The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited January 14 Posts: 735
    We are making Spurs B team look like prime Barca.

Yes ... Son, Kulusevski, Maddison, Sarr, Bissouma to come back, I like Spurs for top 4. Had almost nothing on the bench. Enjoyable game. Thought United looked decent in spells and almost won it at the end.
    Feyador wrote: »
    I am a fan of Dyche he really has toughened up this Everton team, they just keep battling.

But dreadful to watch ....

In there current position it is what Everton need.

I get it, it's what he does ... but that was just a turgid, turgid watch today
    Double FPL gameweek for City coming up in GW25. Gotta be thinking of loading up on three of their players. Even with reduced minutes KDB has to be a consideration, as does a returning Haaland. The Son/Salah absence makes it affordable. I expect Foden/Alvarez minutes and onfield positioning to suffer as a result. Bernardo might be a better bet ....
    Can't see Toney going to Arsenal. Brentford need him too much so as to avoid relegation.

Got nothing from Foden/Alvarez today; but did get a goal from Gordon, whom I'd almost left on the bench.

It was a great game and it looked for awhile that a rested Newcastle might actually win. But the second half was a different story, especially when De Bruyne came on and just took over the game. Great goals throughout ... especially the one from Bernardo. Isaak looks class, as does Oscar Bobb, another Norwegian to go along with Haaland, who's not back until the end of the month. Scary prospect for the rest league ... Arsenal & Liverpool for the runner up spot.

Palmer was good again for Chelsea, picking up all three bonus points even after a stupid yellow.

Currently watching the opening match of AFCON ....

Oscar Bobb looks like he might become the next Norwegian star player if he keeps it up. He's looked promising when playing for the national side too, but he hasn't played much yet. Will be interesting to see if Pep keeps him as part of his squad, or if he wants him to go elsewhere on loan and get more regular game time.

Very nice goal by Bobb, Manc will probably sell him now like cole palmer ?

They certainly have an asset in him, whether it will be as an option in their own squad, or as a player they could get quite the transfer fee for.
    Double FPL gameweek for City coming up in GW25. Gotta be thinking of loading up on three of their players. Even with reduced minutes KDB has to be a consideration, as does a returning Haaland. The Son/Salah absence makes it affordable. I expect Foden/Alvarez minutes and onfield positioning to suffer as a result. Bernardo might be a better bet ....

Kept Salah to save myself a transfer, but I have to admit that KDB in for Salah is very tempting. Already own Foden, but like you mention, the expected minutes and positioning makes him a likely transfer out. I need to make a decision if I want to do Foden to Bernardo, or if I want to bring in a defender who's likely to play both games, like Walker…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Everton and Nottingham Forest charged with breaching Premier League Profitability and Sustainability Rules
    edited January 17 Posts: 735
    Everton and Nottingham Forest charged with breaching Premier League Profitability and Sustainability Rules

Looks like the entire league is now wary of breaking them, so maybe a few loan moves only this month? Newcastle really need to do something but can't, and may even have to sell players in the summer ... ditto ManU, I think. Is this why Arsenal took Raya on loan last summer?

It's like VAR or Covid, a new chaos agent ....

Will the charges against City mean a huge pts. deduction this year? There's hope for Arsenal/Liverpool in the league afterall? Maybe it'll come down to who has the best lawyers? And will anyone really care after mentally applying a giant asterisk to this, and maybe future seasons ...
    Premier League chief executive Richard Masters says a date has been set for Manchester City's hearing over 115 alleged breaches of the league's financial rules, but would not reveal when.
    There's a good discussion here:

• edited January 17 Posts: 17,294

Looks like the entire league is now wary of breaking them, so maybe a few loan moves only this month? Newcastle really need to do something but can't, and may even have to sell players in the summer ... ditto ManU, I think. Is this why Arsenal took Raya on loan last summer?

It's like VAR or Covid, a new chaos agent ....

Will the charges against City mean a huge pts. deduction this year? There's hope for Arsenal/Liverpool in the league afterall? Maybe it'll come down to who has the best lawyers? And will anyone really care after mentally applying a giant asterisk to this, and maybe future seasons ...

