Your favourite "bad" films?

Comments

• edited August 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Gerard wrote:
    I must admit, I like the Police Academy movies.
    0013 wrote:
    Spaceballs, which could be consider a bad movie generally speaking but in its genre it's one of the greatest parodies.

"Aww...when Marge told me she was going to join the police academy I thought it would be fun and exciting, you know like that movie...Spaceballs. But instead it was painful and disturbing like that movie Police Academy"

Had to quote that :p
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Gerard wrote:
    I must admit, I like the Police Academy movies.
    0013 wrote:
    Spaceballs, which could be consider a bad movie generally speaking but in its genre it's one of the greatest parodies.

"Aww...when Marge told me she was going to join the police academy I thought it would be fun and exciting you like that movie...Spaceballs. But instead it was painful and disturbing like that movie Police Academy"

Had to quote that :p

You Sir! Have made my day! =))
  • LeChiffre wrote:
    N understood all the hate for Indy 4. Not as good as the originals I agree but I love that film.

That's how I feel. It wasn't as good as the 1st 3 but it was fun, I really liked it and thought it was nowhere near as bad as lots of people made out.
  • Resident Evil - so bad but so good.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Resident Evil - so bad but so good.
    I legitimately liked the first one (huge crush on Milla) but disliked the second one so much that I never saw the others. Although this new one certainly looks just as stupid, I'm a bit more curious to see this one since it appears to have a bunch of characters from the games, including Leon finally
    Love both the Saint and Quantum of solace (a film I try to forget that many didn't like ;) )
  • Little Big League- Stupid kid movie that acutally has some funny lines.
    All the Rocky movies- The first one is a masterpiece, but after that they get bashed for thier over the top nature. I still see them as a good time.
    I wouldn't call QoS a "bad" movie, just a disappointing one.

Films like Batman & Robin are bad but could have a guilty pleasure quality (i.e. we have fun laughing at them when watching them).

Incidently, this list may be interesting. QoS is on it.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24779/indy-4-star-wars-ep1-are-biggest-letdowns
    Steven Segal in Marked for death good watch and for him was a good film in his hey day
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    One of my favorite 'bad movies' is Trancers-

trancers.jpg

it's a ridiculous b-movie that blatantly rips off Bladerunner and The Terminator that stars Tim Thomerson and a super young Helen Hunt. Thomerson is super cheesy (on purpose) and he has a certain charm that makes this movie watchable any time!

Love this movie too. Wasn't the character called Jack D'eath (?) Also 'Doc Savage: Man of Bronze' starring tv's Tarzan Ron Eli, they should remake that.
  • Body of Evidence with Madonna. Attempting to rip off and cash in on the very successful Basic Instinct. It is so rubbish but is so bad it's kind of good.
    Body of Evidence with Madonna. Attempting to rip off and cash in on the very successful Basic Instinct. It is so rubbish but is so bad it's kind of good.

Did the film keep your tip up? (*sorry*)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Resident Evil - so bad but so good.
    I legitimately liked the first one (huge crush on Milla) but disliked the second one so much that I never saw the others. Although this new one certainly looks just as stupid, I'm a bit more curious to see this one since it appears to have a bunch of characters from the games, including Leon finally

I love all the Resident Evil films, even though they aren't like the games. I think this one only has two people from the games, Jill and Leon. The first had no one, the second had Jill and Carlos, the third had Carlos and Claire, the fourth had Claire and Chris with a cameo by Jill.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Batman Forever, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, and Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I actually do firmly believe that all of these movies are classics and do not deserve the criticism they often receive.
    Fired Up, 2009. I love it, have watched it far too many times.
    00Beast wrote:
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Batman Forever, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, and Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I actually do firmly believe that all of these movies are classics and do not deserve the criticism they often receive.

