The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Holy Areola :)>-
    Cole Palmer will get picked by a lot of fpl players next gw after his great game against luton
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I fancy Arsenal to win the F.A. cup tie v Liverpool, Liverpool will miss Salah.
    FA Cup time🌟
    Arsenal vs Liverpool
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arsenal with a good early chance.
    How many attempts have arsenal had, jhey have to make it count soon.
    edited January 8 Posts: 23,419
    Mikel Arteta reacts to Liverpool FA Cup defeat
    Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has been ruled out for "a few weeks" with a minor knee ligament tear.
    While we wait for the next deadline, let's take a closer look at gameweek 20! In contrast to the average of 38 points in gameweek 19, gameweek 20 saw significantly higher scores. With an average score of 59 points, many managers had more reason to be happy with their scores this time around. We saw some great scores in our league too, best of which was Dinamo Skruknott, finishing the gameweek with 98 points.

uCUbVN1.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    _______

Remember we have a Friday night deadline for gameweek 21, this Friday at 18:15 UK time!

I feel much older after that FA Cup game as well! :))

Had some busy days and wasn't able to keep up with all the FA Cup action, besides the Arsenal-Liverpool game. As much as I love watching FA Cup games, it will be great to have FPL back again – before we get yet another break until Jan. 30.…
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited January 9 Posts: 735
    Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has been ruled out for "a few weeks" with a minor knee ligament tear.

Oh, oh ... not good at all. Very bad timing regarding FPL. Only one GW missing if reports are correct but who knows really ...

GW21 is very difficult to plan for ... a probable 'dammed if you do, damned if you don't' scenario.

I've only one FT but have Son, Salah and TAA. I'm Seriously tempted to take a minus 8 for Estupinan, Saka and Jota but even then I would have to take a futher hit in GW22 to bring in Haaland while beinging short of TAA.

And of course GW21 is stretched out over 2 weeks meaning the greater likelihood of other unforeseen injuries.

People who went early for Bowen this GW are now probably regretting that as reports are he's out for a month, as is his principal playmaker Paquetta.

So maybe I'll just transfer out Salah on Friday for one of Saka, Jota, Richarlison, Gross ...

Estupinan to rise in price tonight ... Salah to fall again soon.
    I've got 4 red 1 orange 1 yellow players.
    Wildcard this gw i think.

Erling Haaland Foot injury - 50% chance of playing

edited January 10 Posts: 23,419

Had some busy days and wasn't able to keep up with all the FA Cup action, besides the Arsenal-Liverpool game. As much as I love watching FA Cup games, it will be great to have FPL back again – before we get yet another break until Jan. 30.…

Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott

Arsenal really should have won that game, I don't buy that they are in crisis as they were totally dominant they just need a bit more composure in the final third. They can still win the league 🙏 😂
    I dare not look at the state of my squad 😂 now may not be the right time to hit my Wildcard with big players out.
    Tottenham sign defender Radu Dragusin from Genoa in £26.7m deal; Romania international chose Spurs over Bayern Munich;
    the 21-year-old becomes Tottenham's second January signing after the loan arrival of Timo Werner;
    both signings could make debuts on Sunday at Manchester United
    Wildcard hit though my first draft needs changing, I must set an alarm to remind myself 😂
    edited January 13 Posts: 2,355
    I made 6 changes with palmer captain this gw.
    I brought Palmer in and did consider him as Captan, I went for João Pedro as a differential Captain.
  • edited January 13 Posts: 17,302
    A bit late, but here are the gameweek 21 captaincy picks!
    Palmer: 5
    Saka: 4
    Salah: 3
    Haaland: 2
    João Pedro: 1
    Hee Chan: 1
    Trippier: 1

With popular players like Salah and Son missing out due to international tournaments, the captaincy pool is a bit smaller than usual. And with Haaland still unavailable, managers are forced to look elsewhere for captaincy picks. This makes the in-form Palmer the most popular captain this time around, backed by five managers, closely followed by Saka, who's captained by four managers. Salah and Haaland are captained by three and two managers respectively, so those managers will hope that their vice captains or their team overall will make up for lost captaincy points. Good luck everyone!

