What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Bianca managed to make it to Miami, and had an exciting night with Bond. After that they parted ways and she was send on another mission to Romania, smuggeling whatever western countries wanted to go in, and smuggeling easter eggs out of the country. After the fall of communism, she kept on doing what she did best, and started her own transport company:
    https://www.facebook.com/Bianca-Transport-111858830170560/
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    What ever happened to Bianca? A better question may be "what ever happened to Tina Hudson"?! :))

I seem to recall, that it was later discovered that she was actually underage at the time of the film. What I do remember, is that she did a pictorial for a men's magazine after OP was released (and no, I'm not going to insert the photo here!). Just google "Tina Hudson Gallery Magazine" =))

As for "Bianca" that armed Caribbean nation didn't hold the affair against her, and she later decided to retire (early, very early) to the island and marry that "Castro" like leader that was giving her an approving once over.

Note: There are actually several people with that name on the internet, but I can't confirm which one is really her.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Yes the actress was underage when she filmed her scenes. Gives the whole thing a bit of a creepy vibe. But maybe in Miami Bond took her for an ice cream?

Love the mustache references to her character. Styling the right stache for the right client since 1983! LOL!
    Okay lets turn the spotlight to another small, minor character!

This was one of the few times that Bond interacted with a minor. He was hustling tourists on the river in Thailand and selling wood carvings. The boy had the pleasure of jumping on the boat and while our man didn't buy his goods he did suggest a payment of 40,000 Baht to fix his boat.

When the youth did his end of the bargain, our man Bond unceremoniously pushed the youth back from where he came. Last seen yelling at Bond from the river, I have to ask. Whatever happened to the young boy from the river in TMWTGG?

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The boy was smart enough to go to the British embassy and claim his cash there. After threatening to go to the local papers about the chase he saw, and that he knew a suave Englishman was involved, he got his 40.000 baht. Worth at the time close to 2000 dollars, he used the money to get himself onboard a cargo vessel going to the USA. There he started his wooden elephant business in Nevada, luckily the one left Republican stronghold where everybody wanted to show their allegiance to the party (it helped he painted them red, white and blue).
    It left him a small fortune with which he started his own stock-trading company. Now, he's retired, and wealthy.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    360_F_167450712_8JHklcW82jLkysa26JAd3iL8lWFOcrdb.jpg

Devoted self to the fight against the poaching of elephants.

Gave up on hawking tourist curios based on the unreliable market.

Still, the wood carving continued as an obsession. Following visions of a future meeting with an old acquaintance.

1a4467186646eee9281a58a05bc3c9eb8150cba3.pnj
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited January 2023 Posts: 3,390
    Simple, when he grew up and finally found that the man who pushed him to the river became a UNICEF Ambassador, he sued him a 40,000 Baht, or else he will reveal to the press the kind of Child abuse/cruelty that this man had done to him before so United Nations would exterminate him from his position because he thinks that man doesn't deserved to be a UNICEF Ambassador. :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,929
    He would later get a job as a car salesman at the local American Motors, honing his skills as a negotiator on customers - all of which were pretty ladies or very handsome men. He became familiar with an old urban legend going around the workplace about a redneck and an Englishman who stole a car by driving straight through the shop window, bloody tourists.
    QBranch wrote: »
    He would later get a job as a car salesman at the local American Motors, honing his skills as a negotiator on customers - all of which were pretty ladies or very handsome men. He became familiar with an old urban legend going around the workplace about a redneck and an Englishman who stole a car by driving straight through the shop window, bloody tourists.

Okay this cracked me up! Well done.

I love all the responses so far. The creativity of this group never fails to delight me!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    As an aside, inflation really seems to be a bitch. In my version of TMWTGG, Bond promises the boy 20,000 Baht, not 40,000... Bloody tourist indeed.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited January 2023 Posts: 3,390
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    As an aside, inflation really seems to be a bitch. In my version of TMWTGG, Bond promises the boy 20,000 Baht, not 40,000... Bloody tourist indeed.

I mean yes! You've been there! @j_w_pepper
    You've witnessed it!

I'm now wondering if Maybelle also knew it?

He's really a bloody tourist, I mean Bond let the Thailand Police arrested you when both of you had reached Scaramanga's garage.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Them pointy-heads jes' didn' know nothin' 'bout law enforcement...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited January 2023 Posts: 6,786
    I think this little fellow might have become Zao :))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    GoldenGun wrote: »

He'll be Blofeld in the next Bond actor's era.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The author of all Bond's pain cause Bond pushed him off a boat. He tortures Bond with a wood carving.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 17,804
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The author of all Bond's pain cause Bond pushed him off a boat. He tortures Bond with a wood carving.

