Top 3 villain moments

Comments

RogueAgent wrote:
    When Dr No appears in Bond's room, you only see his silohette and iron hands.

Franz Sanchez and his goons feeding Leiter to the shark.

And finally seeing Blofeld revealing himself!

Ah yes, the first one mentioned is great. I've always found it very creepy and disturbing how Dr. No walks in, lifts up Bond's bed sheet, and then walks out. What in the world was he doing?!
    00Beast wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    When Dr No appears in Bond's room, you only see his silohette and iron hands.

Franz Sanchez and his goons feeding Leiter to the shark.

And finally seeing Blofeld revealing himself!

Ah yes, the first one mentioned is great. I've always found it very creepy and disturbing how Dr. No walks in, lifts up Bond's bed sheet, and then walks out. What in the world was he doing?!

He was probably seeing what sort of weapon Bond was packing? ;)
    On some of the earliest VHS releases, that scene was cut out I'm sure I remember, i.e when Bond and Honey drink the drugged coffee, Doctor No comes in and we see a hand and Connery in bed etc, it was only until I got some more recent copies that we see the inclusion of this. May well be wrong but it's something that I seem to recall. Doesn't bother me or anything as it only lasts a few seconds, not really fussed if it's included or otherwise but worth a mention I thought with regard to previous posts

Other Bond villain moments worth a mention

When Sanchez guns down Truman Lodge, 'Well done Franz etc'

When Renard poisons the submarine crew, 'some brandy and refreshments for your men etc'

When Necros strangles the milk delivery guy with his headphone cables in Daylights

Bond tortured by Le Chiffre CR

The revealing of Blofled YOLT

The Doctor No dinner talk

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    1.) Grant calling Bond "old man" and paying for it.
    2.) Dr. No to Bond: "I guess I was wrong, you're nothing but a stupid policeman"
    3.) Goldfinger: "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    In no particular order...

GoldenEye:
    Trevelyan: 'England is about to learn the cost of betrayal. Inflation adjusted from 1945.'

Lost from Licence to Kill:
    Sanchez: 'What did he promise you, his heart? Giver her his heart.'

Dario: 'Don't worry, we gave her a nice honeymoon.'

Perez: What about the money, patron?
    Sanchez: Launder it.

Sanchez: I just want you to know that this is nothing personal. It's purely business.

Octopussy:
    Gogol to Orlov: 'A common thief. A disgrace to the uniform.'
    Orlov: 'Yes. But tomorrow... l shall be a hero... of the Soviet Union.'
    page went static and lost all my work damn it :-L

Tried to say, other additions we could have, mentioned or otherwise -

Oddjob takes out Mr Solo in Goldfinger on the way to the airport and has the vehicle crushed at the demolition yard

Hugo Drax sets his dobermans on Ms Dufour in Moonraker and 'Look after Mister Bond, see that some harm comes to him'

Stromberg has his assistant killed in the elevator trap door in Spy and subsequent shark food, chomp chomp
    In no particular order, some of my favorites (I know it says top 3, but that's rather difficult)

Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"

Alec Trevelyan: (revealing himself to Bond) "Back from the dead..."

Francisco Scaramanga: (aims his Golden Gun at 007) "I could have shot you down when you landed, but that would have been too easy."

Max Zorin: (after eliminating W.G. Howe) "Intuitive improvisation....the secret of a genious."

Franz Sanchez: "You disappoint me. Who are you working for, huh? Tell me. You don't want to talk?"

Elliot Carver: "I think it's time we set an appointment for my wife with the doctor."

Emilio Largo: "You've given me much pleasure, Domino.....but unless you tell me how much Bond knows, I'll be forced to cause you great pain. These for heat, these for cold. Applied scientifically and slowly......very....slowly."

Stephen Obanno: "WHERE IS MY MONEY??!! Did you think you could lose that much money and no one would notice?!"

Le Chiffre: "I'll get the money....tell them....I'll get the money.
    Mr. White: "Money isn't as important to our organization as knowing who to trust." (pew!)

Mr. Big: "You ain't gonna see the sunlight unless you answer me!"

• ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I can't believe I didn't remember this gem...

Roger: 'My name's Bond, James Bond.'
    Mr Big: 'Names is for tombstones, baby.'
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    3- Blofled and Bunt kill Tracy.

2- Goldfinger laser scene/Blofeld's first reveal in YOLT (tie)

1- Sanchez feeding Leiter to the shark. I love this scene. Really shows how ruthless he was. Sanchez is my favourite Bond villian and helps make LTK my favourite film.
    @thelivingroyale: Yeah, #1 is a favorite of mine as well. "I want you to know this is nothing personal, it's merely, business." Whew, that's some serious villainy right there!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" just love that scene

Red Grant - whole train fight with Bond

Goldfinger losing the golf match

Sanchez maiming Leiter in the shark enclosure, 'This is nothing personal, it's just - business'

Emilio Largo having one of his crew thrown in the shark pool

Sanchez throwing Milton Krest into the pressure chamber

Blofeld dropping Helga into the piranha pool

Oddjob taking out Tilly with his steel rimmed hat

Zorin having the Ivanova accomplice thrown into the fan blades at the pumping station

Zorin killing Mr Howe at City Hall, SF

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    <blockquote rel="shadowonthesun"><b>My favourite:</b>

Bond - <i>"What happens when the US retaliates!?"</i>
    Orumov - <i>"Against who?"</i></blockquote>

You mean Orlov ? Orumov was in GE.

