The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

That plane chase scene with Bond/Hinx wasn't bad. Though I think the Bond theme might've given it some lift. The score throughout is very subdued compared to SKYFALL.
    Coming to the highlight sequence of this film: the Bond/Hinx train fight.
    Craig looks excellent in the white dinner jacket.
    I love the bit of Bond and Swann waiting at the train station in the middle of nowhere.
    Me..........it was all me, James...............
    The tone of this film's climax is so different from any other Bond film. The nighttime London setting, the music, the lighting all evoke something other than traditional Bond. That said, I kind of like it.
    .........and C falls to his untimely demise.
    The pacing and tone of this Bond film reminds me of the Jesse Stone telemovies.
    Solid viewing, especially since I hadn't seen this one in awhile.
    Hopefully I'll have time in the near future to comment on another Bond movie..................hopefully before the next film hits cinemas.
  • edited March 3 Posts: 6,820
    Another good write up @ToTheRight
    I, for one, still enjoy SP, it gets a bad rap around here, but it feels more like a Bond movie than SF, which is still a struggle of a watch!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll have time in the near future to comment on another Bond movie..................hopefully before the next film hits cinemas.

Connsidering the new Bond movie wont be out for some time, I sincerely hope you do many more before that? There are only a certain few threads i visit on here lately, this is one of them!
    Maybe we could organise a group watch some day, they can be fun?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Another good write up @ToTheRight
    I, for one, still enjoy SP, it gets a bad rap around here, but it feels more like a Bond movie than SF, which is still a struggle of a watch!

Connsidering the new Bond movie wont be out for some time, I sincerely hope you do many more before that? There are only a certain few threads i visit on here lately, this is one of them!
    Maybe we could organise a group watch some day, they can be fun?

Thanks, @Mathis1. I'll try to be back here a bit more often, but things have been pretty busy. I've been watching the Bonds with my fiancee who hadn't seen too many, so I haven't had the chance to do much commenting. :D
    A group watch would be fun sometime.
    Watching YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE with my fiancee now.
    Now she will have seen all the Sean Bonds.

The Osato meeting scene.

I love the little car chase with the helicopter magnet.
    After last watching SP, this really hits the spot.
    Zero zero.

Just a drop in the ocean.
    Sean is easily my fiancee's favorite Bond.
    Mine, too.
    The Kobe docks scene is one of my favorite scenes in the series.
    Thanks to the wonderful Barry score.
    Karin Dor is great.
    This viewing should up this film in my rankings. This is so much fun.
    I love Little Nellie.
    Sean in disguise as Japanese.
    I like the wig.
    Oysters!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited March 23 Posts: 2,627
    I'm glad you had a fun viewing @ToTheRight. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, despite all of the offscreen issues, remains one of my favorites. Plus, I always like it when Bond finds himself having to adapt to a foreign culture (as opposed to simply globe-trotting). Which, come to think of it, is something we haven't had in a while.

Plus, as I tweeted over the weekend in response to a post about Luciana Paluzzi, I love it when my twin fandoms of Bond and Japanese Sci-Fi collide. In Ms. Paluzzi case it was 1969's THE GREEN SLIME.
    6786385664_1da5d171cd.jpg

Provide below is a screencap from 1962’s KING KONG vs. GODZILLA featuring …. Wait for it ….. both Akiko Wakabayashi and Mie Hama!

MV5BMWRhNjE0YmEtNTRlMy00NmJkLWEyNWUtNjc0YWNlZWVjYjhiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIyNjQ1OTMy._V1_.jpg
    The volcano set is so iconic.
    Bond just happens to have suction cups on him.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    I'm glad you had a fun viewing @ToTheRight. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, despite all of the offscreen issues, remains one of my favorites. Plus, I always like it when Bond finds himself having to adapt to a foreign culture (as opposed to simply globe trooping). Which, come to think of it, is something we haven't had in a while.

Plus, as I tweeted over the weekend in response to a post about Luciana Paluzzi, I love it when my twin fandoms of Bond and Japanese Sci-Fi collide. In Ms. Paluzzi case it was 1969's THE GREEN SLIME.
    6786385664_1da5d171cd.jpg

Provide below is a screencap from 1962’s KING KONG vs. GODZILLA featuring …. Wait for it ….. both Akiko Wakabayashi and Mie Hama!

MV5BMWRhNjE0YmEtNTRlMy00NmJkLWEyNWUtNjc0YWNlZWVjYjhiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIyNjQ1OTMy._V1_.jpg

I need to see The Green Slime! I've always heard of it.
    The great Donald Pleasence
    Superb viewing of YOLT. Completely hit the spot!
    edited March 12 Posts: 2,627

I need to see The Green Slime! I've always heard of it.

:))
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Nice song too, but wow, Paluzzi!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=686783626991967
    Nice song too, but wow, Paluzzi!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=686783626991967

Somewhere in my hundreds of Godzilla bookmarks I have a link to an interview that Ms. Paluzzi conducted where she spoke about her experiences making the film. I'll try to find it over the weekend.
    THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH

Watching with my fiancee. M just slapped Elektra. So far this is one of the best viewings I've had of this one in ages.

My fiancee and I are both admiring Pierce's hair.

Renaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.
    I love the M kidnapping section.