Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I killed the Overseer when escaping the vault will that impact the overall game? His daughter was not happy lol I need to explore Megaton more, I have already found a Nuke.

Three giant crabs just jumped out of the water and killed me lol

I think past some initial character reactions and a miscellaneous quest later on that'll change depending on whether you killed the Overseer or not, there's nothing major to worry about. His daughter being pissed is about the only difference when it first happens. Later on, it's also different behaviors and attitudes, nothing game-changing thankfully.

I played out the scenario of killing Moriarty then the sheriff then activating the bomb, all hell broke loose lol I went back to my earlier save point as decided not to follow that course of action... yet.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Back on Resident Evil 4 Remake and have made it to the library in the castle,

Damn this game is good. Mega stressful, its very easy to get overrun if youre not careful, but ace to play.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I killed the Overseer when escaping the vault will that impact the overall game? His daughter was not happy lol I need to explore Megaton more, I have already found a Nuke.

Three giant crabs just jumped out of the water and killed me lol

I think past some initial character reactions and a miscellaneous quest later on that'll change depending on whether you killed the Overseer or not, there's nothing major to worry about. His daughter being pissed is about the only difference when it first happens. Later on, it's also different behaviors and attitudes, nothing game-changing thankfully.

I played out the scenario of killing Moriarty then the sheriff then activating the bomb, all hell broke loose lol I went back to my earlier save point as decided not to follow that course of action... yet.

I always loved killing the sheriff or whoever it was that has that awesome assault rifle.

@Mallory, completed my very first experience with that game about a week ago and got all the trophies, DLC included! It was very challenging in some spots but I got it done and had a blast doing it. The castle bit with the catapults was certainly one of the harder level sections for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Creasy47 I decided to disarm the bomb and got a free house for my trouble, I killed Rouke I did not like him lol whilst on a quest I have just accidentally stumbled on vault 106, heading in .

Also just discovered blowfly's this game is pretty crazy, if they get the TV show right it should be great. Whilst I was typing this a giant soldier ant just attacked me, I should have paused the game.
    @Creasy47 I decided to disarm the bomb and got a free house for my trouble, I killed Rouke I did not like him lol whilst on a quest I have just accidentally stumbled on vault 106, heading in .

Also just discovered blowfly's this game is pretty crazy, if they get the TV show right it should be great. Whilst I was typing this a giant soldier ant just attacked me, I should have paused the game.

The game really is endless when it comes to exploration; you set out on a mission or to explore a location, and you wind up finding 20 other quests and a dozen other interesting places to mine and experience. It's amazing.

The game really is endless when it comes to exploration; you set out on a mission or to explore a location, and you wind up finding 20 other quests and a dozen other interesting places to mine and experience. It's amazing.

I can see why Fallout 3 was game of the year, it was released during a time I was not gaming at all. There are probably many other great games I totally missed first time round.

I can see why Fallout 3 was game of the year, it was released during a time I was not gaming at all. There are probably many other great games I totally missed first time round.

And for me, 2008 was THE year for gaming in my eyes. Some other great titles over the next couple of years, and I've been pessimistic and nowhere near as blown away ever since. Chalk it up to getting older or whatever but I've not seen that level of consistency in the gaming world in a long time.
    20191014212325_1.jpg
    Portal Revolution recently released Mod on STEAM, this is a very good game good enough to be a legit part of the series.
    20191014212325_1.jpg
    Portal Revolution recently released Mod on STEAM, this is a very good game good enough to be a legit part of the series.

My stepson mentioned this the other day and I got excited thinking some new sequel was coming I somehow hadn't heard about previously. I might check this out eventually.
    20191014212325_1.jpg

My stepson mentioned this the other day and I got excited thinking some new sequel was coming I somehow hadn't heard about previously. I might check this out eventually.

Its free at least, only played a few levels though really does feel like an official game, Valve should hire whoever made this though Valve in recent times seem disinterested in making games... 'HL3 where are you lol'
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    t620x300-c8c017f490012d4ce5b6e2a1dee5ce20.jpg
    This HD Remaster is approaching 10 year old, and it still looks great. Naturally, I am playing as Jill.
    I've been on a RE kick for a few years but I haven't played the originals (or even their remastered counterparts) either ever or not in 25 years or so, so I've been worried it'd be too steep a learning curve to return to those fixed camera installments.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've been on a RE kick for a few years but I haven't played the originals (or even their remastered counterparts) either ever or not in 25 years or so, so I've been worried it'd be too steep a learning curve to return to those fixed camera installments.