As far as Raya goes, yes. Brentford and Arsenal agreed on a loan move with a permanent deal to be made in the summer, so that Arsenal could avoid trouble with FFP. According to Fabrizio Romano, they also had to change the structure of the deal – again because of FFP, which Brentford decided to help Arsenal with.

Even with the numerous breaches of FFP rules, I expect City will be able to escape a punishment. I think they're so big and powerful now, that they will get through this unaffected.
    Liverpool have been handed a scare after Mohamed Salah was substituted in Egypt's Africa Cup of Nations game against Ghana with a suspected hamstring injury.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    God am i kicking myself, I had Gabriel in my early wildcard draft and switched to Saliba at the last minute ~X(
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Breaking news is Man City COO has resigned to become the new CEO at Manchester United :-O

edited January 20 Posts: 23,378
    Liverpool have been handed a scare after Mohamed Salah was substituted in Egypt's Africa Cup of Nations game against Ghana with a suspected hamstring injury.

If serious, this could certainly turn things upside down from an FPL point of view.
    God am i kicking myself, I had Gabriel in my early wildcard draft and switched to Saliba at the last minute ~X(

There's little to separate the two, although Gabriel is a threat on set pieces, which we saw today. If funds was no issue, and I were to choose between them, I'd likely pick Saliba too.
    Breaking news is Man City COO has resigned to become the new CEO at Manchester United :-O

Very surprising news! Imagine a high salary must have been part of the decision?

If serious, this could certainly turn things upside down from an FPL point of view.

There's little to separate the two, although Gabriel is a threat on set pieces, which we saw today. If funds was no issue, and I were to choose between them, I'd likely pick Saliba too.

Very surprising news! Imagine a high salary must have been part of the decision?

Manchester United appoint Omar Berrada from rivals Manchester City as new chief executive.
    I think he was at manc during the time that they have charges awaiting them ?

Toney scored a goal from a free kick from which he moved the ball after it was marked by the ref apparently ?

Salah's injury does not look good, like Erling's, but you never know ?
    Should City be found guilty of the charges, the switch could be a clever move for him. Big if, though.

Didn't see that Toney goal. Was it very obvious that he moved the ball?

As for Salah and Haaland, I guess it's just a wait and see at this point. We might not have that many exciting strikers to pick from, but should Salah be out for a while, at least there's no shortage of good options in midfield.
    Should City be found guilty of the charges, the switch could be a clever move for him. Big if, though.

As for Salah and Haaland, I guess it's just a wait and see at this point. We might not have that many exciting strikers to pick from, but should Salah be out for a while, at least there's no shortage of good options in midfield.

I think he moved the foam as well ?
    Not checked my team I know its been a disaster, with no Man United games at the weekend decided to not bother watching any of the games, it was a nice break.
    A very long gameweek has eventually come to and end, and while we wait for the next deadline, let's have a look at how gameweek 21 went! It's fair to say that this gameweek was one with quite the variance as far as points goes. The overall average score was "only" 47 points, but looking at our league and others, some managers finished the gameweek with considerably better scores than this. In our league, Liverpool Richmond
    had the best score, finishing with 73 points. Congratulations! =D>

D1Ze0Ub.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    _______

Remember there's no deadline until Tue 30 Jan, at 18:00 UK time!

I think he moved the foam as well ?

Found another video on Twitter. Very surprising nobody noticed!

Not checked my team I know its been a disaster, with no Man United games at the weekend decided to not bother watching any of the games, it was a nice break.

Only watched the Arsenal game myself, which went much better than I feared. Not a good game by Palace though, to be honest.
    Salah could be out for at least a month according to reports.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of this season.
    The timing of the announcement may undermine Liverpool's title bid... hopefully lol

There have been talk that he may leave sooner rather than later, i would not be surprised if he had a break and then took the German national team coach.
    Klopp leaving may influence Salah to leave.
    Biggest news in football today, that's for sure! Won't be surprised if Xabi Alonso is in charge by the start of next season.
    We are useless 2 - 0 up now 2 - 2 :))
    If TH loses this sorry there is the door...
    United scored so leading, I did not cheer this is embarrassing.
    Rasmus goal, his only shot of the entire game. He does not look happy and I do not blame him he he gets no service at all.
    I keep forgetting these cup games! Good thing the Prem is back on Tuesday.