Would you rather spend time in Venice with Tatiana (FRWL) OR Vesper (CR 06)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Fiona is a very sexy woman. Fiona wins not even a contest.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I'm a big Sophie Marceau fan, so I must give this one to Elektra. Though what about both? :p
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I'm a big Sophie Marceau fan, so I must give this one to Elektra. Though what about both? :p
    Greedy, aren’t you? Just make sure this time to take Fiona on a skiing date and Elektra to the dance… might be less risky.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Elektra.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Wow Fiona and her evil ways are quite powerful this many years on!

Lets jump to another scenario and see what people would rather!

Would you rather join the Octopussy circus OR work in the Elliot Carver Media Group?

On one hand, you would get to travel Europe and entertain kids of all ages. You might be with the clowns, or maybe the ringmaster? Or maybe you would work the high wire act? You would travel by train and enjoy the countryside in between gigs.

On the other hand, you would be working for a media baron with offices and studios all over the world. Try to avoid the PR department as Elliot is quite short tempered. Work would most certainly be in a corporate setting but would involve, newspapers, magazines, TV or radio. You might work out of Germany or may find yourself in growing Asia division!

What would it be, a life of a circus performer, or a corporate lackey for a huge media conglomerate?
    Octopussy's circus because there's a lot of cute girls that work for Octopussy's circus. They all kick ass, too.
    Good answer @ToTheRight and really the only one!

Lets venture back to some bonding time...see what I did there! The villains of Bond can be charming as hosts. They often have a sense of style and a sense of menace. Lets see who we would rather have a dinner with!

Would you rather have dinner with Kananga OR Kamal Khan?

Bond never broke bread with Kananga but the man had style and grace. He was ruthless but something tells me he would create a meal like no other. Would you enjoy eating a meal with him?

Bond did eat with Kamal and it was a tuxedoed affair. The food choices were bold like our host. Any man that can serve a soufflé is a man after my heart.

Who are you breaking bread with?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm going with Kananga. Kamal's offerings didn't look particularly appetizing and he only wishes to discuss torture and pain. No thanks.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I suppose I’d rather be stared at, and try an exotic dish, than be strapped to a chair, my future and one of my fingers being on the precipice…

Kamal Khan for me.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    I think Kananga would prefer to feed you to the sharks for dinner, at least Kamal has a banquet on offer (even if it does stare back at you)
    Indian food is a fav.
    Kamal, because Magda is most likely to be there, too.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Kamal almost entirely just to hear him speak.
    Can't fault anyone for choosing Khan. Louis Jordan infuses his character with a style and a sense of menace that works.

Okay lets move on to a Bond actor who only did 2 films. Timothy Dalton starred in TLD and LTK. Lets pit Tim against Tim and see which one we'd prefer to watch.

Would you rather watch TLD OR LTK?

TLD, a somewhat classic Bond adventure. Yes the villains plot is somewhat convoluted, and the main baddie is not truly fleshed out. But we have a great sequence with an Aston Martin. We have the Russians figuring in and some true romance between Bond and Kara. We have a more serious Bond with comments about stuffing orders, need to know and snipers making jam of their targets.

LTK, a truly unique adventure. Bond loses his license due to a deep sense of revenge. One ally is suffers severe injuries, and his bride is viciously murdered. Bond is using his wits for much of the movie and the humour may be lacking, but the action isn't. We have a truly three dimensional villain and a wonderful cast of supporting characters. Romance isn't high but the body count is!

Tell us which one you'd rather watch and give us your reasons. Tim's performance? The story, direction, or anything else that would tip one on the scale for you!
    It’s always been a definite LTK answer from me, with the villains being the biggest deciding factor. TLD is a good Bond film, but is weak in the baddies department and also has a much inferior third act to LTK’s. I’d give TLD the edge on PTS, soundtrack, and perhaps first overall third, but I just prefer the overall package of LTK. Also, Pam over Kara, even though I like her fine too.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I love Sanchez and Davi was awesome, but TLD is a top six Bond film. Fantastic Bond adventure...
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    TLD, easily.
    Both, back to back!!
    It's a tie for me.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    LTK.

TLD is good but it is half Dalton, half Moore in many aspects.

LTK is full on Dalton and I prefer that.

Pam > Kara
    Sanchez > Whittaker and Koskov
    Dario > Necros
    LTK Action > TLD Action

Etc
    LTK, no question. TLD is one of my least favorites, though I try very, very hard with each viewing to like it more than I do. It's too drab, with way too many slogs in pacing and entertainment, to keep my interest for long.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    LTK was a bold attempt at a more gritty Bond; while I like certain aspects, it falls short and to often feels like an 80’s tv crime show. Overall the production values are lacking.

LD is pure , vintage Bond; with a few tweaks it would have been an all time classic ; as it stands, for me , it’s a flawed classic.

So, it’s LD for me.
    talos7 wrote: »
    LTK was a bold attempt at a more gritty Bond; while I like certain aspects, it falls short and to often feels like an 80’s tv crime show. Overall the production values are lacking.

LD is pure , vintage Bond; with a few tweaks it would have been an all time classic ; as it stands, for me , it’s a flawed classic.

So, it’s LD for me.

I think I almost adore that about LTK, that it's Bond meets Miami Vice, though it's certainly not without its faults and does dive too much into that '80s TV quality at times. I know others love it but the Barrelhead Bar fight is one of the weakest fight scenes I've ever seen in a Bond film.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    TLD for me.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TLD for me, too.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    TLD for me, as well.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For me, the one thing that would have made LD an all time classic, opposed to a minor classic, would have been a strong villain. Whitaker could have been that but was unfortunately played as a buffoon. A tighter, higher stakes, final third would have made this an undisputed classic.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited November 2023 Posts: 2,517
    The first 60 minutes of TLD is peak Bond, so TLD.
    But LTK is a great action film and has aged well
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Definitely TLD. Smashing debut from Dalton, John Barry's last Bond score and the last Cold War-era themed Bond film. It's just feels more classic Bond for me than LTK.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    TLD by far. It's a top 5 Bond film for me.