I'm playing it on easy, but every now and again, I have a little trouble when the camera perspective changes.
    Yeah it threw me off even as a kid and I could never really get used to it. It's probably one of those titles that gets easier and more flexible if you solely focus on playing it for a while and block out modern day controls. I always see it on sale for $4.99 on the PS Store, maybe I'll try it out one day.

RE4 was the last game I played and beat and it was a lot of fun. I'm already eager to get some more remasters like that one.
    It's worth picking up. I don't know about digital, but you can buy it on disc in the Origins Collection (HR remasters of RE0 and RE1).

The only REmake that I have played, is RE3make, which I enjoyed.
    I've played the remakes of RE2, 3, and 4 so far - loved every single one. I've also played RE7 (might be my favorite or at least Top 3 of the lot) and 8, and am eagerly awaiting RE9 down the line (if it's still happening, that is).
    Continued with Fallout 3 and it took an unexpected detour, I was abducted by sinister aliens, just about to teleport to the death ray. Once back on Earth I will make some serious money with the alien loot lol really enjoyed this part of the game.
    Continued with Fallout 3 and it took an unexpected detour, I was abducted by sinister aliens, just about to teleport to the death ray. Once back on Earth I will make some serious money with the alien loot lol really enjoyed this part of the game.

Dizzying fun there! I had a lot of fun with that DLC, though I always recall it getting a little confusing to navigate and very easy to get lost in.

Dizzying fun there! I had a lot of fun with that DLC, though I always recall it getting a little confusing to navigate and very easy to get lost in.

I don't recall buying it as a DLC it must be the whole game i bought, the alien ship is huge and for a while had no idea what to do.Think I am near the end now, in the living quarters of the Aliens though those turrets are causing me issues.

I don't recall buying it as a DLC it must be the whole game i bought, the alien ship is huge and for a while had no idea what to do.Think I am near the end now, in the living quarters of the Aliens though those turrets are causing me issues.

Yeah you likely have the big Anniversary/Complete Edition, whatever it's called, but regardless of how you got it, all the DLC becomes meshed within the base game instead of being separate launchers, which is nice.
    Agatha Christie: Murder On The Orient Express (2023)
    I went back for a 2nd playthrough to mop up all remaining trophies, including the platinum.

Yeah you likely have the big Anniversary/Complete Edition, whatever it's called, but regardless of how you got it, all the DLC becomes meshed within the base game instead of being separate launchers, which is nice.

Yeah also lets me beam back up to the spaceship, feels like a bit of a cheat as I can just go up there now and pick up all the other weapons to sell. It does add another dimension to the game, though could make other sections easier now, i will try not to use the alien canons in combat... left them at my base.
    It's been so long since I last played that I forgot you could come and go as you please. Every time I beat it in the past and got all the trophies, I'd wind up sticking it out and doing it all in one go.
    It's been so long since I last played that I forgot you could come and go as you please. Every time I beat it in the past and got all the trophies, I'd wind up sticking it out and doing it all in one go.

I spoke too soon even though I thought I was now over powered so I was not hiding, Sergeant got destroyed and myself killed in an ambush, this game is unforgiving lol

I found Vault 106 keys on the space ship so may head back there it could open the safe.
    I went back for a 2nd playthrough to mop up all remaining trophies, including the platinum.

I am still part way through ABC Murders, i need to get back to that game at some point.

I spoke too soon even though I thought I was now over powered so I was not hiding, Sergeant got destroyed and myself killed in an ambush, this game is unforgiving lol

I found Vault 106 keys on the space ship so may head back there it could open the safe.

Easy come, easy go! It really is funny how you can totally wipe everything out in one area or mission but take on another or move a little down the road and you get destroyed. New Vegas was even more punishing in this arena.

I am still part way through ABC Murders, i need to get back to that game at some point.

How how are you finding it so far? I'm not a big fan of the cel-shaded esque art style.

How how are you finding it so far? I'm not a big fan of the cel-shaded esque art style.

Not looked at the other games yet in the series, i don't mind the look of ABC though I may find the others a step up in graphics and design. I have enjoyed the puzzles so far in ABC.

Not looked at the other games yet in the series, i don't mind the look of ABC though I may find the others a step up in graphics and design. I have enjoyed the puzzles so far in ABC.

I haven't played the middle two yet, and though I enjoyed them both, I preferred 'Murder....'. I keep checking Microids' site in the hope of finding news on the next Poirot game. Death On The Nile would be a good one.

I haven't played the middle two yet, and though I enjoyed them both, I preferred 'Murder....'. I keep checking Microids' site in the hope of finding news on the next Poirot game. Death On The Nile would be a good one.

Pleny of good locations for Death on the Nile, I will buy Murder on the Orient Express when I complete the first two.

I have only briefly looked at the Holmes games I wonder if they are more or less the same as the Poirot games.