The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Funny how bond knows how far to play back the tape. The little fish got in Monet's before him
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Desmond! 'with special care', everything you give me... ' is treated with equal contempt, yes I know' epic
    Hahahaha harmless radio-active device. You've got to love the sixties
    Amazing coincidence running into Fiona after just getting out of the water
    Seems terribly difficult. Oh no it isn't, is it?
    And on to the junkanoo. And then an instant mission to Palmyra.
    Do you like wild things Mr. Bond? Ch... She's burning hot. Friends of yours no doubt. Love the ensuing confo. James bond makes love to a woman and she hears heavenly choirs singing. Makes no sense, but it is SO much fun
    You should've told me your wife was here... She does have the look of an angry wife..
    And on to the wreck of the plane. Must say, the tempo of this film is really well paced up until this moment. Plenty of excitement!
    Ha, the most insinuating bunch of bubbles in cinematographic history!
    Bond is extremely lucky they don't take off their gear onboard the disco volante
    Domino caught, bond stuck in that grotto... Oh oh...
    Feels like the underwater breathing device is used for twice as long as it can handle.
    Did they make the cocoon and main ship for real? So cool that.

Speeding up the film for the end fight wasn't necessary though
    Hello domino. I'm so glad I killed him. You're glad?

Funny btw they leave that helper prof of Largo uit in the sea after throwing him offboard
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 14,047
    Still on me of the best meeting rooms, with the world map in the background
    The world maps are great, aren't they. I can think of many across the series, from here to GE... It might be fun to make a list. But yeah, this might be the first one we see in a Bond villain HQ. It really is the simplest way to project global domination.
    That waterscooter-submarine for the bombs is pretty.cool though. Even now,
    The bomb sled looks awesome and otherworldly. Looks like half axolotl, half ray. Designed by Jordan Klein, who also painted the SPECTRE frogmen's spear guns from red to black *only* the night before the underwater battle shoot, which is why the black paint is seen worn off on all of them.
    QBranch wrote: »
    The world maps are great, aren't they. I can think of many across the series, from here to GE... It might be fun to make a list. But yeah, this might be the first one we see in a Bond villain HQ. It really is the simplest way to project global domination.
    The bomb sled looks awesome and otherworldly. Looks like half axolotl, half ray. Designed by Jordan Klein, who also painted the SPECTRE frogmen's spear guns from red to black *only* the night before the underwater battle shoot, which is why the black paint is seen worn off on all of them.

Tbh I hadn't seen the film in at least a year or two, and I was quite surprised as to how much I enjoyed watching it again. There's just so much to enjoy!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 14,047

Tbh I hadn't seen the film in at least a year or two, and I was quite surprised as to how much I enjoyed watching it again. There's just so much to enjoy!
    TB's awesome. I discovered it back in 1997 and enjoyed it, then it just got better with each viewing. Palmyra snooping is probably my favourite section, but it's all good.

TB's awesome. I discovered it back in 1997 and enjoyed it, then it just got better with each viewing. Palmyra snooping is probably my favourite section, but it's all good.

Oh that's very cool indeed. I my sound strange, but I think the death of Paula is actually done perfectly. She killed herself, showing what it means to do that kind of work. She's very professional. Pity she isn't credited more in Bond-fandom. I also love it how she straightens her dress, expecting Bond at the door, when those goons come in.
    Excellent write up, @CommanderRoss. I need to rewatch TB again soon. For the longest tine it was my number 1 ranked favorite. I absolutely love it. I used to collect the various VHS editions ot compare the different edits. Great Bond flick!
    Pure coincidence, I was going to do a write-up on Sunday on TB, but something came up, and I couldn't! If I get time I will before Christmas!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Excellent write up, @CommanderRoss. I need to rewatch TB again soon. For the longest tine it was my number 1 ranked favorite. I absolutely love it. I used to collect the various VHS editions ot compare the different edits. Great Bond flick!

Thanks!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Pure coincidence, I was going to do a write-up on Sunday on TB, but something came up, and I couldn't! If I get time I will before Christmas!

Ah, so that's where my inspiration came from ;-)
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 2,161
    There is such a grim and haunted look upon Q's face as he descends into retirement.
    On to twine. Love the puns on the swiss bankers, and the cigar. Miss the times bond would wink at the real world.
    And the first explosion on the MI6 building. Can say what you want, but Craig definitely had the bigger boom.
    Music isn't too impressive, very much Johnny English. Like q's fishing boat though.
    Random explosions when the assassin destroys a boat. Very nineties.
    And the titles, after a not so soft landing on the millennium dome. Love them, very classic. Love the song too. Never understood why people think it isn't good. Far better than Sam Smith if you ask me.
    Ah, the lovely Desmond. Like cheese as r as well. Fits brozzer, but I understand why he didn't come back with Craig.
    Brosnan really looks concerned with q's replies about retirement.