Sean Connery vs. Roger Moore

Comments

• edited April 2012 Posts: 1,778
    Come on guys. I posted this video for pure fun not for it to become a Moore bashing thread. Personally I couldn't tell you how glad I was Moore won. I thought they were just gonna use this to poke fun at him and make Connery look like a man's man. Moore deserves it as he doesn't get the praise he rightly deserves.

Plus "Thankyou so very much Q" was the perfect was to end the match. =D>
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Come on guys. I posted this video for pure fun not for it to become a Moore bashing thread. Personally I couldn't tell you how glad I was Moore won. I thought they were just gonna use this to poke fun at him and make Connery look like a man's man. Moore deserves it as he doesn't get the praise he rightly deserves.

It's a claymation! JUST A CLAYMATION! Everyone needs to get over it and get this thread closed or something. Arguing gets us nowhere.

It's a claymation! JUST A CLAYMATION! Everyone needs to get over it and get this thread closed or something. Arguing gets us nowhere.

I never meant to start an arguement. Just to post this funny and entertaining video. This is a Bond fan site afterall.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I never meant to start an arguement. Just to post this funny and entertaining video. This is a Bond fan site afterall.
    What happened wasn't your fault.
    Proudly and without shame .....ROG!
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Common guys!! The Connery/Moore debate's been going on waaaay before my time. The Craig/Dalton debate is more interesting ;)

Craig vs Dalton is much too easy. Dalton always wins. There's no point in debating Dalton vs anything because Dalton will always win :)

Wishful thinking, dear friend. Look at the poll... B-)
    Germanlady wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Common guys!! The Connery/Moore debate's been going on waaaay before my time. The Craig/Dalton debate is more interesting ;)

Craig vs Dalton is much too easy. Dalton always wins. There's no point in debating Dalton vs anything because Dalton will always win :)

it's lies! ALL LIES!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Germanlady wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

it's lies! ALL LIES!

No one lies when Craig is involved.
    Germanlady wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

it's lies! ALL LIES!

No one lies when Craig is involved.

But they do. The whole Craig vs Dalton debate is a conspiracy. That's why Dalton was winning when suddenly, lots of people changed votes are new people came and voted for craig. CONSPIRACY!!!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    I like both Dalton and Craig. But for now I prefer Dalton, since he is Bond, while Craig is rookie Bond. And Dalton had gadgets and everything. He was the character from the Moore movies, Craig is a new guy (who eventually will become Bond).

Craig has his first chance of doing a "real" Bond movie in SF. He might surpass Dalton on my list if he does well. By real I mean playing Bond experienced like the others did, not as a rookie who kills every lead and mourns about the death of a girl he loved.

As of now, Dalton is more Bond to me, even though Craig is clearly better with one-liners and charm.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    There's no Craig conspiracy, not at all.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

I really enjoyed the video; it was funny - thanks. Some folks just can't take something for pure pleasure without immediately putting their ongoing crusade into it.

There's no Craig conspiracy, not at all.

That's what they want you to think ;)

On topic though, like I said before, they're both great but I have to say Connery. Moore is definetly a nicer guy but Connery has done more stuff outside of Bond that I enjoyed, and imo has better Bond films than Moore.
    DN vs LALD
    FRWL vs TMWTGG
    GF vs TSWLM
    TB vs MR
    YOLT vs FYEO
    DAF vs OP
    NSNA vs AVTAK

Moore wins 6-1.
  • Moore is the best.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DN vs LALD
    FRWL vs TMWTGG
    GF vs TSWLM
    TB vs MR
    YOLT vs FYEO
    DAF vs OP
    NSNA vs AVTAK

Moore wins 6-1.

My choices:

DN vs LALD (Too bad, for Jane is my favourite Bond girl ever)
    FRWL vs TMWTGG (Like comparing caviar to four day old bread)
    GF vs TSWLM (TSWLM is a personal favourite of mine)
    TB vs MR (Too bad, for I love MR)
    YOLT vs FYEO (Used to be the other way around when I was < 12)
    DAF vs OP (DAF has such a wonderful mood!)
    NSNA vs AVTAK (Surprising as it may be...)

Incidentally, I think the list should be rearranged into this:

DN vs LALD
    FRWL vs TMWTGG
    GF vs TSWLM
    TB vs MR
    YOLT vs FYEO
    NSNA vs OP
    DAF vs AVTAK

So, either 5-2 win for Connery or a 4-2 win for Connery. Either way, Connery wins. ;-)

DarthDimi wrote:

DN vs LALD
    FRWL vs TMWTGG
    GF vs TSWLM
    TB vs MR
    YOLT vs FYEO
    NSNA vs OP
    DAF vs AVTAK

So, either 5-2 win for Connery or a 4-2 win for Connery. Either way, Connery wins. ;-)

DN vs LALD
    FRWL vs TMWTGG
    GF vs TSWLM
    TB vs MR
    YOLT vs FYEO
    NSNA vs OP
    DAF vs AVTAK

Still 6-1 to Moore :P
    DN vs LALD
    FRWL vs TMWTGG
    GF vs TSWLM
    TB vs MR
    YOLT vs FYEO
    DAF vs OP
    NSNA vs AVTAK

Moore wins 6-1.