Arsenal really should have won that game, I don't buy that they are in crisis as they were totally dominant they just need a bit more composure in the final third. They can still win the league 🙏 😂

I think they need to strengthen too many spots to be able to win the league. Injuries leave Arteta with too few options, and they don't have a proper goalscorer…

________

Contemplated playing the wildcard, but saw that I could get away with a -4 for this gameweek. Really not sure my team is going to pick up much points going forward, so I might need to have a wildcard plan in place. At least the length of this gameweek leaves me with time to consider what to do…
    I made 6 changes with palmer captain this gw.

Good choice, by the looks of it!
    I brought Palmer in and did consider him as Captan, I went for João Pedro as a differential Captain.

Interesting pick. Brighton have a kind schedule – on paper at least. Brought in Estupiñán and Groß myself, but I'm really not sure if that was a good decision or not – at least for a hit…
    I never ;learn it is all happening at Saint James, why I thought City would keep a clean sheet is beyond me.
    A much as I want city to lose, if they do lose this helps Liverpool which is worse.

I think they need to strengthen too many spots to be able to win the league. Injuries leave Arteta with too few options, and they don't have a proper goalscorer…

________

Contemplated playing the wildcard, but saw that I could get away with a -4 for this gameweek. Really not sure my team is going to pick up much points going forward, so I might need to have a wildcard plan in place. At least the length of this gameweek leaves me with time to consider what to do…

What is the likelihood of Toney going to Arsenal?
    KDB returns with a bang, i did consider him though convinced myself he would not feature today... dam!
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Can't see Toney going to Arsenal. Brentford need him too much so as to avoid relegation.

Got nothing from Foden/Alvarez today; but did get a goal from Gordon, whom I'd almost left on the bench.

It was a great game and it looked for awhile that a rested Newcastle might actually win. But the second half was a different story, especially when De Bruyne came on and just took over the game. Great goals throughout ... especially the one from Bernardo. Isaak looks class, as does Oscar Bobb, another Norwegian to go along with Haaland, who's not back until the end of the month. Scary prospect for the rest league ... Arsenal & Liverpool for the runner up spot.

Palmer was good again for Chelsea, picking up all three bonus points even after a stupid yellow.

Currently watching the opening match of AFCON ....
  • edited January 14 Posts: 17,302
    A much as I want city to lose, if they do lose this helps Liverpool which is worse.

________

What is the likelihood of Toney going to Arsenal?

I think the likelihood for that happening is slim – even more so in January. As much as I'd like to see Arsenal signing an attacking player, it looks like a loan deal for a left back is more likely to happen. Most players rumoured to Arsenal, looks to be summer transfers.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Can't see Toney going to Arsenal. Brentford need him too much so as to avoid relegation.

Got nothing from Foden/Alvarez today; but did get a goal from Gordon, whom I'd almost left on the bench.

It was a great game and it looked for awhile that a rested Newcastle might actually win. But the second half was a different story, especially when De Bruyne came on and just took over the game. Great goals throughout ... especially the one from Bernardo. Isaak looks class, as does Oscar Bobb, another Norwegian to go along with Haaland, who's not back until the end of the month. Scary prospect for the rest league ... Arsenal & Liverpool for the runner up spot.

Palmer was good again for Chelsea, picking up all three bonus points even after a stupid yellow.

Oscar Bobb looks like he might become the next Norwegian star player if he keeps it up. He's looked promising when playing for the national side too, but he hasn't played much yet. Will be interesting to see if Pep keeps him as part of his squad, or if he wants him to go elsewhere on loan and get more regular game time.
    Feyador wrote: »

Oscar Bobb looks like he might become the next Norwegian star player if he keeps it up. He's looked promising when playing for the national side too, but he hasn't played much yet. Will be interesting to see if Pep keeps him as part of his squad, or if he wants him to go elsewhere on loan and get more regular game time.

Very nice goal by Bobb, Manc will probably sell him now like cole palmer ?
    VAR is a joke in this country when checking offsides, Villa scored though looks off it took me 1 second to come to that conclusion not 10 minutes lol

Offside after an Ice age.
    edited January 14 Posts: 23,419
    Been a frantic game a lot of handbags, both teams not showing much quality in the final 3rd, 20 minutes to go difficult to call, one goal will likely win this.
    I am a fan of Dyche he really has toughened up this Everton team, they just keep battling.