Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,562
    Godzilla Minus One Teaser 2

Wow!

• DenbighDenbigh UK
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    That was my reaction as well @Fire_and_Ice_Returns : WOW! I can hardly wait for December 1st.

For the record, the film has already had it’s “red carpet” event in Japan, and reviews from the initial screenings have been very positive. “GODZILLA: Minus One” opens wide in Japan on November 3rd – which is the global “Godzilla Day.” Since this film takes place just after the end of the second world war, this is the first “period-piece” G-film. I’m really curious to see how this will look.

https://mykaiju.com/the-reviews-are-coming-in/

For fans in the US, we have a lot to look forward to, in the lead up as well.
    1. Tickets for the Godzilla: Minus 1.0 will go on sale on November 3rd – with some IMAX screenings actually taking place on October 30th.
    2. Fathom Events and AMC will be screening “GODZILLA 2000” (in Japanese with English subtitles) on “Godzilla Day.” I’m assuming that – as they have for the past several years – TOHO – will be also be include a short “old-school” celebration of one of the older films. This time, “GODZILLA vs. MEGALON” (’73).
    3. SHOUT FACTORY will be repeating their John Carpenter Godzilla watch along of 4 TOHO monster films. And,
    4. PLUTO TV will be steaming all of the Godzilla films on their platform (excluding King Kong vs. Godzilla (’62) and Shin Godzilla (’16).

And while I don’t have Apple+, Godzilla fans also have the MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS program. Not to mention, a new Legendary film next year.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dwayne wrote: »
    That was my reaction as well @Fire_and_Ice_Returns : WOW! I can hardly wait for December 1st.

For the record, the film has already had it’s “red carpet” event in Japan, and reviews from the initial screenings have been very positive. “GODZILLA: Minus One” opens wide in Japan on November 3rd – which is the global “Godzilla Day.” Since this film takes place just after the end of the second world war, this is the first “period-piece” G-film. I’m really curious to see how this will look.

https://mykaiju.com/the-reviews-are-coming-in/

For fans in the US, we have a lot to look forward to, in the lead up as well.
    1. Tickets for the Godzilla: Minus 1.0 will go on sale on November 3rd – with some IMAX screenings actually taking place on October 30th.
    2. Fathom Events and AMC will be screening “GODZILLA 2000” (in Japanese with English subtitles) on “Godzilla Day.” I’m assuming that – as they have for the past several years – TOHO – will be also be include a short “old-school” celebration of one of the older films. This time, “GODZILLA vs. MEGALON” (’73).
    3. SHOUT FACTORY will be repeating their John Carpenter Godzilla watch along of 4 TOHO monster films. And,
    4. PLUTO TV will be steaming all of the Godzilla films on their platform (excluding King Kong vs. Godzilla (’62) and Shin Godzilla (’16).

And while I don’t have Apple+, Godzilla fans also have the MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS program. Not to mention, a new Legendary film next year.

I will definitely have to re install Pluto TV to watch those films, thanks for the tip.

The teaser trailer 2 for Godzilla Minus One has not officially dropped on YouTube yet that's why the resolution was not the best quality, hopefully it will drop soon. The shot of Godzilla in the ocean was awesome.

I have not seen any of MONARCH: LEGACY OF MONSTERS though one reviewer complained Godzilla was hardly in it?

edited October 2023 Posts: 2,641
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, luckily, I have all of the GODZILLA films on DVD, but since I only have the Showa era titles on Blu-Ray, I may also give Pluto TV a try.

A full list of coming events can be found at https://godzilla.com/blogs/news/godzilla-day-2023.