Batman Forever isn't that bad. I quite enjoy it - loved it as a kid.
    Wasn't the character called Jack D'eath (?)
    Good ol' Jack Deth! I loved the tagline for the third movie: "THREE TIMES.... and you're DETH"
    :-\"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Batman Forever isn't that bad. I quite enjoy it - loved it as a kid.
    It did mark the beginning of the 'nipple era' though.... :|

But yeah it was still pretty good- especially compared to the one after it, lol
    I like most Seagal films, even if they invariably get shot to shit by movie critics and audiences alike. Of course Under Siege would be most neutrals favorite, and probably his best work, but even titles such as Fire Down Below, The Glimmer Man and On Deadly Ground are a great watch for me, but most people just have nothing good to say about them. Van Damme also works to this extent, I would take pleasure in some of his work such as TimeCop, Nowhere to Run or Kickboxer, and many people wouldn't give them the time of day. I guess some movie releases aren't for everybody
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    I'm really disappointed that no one came up with "Attack of the Giant Moussakka". That's a parody of a monster movie but so bad at that and so incredibly strange. Never saw anything like that. Some transvestites fight a moussakka increased by lesbian aliens. Only in Greek with subtitles ;-)
    What about Showgirls? I'm suprised that hasn't come up in a prodominantly male forum

...and Robert Davi is in it.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    What about Showgirls? I'm suprised that hasn't come up in a prodominantly male forum

They should have called it 'Saved by the Boobs'. ;)

And speaking of boobs, I saw Piranha on Netflix yesterday! Awesomely bad!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I like most Seagal films, even if they invariably get shot to shit by movie critics and audiences alike. Of course Under Siege would be most neutrals favorite, and probably his best work, but even titles such as Fire Down Below, The Glimmer Man and On Deadly Ground are a great watch for me, but most people just have nothing good to say about them. Van Damme also works to this extent, I would take pleasure in some of his work such as TimeCop, Nowhere to Run or Kickboxer, and many people wouldn't give them the time of day. I guess some movie releases aren't for everybody

I was a fan of his early films, even as a kid: 'Out for Justice,' 'Marked for Death,' and 'Above the Law' being my main favorites. As time went on, his films got worse and worse, though I did get some enjoyment out of 'Half Past Dead,' as cheesy as it was.

I watched the 'Conan the Barbarian' remake about a month or two ago and loved it. I'm not sure how the critics and audience stood on it, but I had a great time watching it. Gory, action-packed, that's all I had wanted to see.
    BAIN123 wrote:

They should have called it 'Saved by the Boobs'. ;)

And speaking of boobs, I saw Piranha on Netflix yesterday! Awesomely bad!

That film is hilarious :))
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I watched the 'Conan the Barbarian' remake about a month or two ago and loved it. I'm not sure how the critics and audience stood on it, but I had a great time watching it. Gory, action-packed, that's all I had wanted to see.
    I think the big problem was nobody saw it. I for one loved it! Jason Mamoa made a hell of a physical transformation too- I remember when he was first cast (I was unfamiliar with the actor) -- I googled him and found a pic from Stargate and thought 'there's no way....'
    But to my delight he was AWESOME! Now I'm a big fan of his, between Conan and Game of Thrones
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Master_Dahark, Mamoa is great. He was so big in it, too, which made it believable enough for me. He's in 'Bullet to the Head' next, am I right? The Stallone film?
    That is right! I hear he replaced Thomas Jane (which is kind of a bummer cause I like him too) but the movie looks solid! Looks like Stallone is having a great time!

"We gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?"

I don't care who it says Stallone is playing, I'm going to pretend he's COBRA
  • And speaking of boobs, I saw Piranha on Netflix yesterday! Awesomely bad!

I love that film! Tits and killer Piranhas, what could be better ;) Also the only 3d film I've ever actually preferred in 3d (I normally hate it).

Shame about the 2nd one, which I think moves away from awesomely bad to just terrible.
    Interesting thread. I have to think hard. I usually avoid bad movies but sometimes it can't be helped. when I see a bad movie I just want to forget it.

Starship Troopers
    Savages
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Interesting thread. I have to think hard. I usually avoid bad movies but sometimes it can't be helped. when I see a bad movie I just want to forget it.

Starship Troopers

I like Starship Troopers too :D

Christmas Jones Denise Richards is in it.
  • Battleship so so so so bad but was so so so so watchable.