The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• Thank you. It’s good to be back. The one downside to participating in these quizzes is I am a terrible quizmaster and not good at thinking of a good question to follow on. So I’ll apologise if this is too easy.

What do these movies have in common:
    TMWTGG, YOLT, TLD, OP, DAF and GE?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    @Cdr_Bond - I just want to let you know I'm thinking about it but haven't found the angle yet. I'd appreciate to keep you on this thread, and I hope some others will also try to find the answer to your riddle.
  • Quite alright. I’ll be checking in frequently to ensure the thread can continue.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I was thinking they all end with Bond on a boat, but that doesn't work for TLD or GE.

Then I thought about convertibles, but I can't recall if OP has him in a convertible?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    thedove wrote: »
    I was thinking they all end with Bond on a boat, but that doesn't work for TLD or GE.

Then I thought about convertibles, but I can't recall if OP has him in a convertible?

Well the Range Rover in the PTS is convertible.
    But if that was the answer, then we’re missing more movies. DN, FRWL and TB to name a few.
  • Perhaps if I group the movies differently.
    YOLT, DAF. TMWTGG, OP. TLD, GE.
  • It’s also nothing to do with a vehicle.
    All feature an actor appearing as a different character?

Shane Rimmer YOLT and DAF
    Maud Adams TMWTGG and OP
    Jon Don Baker TLD and GE

But then we are missing Spy for Shane and AVTAK for Adams (LOL)
  • I’ll give it 👏 however, I was thinking Charles Gray for YOLT and DAF. Over to you Dove.
    Thanks funny that I would forget the obvious and go with Rimmer! LOL!

Here is my question:

Sean Connery did something that no other Bond has done before, or since, he referenced a previous film title of his in a line of dialogue. Some feel it was placed as an Easter Egg others suggest it was coincidence.

Tell me the Bond film this occurred in and what was the line of dialogue?
    The Bond film is Thunderball.
    Whilst saying goodbye to Patricia Fearing, Bond says, Another Time, Another Place.
    A 1958 film featuring Sean Connery?
    Correct! Nice one @Benny to my knowledge it's the only time this has occurred in a Bond film. I like to think Connery was giving a wink to the audience.

Over to you!
    Thanks @thedove
    Okay, the following films don’t feature something as far as transport goes.

FRWL
    OHMSS
    TSWLM
    AVTAK
    LTK
    TND
    CR
    QOS
    QOS
    SF
    &
    SP

What is it?
    A couple of these films could be included, but there’s a reason why they’re not.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I was going to say spacecraft including satellites, but TND has at least that CMNG satellite, and there are more films than those listed that don't have spacecraft.
    Not spacecraft or satellites. But thanks for kicking things off.
    Benny wrote: »
    Not spacecraft or satellites. But thanks for kicking things off.
    You're welcome. Any comments on my geoguesser question in turn, perhaps? I might just post the solution and retire that game afterwards.
    And here's yet another one I want to save from being forgotten. I'm no smarter than the last time, but maybe someone has an idea...that he/she wouldn't have if the thread ends up on the third or fourth page anyhow.
    Perhaps a hint, will help.
    Think of films like YOLT and GE in particular.
    Wait: How about...a convertible?
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Wait: How about...a convertible?

Keep going...
    edited January 2023 Posts: 8,657
    I'll reduce this to convertible cars that Bond is either driving or in which he is a passenger:

Dr. No: Sunbeam Alpine, Chevy Bel Air
    GF: CIA Lincoln Continental
    TB: Fiona's Mustang, Bond's Continental in Nassau
    YOLT: Aki's Toyota 2000GT
    OHMSS: Tracy's Mercury Cougar
    DAF: Peter Franks' Triumph Stag
    LALD: Mini Moke
    TMWTGG: Goodnight's MGB
    MR: Mini Moke
    TND: V8 Volante ('nuff said)
    GE: Z3
    TWINE: Z8
    DAD: Ford Fairlane 500 (in Cuba)
    NTTD: Land Rover (in Jamaica)

I guess it fits, though I'm wondering which other movies you referred to at the end of your question. I can say that Bond is riding in a convertible in OP as well, at least the PTS Range Rover that Bianca is driving, so maybe your criteria are different from mine above.
    I’m going to give it too you @j_w_pepper
    The answer is, the films I listed don’t feature Bond in or being driven in a convertible.
    FRWL features a convertible, though we don’t see Bond in it.
    Over too you.
    This will take some thinking, but I hope to be back by tonight our time.
    OK, I'll stick with means of transportation, and this should be crackable with a bit of research. The ship (the big one) that is in the picture is moored somewhere in a U.S. river delta and is being restored piece-by-piece by its private owners. What is its connection to the Bondverse? And under which name was it originally built, which also has a kind of connection to a Bond location?
    wvhcalif50ctw.jpg
    Full disclosure, in case you want to search for it: I tilted the Google Earth image section sideways (to the left) to save space here. The bow points to the North.
    I'm stubborn, and I'm determined to keep this on the first page. I'll add as a hint that this is in a California river delta, and it ís obviously a passenger ship.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well, I know the answer, but only because I googled it! Is that cheating?
    No, that's perfectly all right. As I repeatedly said, I like these games to be a learning experience, and the best way for that is doing some research. So fire away, @mtm.
    Awaiting your solution, @mtm, and then your next question. I also like to solve riddles, not just to post them.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sure, it's Blofeld's yacht from FRWL, then known as the Delos. It was originally built as the Wappen von Hamburg, which I guess you're linking to TND maybe? :)
    You're absolutely right, and I kindly request you to supply the "crowd" with the next question.