I think he did; I couldn't remember this at all from GE.

and er, Berkoff actually said 'Against Whom' you could add, I clearly remember

It was indeed General Orlov and Moore on the train in Octopussy, one of the better sequences of this 1983 release and Moore for once, being straight faced and serious amid all the nonsense that year
  • The "I expect you to die" moment in Goldfinger IS the top moment for the general Public.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    "Which lunatic asylum did they get you from?" Lash! Grant and Bond on the Orient Express, just pure class.

Dr No's entrance, real menace. This was cut from ITV's second showing, probably for timing.

Blofeld and Bunt killing Mrs James Bond! - now that's just nasty.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 864
    DarthDimi wrote:
    ...Largo orders Quist in the shark pool, hears the satisfying sounds of a painful death and walks away while indifferently kissing his ring.

Indifferently kissing his ring? You're right, that is villainous. ;)
    I can't possibly pick three, so here's just a compliation list of those off the top of my head!

-Sanchez throwing Krest into the pressure chamber ("You want it so bad, huh? THEN TAKE IT!!!" Love that line)

-Elliot Carver's monologue to Bond before his death by the Sea Vac drill

-Renard's first appearance at The Devil's Breath

-Max Zorin gunning down the mine workers, and killing W.G. Howe at San Francisco City Hall

-Francisco Scaramanga's dinner table conversation with Bond ("The English don't find it sporting to kill in cold blood")

-Dr. No's dinner table conversation with Bond ("I was interested to see what kind of a man you were, I even thought there might be a position for you in SPECTRE")

-Red Grant's explanation of SPECTRE's plan on the Orient Express

-Alec Trevelyan's discussion with Bond on the Soviet missle train ("And Mr. Bond here will have a small memorial service, with only Moneypenny and a few tearful restraunteers in attendence")

-Emilio Largo and Fiona Volpe's discussion about Bond while shooting discs at Palmyra

• edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    Killing of Milton Krest in the pressure chamber in License to Kill, what a great piece of villainy from Davi and quite a nasty demise in the James Bond series

'You want it so much? - Then Keep it!'

Scaramanga blowing up Bond's seaplane in Golden Gun - 'This is the part I really like'

When Mister Big reveals himself to be Doctor Kananga, Live and Let Die

When Goldfinger has Bond strapped to the table in Switzerland as the laser closes in

When Kamal Khan describes to Bond at Dinner about how they extract Information from people, can't quite remember the actual words. 'But with permanent brain damage etc', people will remember the scene in question

Number One dropping Helga Brandt into the Piranha pool

When Wint and Kidd kill Mrs Whistler and throw her body in the Amstel river

When Scaramanga kills Andrea Anders at the sporting event in Thailand,- 'A mistress cannot serve two masters'

• edited August 2012 Posts: 1,817
    I like speeches, so:
    - "Siamese fighting fish, fascinating creatures. Brave, but on the whole stupid. Yes, they're stupid. Except for the occasional one such as we have here. He lets the other two fight while he waits. Waits until the survivor is so exhausted that he cannot defend himself. And then, like SPECTRE, he strikes."
    - "This is gold, Mr Bond. All my life, I've been in love with its colour, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock, which is considerable."
    - "You see, Mr Bond, like every great artist, l want to create an indisputable masterpiece
    once in my lifetime. The death of mano a mano, face to face,will be mine [...] A duel between titans. My golden gun against your Walther PPK."
    with that in mind I think Michael Lonsdale's 'Can I press you to a cucumber sandwich' has reached legendary status. Also I thoroughly enjoyed his 'Mister Bond...You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season'

Brilliant!
    with that in mind I think Michael Lonsdale's 'Can I press you to a cucumber sandwich' has reached legendary status. Also I thoroughly enjoyed his 'Mister Bond...You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season'

Brilliant!

Yes, and also the great speech above the space station: "First there was a dream. Now there is reality. Here in the untainted cradle of the heavens will be created a new super-race, a race of perfect physical specimens. You have been selected as its progenitors - like gods. Your offspring will return to Earth and shape it in their image. You have all served in humble capacities in my terrestrial empire. Your seed, like yourselves, will pay deference to the ultimate dynasty which I alone have created. From their first day on Earth they will be able to look up and know that there is law and order in the heavens."
    I like it when Drax is giving that speech and Jaws is there and listening and doesn't quite understand what he's talking about, i.e. it is too complex for his mind to assimilate. Just gives this look of, 'what the thump are you talking about'

If we're going on villain speeches here, which I too love, I believe that Alec Trevelyan's speech to Bond in the memorial graveyard is unmatched!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Indeed, @00Beast. However i prefer Greene's speech, at the Greene Planet party.
    And how strong Dominic Greene must be to almost push Camille through a low wall at that event, or was it just some lousy building work done ?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    And how strong Dominic Greene must be to almost push Camille through a low wall at that event, or was it just some lousy building work done ?

Well, that building's so old. It may have not been rebuilt to the event.
    It's not necessarily about how old it is, places like Stonehenge in the UK have been around for centuries or even Easter Island off Chile, even longer, and they still remain intact and as strong as when they were built despite all the weather elements etc and years and years of existence. No, I think it was just a silly moment they put in, of course Bond turns up at the exact second of incident to save the day..