I'll give you TSWLM over GF, OP over DAF and AVTAK over NSNA. This is how it should go.

DN vs LALD
    FRWL vs TMWTGG
    GF vs TSWLM
    TB vs MR
    YOLT vs FYEO
    DAF vs OP
    NSNA vs AVTAK

To which it is: 4-3, a win for Moore, but only because you were unfair in putting a crap Connery movie (such as GF, YOLT, DAF and NSNA) up against decent Moore movies (TSWLM, FYEO, OP and AVTAK).
    Haha I guess this has inadvertindly become an actual Connery vs. Moore thread. I can live with that I guess.
    Haha I guess this has inadvertindly become an actual Connery vs. Moore thread. I can live with that I guess.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but Sean wins every which way. There has been no one more film Bondian than Sean, and he set the damn standards!
    Bad-assery from 9:30 to 12:13

• edited April 2012 Posts: 3,494
    BAIN123 wrote:
    @Major D Smythe.

In terms of Moore being a badass I think his best moment is here:

Understated and efficient. Nicely done by Sir Rog despite the fact he wasn't keen on filming it.

Exactly the trouble I always had with Sir Roger as Bond, TOO much of a gentleman in the role. Lacks Sir Sean's swagger. With Sean, Dalton, and Craig, you look at them and believe they would kill you in a second and not give your death too much afterthought. Bond is a killer of killers, and not reluctant about it. That is sorely and sadly missing in most of Moore's tenure when he needed to have it, Brosnan did a lot better in that department too.

I like them both for different reasons. They're both James Bond in my eyes.
    I cannot agree that' A View To A Kill ' is the worst Bond movie. After all it features the gentlemanly Patrick Macnee - 'John Steed ' from that fabulous Sixties adventure show THE AVENGERS ( my all - time favourite British TV show).My favourite is series three with the beautiful Linda Thorsen ( Tara King ) wonderful music and soft- focus colour photography. Also VIEW has that elegant Rolls Royce 1963 Silver Cloud ( my favourite car). The first half of the film is certainly worth watching !
  • Moore is just a cool dude. Sean might have been a better bond, but Roger was pretty good, and I think he is probably a nicer human being.
    For me they are the best. In every way. They are both sharing my 1st position. As I said once, they are both sides of a coin, I think they compliment each other. Moore wouldn't be considered so good if it wasn't for Connery and Connery would never have been in debate if it wasn't for Moore.
    Moore was in 1973,1974,1977 and 1981 what Conney was in 1962, 1963, and 1965 for the most part, but on a lesser extent, but the qualities were evident

Connery was in 1964 and 1967 what Moore was in 1979 and Connery was in 1971 what Moore was in 1983 and 1985

Roger is maybe my third or fourth favorite of all the Bonds, the complete nonsense humor at times killed it for me, but every now and again, almost a stellar performance, highly commendable, but the over emphasis on adolescent nonsense really did work against him. If we could of eradicated that, he could of been one of the best Bonds ever. Also should of stepped down from the part after FYEO without question
    I think Moore hade the perfect mixture of coolness, sophistication, elegance and charm. Connery was also cool, but I think he wasn't british or snobbish enough. I also think he lacks Moore's elegance. And I think also think Moore was better in "tough scenes", like when he pounds Miss Anders. That might be controversial, but that's my honest opinion.

Connery (and Terence Young) invented many of the characteristics that the cinematic Bond had. But I think Moore perfected it. And his movies were IMO superior.

I think Moore hade the perfect mixture of coolness, sophistication, elegance and charm. Connery was also cool, but I think he wasn't british or snobbish enough. I also think he lacks Moore's elegance. And I think also think Moore was better in "tough scenes", like when he pounds Miss Anders. That might be controversial, but that's my honest opinion.

Connery (and Terence Young) invented many of the characteristics that the cinematic Bond had. But I think Moore perfected it. And his movies were IMO superior.

lol.

Connery had a swagger that Moore simply could never match, and you're right, Moore's Bond was a snob, which is why I never liked him. The best Bonds have a thug element to them, which rounds them out as characters, and these suave Bonds like Moore and Brosnan, to a lesser extent, just come off as silly comparatively.

That scene above from FYEO is funny in the sense that poor Roger looks like he can barely make it up the stairs.

Compare that to the big fight in FRWL.

Like I said before:
    'Roger Moore's portrayal will always and has always been fiercely debated. he had the longest tenue and his films made a crapload of money. But to a great many younger fans Roger Moore was James Bond as much as Sean was to us oldsters.