Godzilla-day_preview.jpg?v=1697055633&width=1440
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Godzilla Minus One looks to be what I was hoping for in 2014; Godzilla is an unstoppable force of nature, not a protector of mankind and planet Earth.
    GODZILLA MINUS ONE Trailer 2 Teaser (NEW 2023)

Higher resolution.
    A couple of additional points about GODZILLA: MINUS ONE @Fire_and_Ice_Returns .
    1. While the official US premiere is on December 1st, special screenings will be held on November 29th. I had given the wrong date in an earlier post.
    2. As far as I know, the film will be in Japanese with English subtitles. A similar thing was done with SHIN GODZILLA back in October, 2016 and some fans were not thrilled. Interestingly, for the anime YOUR NAME (2016), TOHO screened both dubbed and subtitled versions in the US.
    3. A GODZILLA MINUS ONE BEHIND THE SCENES Television Special will start airing in Japan next week, so expect to see some “leaked” footage online from that.
    4. Director, Takashi Yamazaki also did the family drama film “Always: Sunset on Third Street 2” (2017). And that film featured a CGI dream sequence that involved Godzilla.

• TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited October 2023 Posts: 997
    A couple of additional points about GODZILLA: MINUS ONE @Fire_and_Ice_Returns .
    1. While the official US premiere is on December 1st, special screenings will be held on November 29th. I had given the wrong date in an earlier post.
    2. As far as I know, the film will be in Japanese with English subtitles. A similar thing was done with SHIN GODZILLA back in October, 2016 and some fans were not thrilled. Interestingly, for the anime YOUR NAME (2016), TOHO screened both dubbed and subtitled versions in the US.
    3. A GODZILLA MINUS ONE BEHIND THE SCENES Television Special will start airing in Japan next week, so expect to see some “leaked” footage online from that.
    4. Director, Takashi Yamazaki also did the family drama film “Always: Sunset on Third Street 2” (2017). And that film featured a CGI dream sequence that involved Godzilla.

I have never been overly keen on dubbed versions of films, much prefer subtitles.

I think i will avoid any more footage of the film now in case they leak too much Godzilla action.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2023 Posts: 15,694

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2023 Posts: 5,869

This looks really good and a lotta fun :)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

new-poster-for-the-killer-v0-gmmvrwjr5twb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=f2bbe45761cd17f4c462a09d701418dbc7caa0a2
    Looking forward to seeing 'The Killer' , getting 'The American' vibes from it, which I loved! Hope I can catch this on the Big screen before it goes to Netflix!
    That is a great poster, think I will get it.
    Those hand-painted posters are gorgeous. I can't wait for this one.
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,562
    I know @Dwayne will be interested in this...

Now And Then – A Brand New Beatles Song ( Film Trailer & Song Demo)
    You are right @Fire_and_Ice_Returns; I'm counting down the days. The "making of" film is only about 12-13, however, and it will be release on The Beatles' YouTube Channel on November 1. The Song comes out the next day, and a music video, on Friday.

I've read (and heard) the accounts of several people that have already seen it (and heard the song): bring tissue, as it is very moving. Having heard Lennon's demo on various bootlegs over the years, I'm already tearing up.
    You are right @Fire_and_Ice_Returns; I'm counting down the days. The "making of" film is only about 12-13, however, and it will be release on The Beatles' YouTube Channel on November 1. The Song comes out the next day, and a music video, on Friday.

I've read (and heard) the accounts of several people that have already seen it (and heard the song): bring tissue, as it is very moving. Having heard Lennon's demo on various bootlegs over the years, I'm already tearing up.

It is a poignant song and very fitting if it is indeed the last ever Beatles song. What ever they do to the demo track I hope it keeps its subtlety and quiet moments.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 15,694

I wonder if Lee Majors has a cameo...
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    He has a Minor role in the film.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    He has a Minor role in the film.

I was a big fan of the TV show, this movie version seems to have missed the mark a bit.
    ‘Highlander’ Remake Will Use Queen Songs From the Original Movie, Director Chad Stahelski Says
    https://www.thewrap.com/highlander-remake-use-queen-songs-chad-stahelski/

Not sure how I feel about this, I think the new film should have it's own identity. I am a huge Queen fan and there music is so woven into the original film.