James Bond as a Christmas special

SilvermothSilvermoth Australia
Hi everyone,

Every year there’s discourse over die hard being a Christmas movie. Last year I noticed a lot of people wanted to watch a Bond film over the holiday season but there wasn’t one other than the Christmas Jones joke in the world is not enough.

So my question to you is, how would you make a Bond Christmas movie or one that mentions Christmas at all

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    OHMSS is considered by many to be thee Christmas Bond film, and many traditionally watch it on the day. There are a handful of other films that mention or reference Christmas, such as MR, DAD, the last three Craig films. You also have Solstice which I consider to be thee Christmastime Bond comic, unless of course there is a better example I haven't read yet. That story appears to take place on Christmas Eve.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    fc39faba6b77ea4aadd9e0f0c07af5781bc48422.gif
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Did she really say "James BONK movie"?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Did she really say "James BONK movie"?

She had the bonking on her mind.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 12,914
    Mmm. Psychiatrists.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Mmm. Physchiatrists.

Gee, I thought she was a nuclear physicist,
    Not what she said.

edited January 2023 Posts: 17,727
    Fleming's OHMSS occurs around Christmas and into New Year. John Gardner's Win, Lose or Die (1989) is also partially set at Christmas and I posted a snippet from it on the annual Christmas thread here where Bond was describing his last Christmas with his parents.
    In CR M Christmisses the Cold War.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    How about we have a James Bond Christmas special, like the Guardians of the Galaxy just did. It could be released on PRIME just in time for next holiday season.

The plot: seems Matilde is looking for the hottest toy has her Christmas gift. Madeline claims to have all the time in the world and postpones getting her the gift. Tanner and Moneypenny catch wind of this and immediately head out to the stores to discover the shelves are empty. They decide to see if Q can supply them something, but since they don't do exploding pens anymore, he sends them away. With a deadline approaching and still no gift for Matilde, Moneypenny takes a risk and heads to Skyfall to see if there is an ancestry gift she can give. Tanner decides to take a different approach and does an online search, he locates a store in Italy that has the toy, dispatching Nomi in her Aston Martin. She narrowly is beaten to the toy, a chase on the empty night streets of Rome happens. Sadly they are all unable to provide Matilde with her gift. Gathering in Norway, the team sings "Do they know where Christmas trees are grown" as the end credits play!

I think we can get this green lit! LOL
    So not like Star Wars.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Very good.

There's also a reference in DAF when Bond compliments Q on his voice changer device.

M's an old miss.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,727
    Double jeopardy.
  • Doesn’t Bond head to Piz Gloria on the 23rd of December in the OHMSS novel? I’d imagine it’s pretty similar in the movie, even if it’s not directly stated.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    thedove wrote: »
    How about we have a James Bond Christmas special, like the Guardians of the Galaxy just did. It could be released on PRIME just in time for next holiday season.

The plot: seems Matilde is looking for the hottest toy has her Christmas gift. Madeline claims to have all the time in the world and postpones getting her the gift. Tanner and Moneypenny catch wind of this and immediately head out to the stores to discover the shelves are empty. They decide to see if Q can supply them something, but since they don't do exploding pens anymore, he sends them away. With a deadline approaching and still no gift for Matilde, Moneypenny takes a risk and heads to Skyfall to see if there is an ancestry gift she can give. Tanner decides to take a different approach and does an online search, he locates a store in Italy that has the toy, dispatching Nomi in her Aston Martin. She narrowly is beaten to the toy, a chase on the empty night streets of Rome happens. Sadly they are all unable to provide Matilde with her gift. Gathering in Norway, the team sings "Do they know where Christmas trees are grown" as the end credits play!

I think we can get this green lit! LOL

Nice work!
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Thanks @mtm I had myself laughing! LOL! With some of the specials we see now, it wouldn't surprise me if this did get made. LOL!