Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Just found out that MI Dead Reckoning part 1 opens in Australia on July 8th
    Unusual for a film of this scale to open down under before the US.
    I know what I'll be doing next weekend. B-)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Hell, you guys got SUPERMAN II a full six months before us yanks finally got it!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Benny wrote: »

I better see your review as soon as you're out. I won't get to see it for another three days after that.
  • willowlovewillowlove Kent, WA, USA
    La La Land records has announced on their Facebook page that they'll be releasing the soundtrack to Dead Reckoning Part 1 on 2 CDs July 25.

357357631_755855423217187_3717332774794531526_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xp7Y70ATsoQAX_pr3ZD&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=00_AfDBnp9EjLuuMcPeTduzIZ2APPSyfftUlsLm-Lw8IjwgRA&oe=64A78F29
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2023 Posts: 4,443
    That is weakness of series, no original soundtrack any more after the 3th movie. Not have that yet because it was very dificult to get / not released by Decca. Whyle Fallout have isolated score on first disc, a wide cd release be nice. But Decca should release a soundtrack or that La La should made enough of them (Mabey 20.000) for a wide release that you can stil buy them at other websites like bol.com and start with start price there normaly ask (stil to much..).

I have Speed 2 (Whyle i not have movie movie because Fox not release BD here.) and there asking same price as normaly have cost in 1997. I pay same as for DAD back in 2002. Back then i accepted it but those days it should be cheaper or/and more music. The 33,99 and 40,99 (Bol.com/dvdoutlet ask for last two mi movie's no way.

NTTD is was released in CD single cardboard digipack (way to small), whyle better have choosen for release in Jewelcase with sleeve or digipack, so if there stil do Decca better make it a 2 disc then.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Tom Cruise is the only person to break the land speed record.... on foot. FACT.
    Every bit of marketing I see from this somehow gets me even more excited and amped. Almost one week to go!
    Benny wrote: »

In Poland, the first screenings are also on July 8.
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 118
    Happy birthday Tom cruise
    So pumped for this!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I love that there's a post in the 'Where does Bond go after Craig' thread which said:
    echo wrote: »
    But Roger Moore did it better and more effortlessly than Cruise.
    - which certainly doesn't apply to running, because Roger made sure he was almost never seen running in films! :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I swear MI: Dead Reckoning will end up the second biggest film of the year.
    I know it won't have the same success that Top Gun: Maverick had but I hope it's another one to cross the $1 billion mark. I'll certainly be doing my part to help it reach that number.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2023 Posts: 4,443

Run's a lot in The Firm too (in MI video confirmd he runs a lot in Mi3).

Your mission if your choose to accepted: Soon run fast as you can to cinema near your for Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning experience (and you don't MISS those amazing comercials we have to show you :bz )

mission-impossible-perfumed-apparel-spray-500x500.jpg

Mission+-+Impossible+-+Dead+Reckoning+Part+One+is+the+summer+blockbuster+we+deserve.jpg?format=1000w
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I know it won't have the same success that Top Gun: Maverick had but I hope it's another one to cross the $1 billion mark. I'll certainly be doing my part to help it reach that number.

Same
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 6,677

Same

Yep, twice, in the very least ;)
    Judging from the previous two - it's not. Rogue Nation came in at 8th after movies like Minions and Furious 7, MI Fallout came in 8th after movies like Venom and Bohemian Rhapsody and this year there are a bunch of heavier hitters, too.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited July 2023 Posts: 3,390
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Mission+-+Impossible+-+Dead+Reckoning+Part+One+is+the+summer+blockbuster+we+deserve.jpg?format=1000w

This picture makes me excited to see the film!
    Tom Cruise is really looking good, especially for his age!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2023 Posts: 4,343

That’s possible, but the film must be extremely good in order to pull off a 3.5 multiplier.
    It will need a give or take $250M global launch to reach that…
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2023 Posts: 8,087
    The year is half over and no film has cracked 800 million besides Mario. Fallout came close to 800, and I have to think the reputation of that film, plus TP:MAVERICK is enough to push MI:7 into at least 800 - 900 million, equaling SPECTRE. What other films between now and the end of the year could finish in that range? Oppenhiemer? No biopic has ever made close to that. Barbie? maybe, if it goes viral. Dune 2? The first only made like 400m, Aquaman 2? The DC brand appears to be toxic right now. I think if there is going to be another film in 2023 which flirts with or crossed the billion dollar mark, its Dead Reckoning. But that's just my guess...
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    The year is half over and no film has cracked 800 million besides Mario. Fallout came close to 800, and I have to think the reputation of that film, plus TP:MAVERICK is enough to push MI:7 into at least 800 - 900 million, equaling SPECTRE. What other films between now and the end of the year could finish in that range? Oppenhiemer? No biopic has ever made close to that. Barbie? maybe, if it goes viral. Dune 2? The first only made like 400m, Aquaman 2? The DC brand appears to be toxic right now. I think if there is going to be another film in 2023 which flirts with or crossed the billion dollar mark, its Dead Reckoning. But that's just my guess...

Interesting analysation, @Mendes4Lyfe
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2023 Posts: 4,343

Guardians crossed $800M.
    Oppenheimer will end up in the $500M range hopefully. Speaking about biopics Bohemian Rhapsody made $900M+ but it was a never seen success for a biopic.
    Barbie and Dune has a shot at crossing $800M imo.
    M:I-7 tho will face extremely strong competition and Nolan will steal all IMAX screens from Cruise after just a week. With China not be healthy like before Covid only a stellar word of mouth would be able to push M:I that high.
    As for now the tracking suggest a $90M~ 5-days opening for M:I which is good.
  • The review embargo is over. At 83/100 on metacritic after 10 reviews: https://www.metacritic.com/movie/mission-impossible-dead-reckoning-part-one?ref=hp
    It just jumped to 86. Can't wait to see where it ends up after more reviews come in.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2023 Posts: 15,690
    86/100 on metacritic after 16 reviews, the exact same score as Mission Impossible: Fallout (with fewer reviews, of course).

EDIT:

100% on Rottentomatoes after 54 reviews ; average rating: 8.1/10.

Mission Impossible Fallout is at 97% with an average rating of 8.4/10.

EDIT 2: Now at 97% after 72 reviews.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sounds great; they've done it again.
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 646
    Why is that such a given that it won’t hit Top Gun success? Certainly Mission: Impossible is a bigger brand name than something like Top Gun (a one-off from the 80s). It’s not a franchise like M:I is. Top Gun: Maverick was a surprisingly good movie but I don’t think it’s as good as anything from the M:I franchise nor do I think the general public look forward to a Top Gun movie the way they look forward to the latest M:I film, especially with how each new film seems to be able to top the previous one.

Why is that such a given that it won’t hit Top Gun success? Certainly Mission: Impossible is a bigger brand name than something like Top Gun (a one-off from the 80s). It’s not a franchise like M:I is. Top Gun: Maverick was a surprisingly good movie but I don’t think it’s as good as anything from the M:I franchise nor do I think the general public look forward to a Top Gun movie the way they look forward to the latest M:I film, especially with how each new film seems to be able to top the previous one.

Because Top Gun: Maverick had the perfect storm of being an exciting movie that virtually everyone wanted to see, mixed with the "revival" of theatrical success during the pandemic that continued to boost its numbers.

But hey, if you think this new one will make nearly $1.5 billion, more power to you. I'd love to see it hit those numbers.
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 252
    97 % after 78 reviews on RT, wow that's really impressive. Can't wait to see it on sunday in the biggest IMAX Cinema in Austria

Edit: Another Behind The Scenes Video