It could tie into the idea they had at one stage for Spectre to make Blofeld a tribal leader or warlord.
    You mean because conventional wisdom in the Western ("white") cultures think that all the Asians look the same? I don't subscribe to that, while accepting that probably most of the Asian population think the same about (ethnic) Europeans. Still I suppose that Zao is either ethnic Chinese (most likely, as it corresponds at least with a Chinese character) or Korean (less likely), only judging by the name.

But even in a fun thread it's probably going too far to think a Thai boy from the 70s could somehow become a Korean hitman in the late 90s. And yes, I know, I'm just spoiling the fun here.
    You mean because conventional wisdom in the Western ("white") cultures think that all the Asians look the same? I don't subscribe to that, while accepting that probably most of the Asian population think the same about (ethnic) Europeans. Still I suppose that Zao is either ethnic Chinese (most likely, as it corresponds at least with a Chinese character) or Korean (less likely), only judging by the name.

But even in a fun thread it's probably going too far to think a Thai boy from the 70s could somehow become a Korean hitman in the late 90s. And yes, I know, I'm just spoiling the fun here.

The American actor Rick Yune who played Zao is of Korean descent, so that works well.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

I was just referring to the fact that Bond pushed him off a boat and that he might have had a grudge against him forever.

Not meant to offend anyone, and if I did I apologise.

I was just referring to the fact that Bond pushed him off a boat and that he might have had a grudge against him forever.

Not meant to offend anyone, and if I did I apologise.

No offence taken. I'm sure it's something Purvis and Wade have already thought of! 🙄
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    No offence taken. I'm sure it's something Purvis and Wade have already thought of! 🙄
    I take offence that you didn't take offence. It's my right. As an 'Australasian'.
    I take offence that you didn't take offence. It's my right. As an 'Australasian'.

You guys have social etiquette all upside down. You're right that it is your right though and I will fight for your right with an all new Bill of Rights which I will personally write. Right?

You guys have social etiquette all upside down. You're right that it is your right though and I will fight for your right with an all new Bill of Rights which I will personally write. Right?
    Cheers to you and that other bloke, Bill. But I'm afraid I'll have to owe you:
    gg+longtail+kid.gif

Cheers to you and that other bloke, Bill. But I'm afraid I'll have to owe you:
    gg+longtail+kid.gif

"Bloody Aussies! You owe me uncorrected proof copy of Never Send Flowers!" ;)
    Time to jump forward a few years! Our man Bond finds himself in Paris and is in need of a taxi. The driver was on his lunch and so Bond takes matter into his own hands and throws the driver out. After much yelling and chasing of Bond the poor driver was not seen again. Though we can only imagine his reaction when he sees his beloved taxi chopped in half and without a roof!

So my dear colleagues, I ask you, whatever happened to the French Taxi Driver from A View to A Kill?
    Sadly after Bond drove his taxi he had to start charging half fares.
    Didn't his short-car become something of a tourist attraction ?
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,012
    BelovedVacantBoar-max-1mb.gif
    paris.gif
    ezgif-3-6182341d8a.gif

c9e6e507ded3f64a0b6d5171fc1c47ea20a9746a.gifv
    3eb801e96655f5ff6dc726d92f70b1e9c98da329.gifv

Paris Taxi Driver, sentimental to a fault, kept the 1983 Renault 11 TXE (not the 1978 Renault 20 TS 2 Litres) pieces garaged long beyond what he likely would have if it remained in one piece. Prozac helped him cope.

Until many years later, he experienced an unexpected windfall and reversal of fortune.

bond1.png
    james-bond-renault-11-txe.jpg
    james-bond-renault-11-txe.jpg

Plus the merchandising didn't hurt.

car_bond53_2__36866.1629175690.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    collecting_bondinmotion_renault.jpg
    41xETAZQrwL.jpg
    That's not a Renault 20, but a Renault 11. See also the base of the model in one of your pictures. And it's never seen more than a 1.7 litre engine. Just saying.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,012
    Mmm yes. Just correcting.

So this: https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_2624-Renault-11-X37-1983.html

And not this: https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_15187-Renault-20-R1272-1978.html

Too bad. The R20 seems funnier.