Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    I will pass until I'm on a trans-atlantic and have nothing better to watch. And then I'll probably fall asleep in the first act.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

GDjhOdRWsAAL2eV.jpg:large
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looks like a generic TV movie.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    What a voice. I was a big fan. Haven't listened to her for a good long while, but this trailer reminded me again of her sublime talent, and the tragedy that her demons took her away from us far too soon.

I don't know much about the lead, but she seems to be projecting the spirit of Winehouse quite well...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    What a voice. I was a big fan. Haven't listened to her for a good long while, but this trailer reminded me again of her sublime talent, and the tragedy that her demons took her away from us far too soon.

I don't know much about the lead, but she seems to be projecting the spirit of Winehouse quite well...

This is an interesting story about her brush with Bond.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/bond-amy-winehouse-theme-song-meeting-quantum-of-solace-1235388697/amp/
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 11 Posts: 4,444
    Who can't wait on a Killing Balarina with Ana de Armas, what about Killing Balirina in a escaperoom...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »

This is an interesting story about her brush with Bond.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/bond-amy-winehouse-theme-song-meeting-quantum-of-solace-1235388697/amp/

@talos7 -- I just saw this.

That was a hard read. There's no exaggeration to it; as I remember it, back near the end there, she wore her demons on the outside. I think any fan who followed her knew this was all coming to a head.

Tragic. Really tragic.
    One of the most intriguing trailers that I've seen in ages; Sandler has been wise to expand his range as he matures.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ORDINARY ANGELS Trailer (2024) Alan Ritchson
    Mawkish religious melodrama? Big pass. What a shame too, I've been eager to see Ritchson dive into more dramatic roles like this.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Looks somehow worse than I imagined it would.
    Nothing like stuffing McGregor into a film to immediately make me lose interest.
    To be honest I was not a fan of the original Roadhouse, the remake looks a bit naff which is a shame as I like the director.

---

Man, what happened to Russell Crowe? I haven't seen a career drop off in quality as sharply as his has.
    Jake should be making decent dramas instead of Marvel and Bronson type films. Hope he gets a better project soon. Hell of an actor doing some wrong choices, IMO. I could say the same about Crowe, if I said it 20 years ago.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 26 Posts: 15,690
    Could be fun,
    Good to see Cavill getting a few roles post Superman and The Witcher.
  • peterpeter Toronto

And he has Highlander coming up.

He's a well liked guy, and supposedly one of the few genuinely authentic and nice people working in film/tv.

I've never wanted him as Bond because he has too many cracks in his acting armour , but, he certainly suits some characters, and I did really like him as Superman... Though I'm coming to see, as I creep up there in age, that Mr. Reeves may have actually been Kal-El/Clark/superman... With the recent news about the documentary that sold in high figures at Sundance, I've been looking at pictures and scenes of his Superman, and, he had it all....
  • edited January 30 Posts: 5,812
    The team from Arrow is back, this time in a western :

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That looks like it will be such a blast. I don't go to the cinema much these days, but I might go for that.
    edited January 31 Posts: 23,378

He's a well liked guy, and supposedly one of the few genuinely authentic and nice people working in film/tv.

I've never wanted him as Bond because he has too many cracks in his acting armour , but, he certainly suits some characters, and I did really like him as Superman... Though I'm coming to see, as I creep up there in age, that Mr. Reeves may have actually been Kal-El/Clark/superman... With the recent news about the documentary that sold in high figures at Sundance, I've been looking at pictures and scenes of his Superman, and, he had it all....

I heard Cavill is now in training for Highlander, with all involved in the project it should be good.

I recently watched interviews with Christopher Reeves children regarding SuperMan... that will be a must purchase for me. I have yet to see a trailer for the documentary, i have not checked in a few days.

That looks like it will be such a blast. I don't go to the cinema much these days, but I might go for that.

It has the old school vibe of The Wild Bunch, The Dirty Dozen, The Wild Geese and The Sea Wolves with more humor lol

I heard Cavill is now in training for Highlander, with all involved in the project it should be good.

I recently watched interviews with Christopher Reeves children regarding SuperMan... that will be a must purchase for me. I have yet to see a trailer for the documentary, i have not checked in a few days.

It has the old school vibe of The Wild Bunch, The Dirty Dozen, The Wild Geese and The Sea Wolves with more humor lol

For some, a strikes against Cavill is his physical size; he is seen as too bulky. What many don’t realize is that he trains, and eats, to achieve that look; I predict that he will be sporting a much slimmer, lean physique for Highlander, as he would Bond

Now, that’s not an endorsement, simply an observation.
    talos7 wrote: »

For some, a strikes against Cavill is his physical size; he is seen as too bulky. What many don’t realize is that he trains, and eats, to achieve that look; I predict that he will be sporting a much slimmer, lean physique for Highlander, as he would Bond

Now, that’s not an endorsement, simply an observation.

I should had been more specific when I said training, my first thought was weapons/combat training though in a recent interview Cavill was not giving much away.

Regarding his physique I guess it will be down to whether they want a Conan type fighter or closer to Macleod from the original film (I suspect the latter). Cavill was certainly leaner in the film Immortals compared to Man of Steel.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 31 Posts: 13,894

I was thinking that, it looks like a turbo charged The Guns Of Navarone.
    That one I'll have to watch !

Beware ! Language !
  • edited February 1 Posts: 303
    Man, what happened to Russell Crowe? I haven't seen a career drop off in quality as sharply as his has.

Mel Gibson? And Will Smith's post Oscar slap career isn't going to be great. He was banned from the Oscars for ten years!

This might turn out to be my favourite film review quote of the year..
    Argylle is as ridiculous as Henry Cavill’s haircut – and a waste of $200,000,000

;)) I laughed out load when I read that. It's from the Metro newspaper.