolute diasaster. I didn't enjoy, and walked out of theater about half way through, it was that bad
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I can't imagine why Starship Troopers would be a bad film. :) Have people actually watched the sequels? :(
  • I started to watch the third one just because it had Casper Van Dien returning as Rico but just couldn't get into it. Although I did notice it was on Netflix recently.... maybe I'll give it another shot.