What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This question has an actual answer. Remember, DAD's Bond would return in 2004's Everything or Nothing, alongside familiar faces such as Dench and Cleese. Bond defeats an evil Willem Dafoe, stops a missile, and ends up with Shannon Elizabeth. A great end for Brosnan's Bond.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    QBranch wrote: »
    This question has an actual answer. Remember, DAD's Bond would return in 2004's Everything or Nothing, alongside familiar faces such as Dench and Cleese. Bond defeats an evil Willem Dafoe, stops a missile, and ends up with Shannon Elizabeth. A great end for Brosnan's Bond.

Then he was right to skip the mission and just go for the ending with Shannon.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters

Do you mean, he settled down with Shannon?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    With Bond the choice is really death or battling accidie.

So I could see him in an Old Soldier's Home. Chasing skirts, old and young. Turning up his nose at the food, substituting his own. Frustrating the staff that deserve it, shepherding worthy souls. Dropping one-liner after double-entendre after witticism after appropriated historical quote. Racing his wheelchair to the spot he can preempt disaster. Confronted with villainous associates from his past set to pasture at the same establishment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeI_fM36TMtwOIpjppmhXZpYJuyz5kQG9OhysaoP3PUXvMDMnj
    0813%20OV%20Cover%20Ben%20Pratt%20James%20Bond-thumb-200x300-119907.jpg
    With Bond the choice is really death or battling accidie.

So I could see him in an Old Soldier's Home. Chasing skirts, old and young. Turning up his nose at the food, substituting his own. Frustrating the staff that deserve it, shepherding worthy souls. Dropping one-liner after double-entendre after witticism after appropriated historical quote. Racing his wheelchair to the spot he can preempt disaster. Confronted with villainous associates from his past set to pasture at the same establishment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeI_fM36TMtwOIpjppmhXZpYJuyz5kQG9OhysaoP3PUXvMDMnj
    0813%20OV%20Cover%20Ben%20Pratt%20James%20Bond-thumb-200x300-119907.jpg

That's kind of fun, now I'd liked to see this 😂
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    SIS_HQ wrote: »

Do you mean, he settled down with Shannon?

yep, he just passed on the mision,as Dafoe was never goig to be able to send the missile anyway, and just went off on.. eh.. .with Shannon.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited August 2023 Posts: 4,985
    Wow what a great discussion. Kind of cool to predict what happened to our favourite secret agent.

Lets move to a less impactful character, one that only appeared once in the series. She was handy with a shaker, drove a convertible with ease and avoided getting a bite from our friend Jaws!

I am talking about the lovely Manuela from MR. She showed our man what to do in Rio when you don't know how to samba! Last seen going to rest after a struggle with Jaws. I have to ask, whatever happened to Manuela from MR!

R.c50b817d405708b76b6c77d272c8f3cb?rik=mddECTN3NzhyDA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fde.web.img2.acsta.net%2fr_x_600%2fnewsv7%2f15%2f11%2f02%2f15%2f59%2f4004290.jpg&ehk=Vqorj%2bB8k%2f%2bEobAHLgUSl%2fOk0%2b4nq9URGqT7JFZ8yWM%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    You know, I really love the scene of Bond talking sincerely to Manuela after he'd saved her from Jaws, I think Moore showed a bit of humanity in there, I really see the concern in Moore's face while doing that scene.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,629
    Given my prior posts on this matter, all I can say is that Manuela and I met in the summer of 1985 when she was assigned a case that brought her to New York, and I assisted in her investigations.

And yes, we did mamba (along with some other dances) during our down time. However, beyond that .... well, a gentlemen should never talk... :-$
    edited August 2023 Posts: 13,048
    5c8b94e4-7ce1-4df5-8fb2-9b52c05c8cbf_text.gif

It's the Samba!
    4663fa4fd9007a2b80fa65888d2cb29e.gif

Not the Mamba.
    4605901c9fe8c2800ce2c553e0625f53.gif

Not even the Mambo in this case. [Thanks to Sophia Loren for this one.]
    tumblr_madn7wsgMW1rync6go3_500.gif

So she gave dance lessons. Plus corrected understanding of herpetology.

And certainly not la Bamba.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Oh boy @RichardTheBruce, do I feel stupid. No wonder, Manuela left me after her assignment was completed. While she never brought it up, apparently, I was getting all of the dances wrong! =((
    Lets jump to another film and discuss whatever happened to Max the parrot from FYEO? He helped our man gain the info needed to get back ATAC. He loved his nuts and was a fun pet for both Melina and her parents!

So Mi6 whatever happened to Max the Parrot from FYEO?
    thedove wrote: »
    Lets jump to another film and discuss whatever happened to Max the parrot from FYEO? He helped our man gain the info needed to get back ATAC. He loved his nuts and was a fun pet for both Melina and her parents!

So Mi6 whatever happened to Max the Parrot from FYEO?

He received an OBE from the Queen.
    Formed an unlikely alliance with Blofeld’s escaped cat after nearly becoming its lunch.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    We just had Max less than six months ago. The entire page 23 is filled with suggestions. Just saying.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    He fly to Rio again to stay as model for Rio 2.
    Bond gifted him to Green Four.
    Max [a.k.a. Chrome] continued the storied past of moving from one beautiful owner to another.

PARROT-DIANA-RIGG-1-A-FOTOR.jpg
    e8731bb48bea1e0e4baa82cb3f03c2c729effb11.pnj
    For-Your-Eyes-Only-0759.jpg

edited August 2023 Posts: 13,950
    Max would go on more adventures with a Lark-smoking Bond.

52550543411_08bdcda824_o.png
    Priceless stuff folks. Yes @j_w_pepper we have done Max before but I thought he was worthy of another attempt!

After watching the films in order I realized there is another character who I don't think we have tackled on this thread. He appears in three films. Always imbibing wine first seen on a beach, then in Venice in the square and finally on the ski slopes in a chalet. Apparently the man loved to travel as much as our fav secret agent!

So folks whatever happened to man with the bottle? victormoonraker.png?resize=660%2C281
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Clearly, he became an animated cartoon and appeared in The Snowman. He’s the drunk tourist on the cruise ship.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    He opened a small wine shop in Cortina d'Ampezzo, and then expanded to one in Venice and one on Sardinia.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    He also started breeding double-taking pigeons quite successfully.
    His planned CR homage/comeback ended up on the cutting room floor.

5a2a74769b5e01d37d62d722f602c1abb441a064.pnj
    "Woah, a blond Bond! This here is some strong $#!+."
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    "Woah, a blond Bond! This here is some strong $#!+."

Or, "A straight flush? You must be joking."
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    After realising that all his vacations ended up with him observing a strange man, doing unusual things and no-one believing him when he told them he saw a Lotus drive out of the sea in Sardinia. A gondola and a double taking pigeon in Venice, and a man on skis crashing across a long table, chased by men on motorbikes with machine guns in Cortina.
    He decided to give up on drinking. The end.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Now works for AA.