Bond 26 Title

Comments

I will say a Fleming title might get me more excited about an actor I am lukewarm about like if Aaron Taylor Johnson is bond number 7 if he had death kills tomorrow today as the title meh but if his first film is The Hildebrand Rarity that could get me more excited for him
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    A Spy And More.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I will say a Fleming title might get me more excited about an actor I am lukewarm about like if Aaron Taylor Johnson is bond number 7 if he had death kills tomorrow today as the title meh but if his first film is The Hildebrand Rarity that could get me more excited for him
    I don't think THR has that blockbuster ring to it. Risico is the best of the remaining story titles IMO.
    HighRise.
  • A Spy And More.
    I would like to see the word "Spy" used more. "Death", "Kill" have been overused in my opinion and it would be great to have something echoing Bond's profession ("Once Upon A Spy" still being a favourite of mine).
    A Spy And More.
    I would like to see the word "Spy" used more. "Death", "Kill" have been overused in my opinion and it would be great to have something echoing Bond's profession ("Once Upon A Spy" still being a favourite of mine).

Yeah. "Once Upon A Spy" is a good one. Peter Morgan's early script treatment for Skyfall, I think.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    A Spy And More.
    There is that quote, "the life of spies is to know, not to be known." The Life of Spies?
    History Is Forever.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Spy Me or Fire Me.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    A Spy And More.
    Yeah. "Once Upon A Spy" is a good one. Peter Morgan's early script treatment for Skyfall, I think.
    One of my favourite unused titles that one :)
  • A Date With A Spy
    Spyballs
    Denbigh wrote: »
    A Spy And More.

Yeah. Me too :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A Spy And More.

I like it. It has a kind of 1960s The Man From UNCLE film vibe to it.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    A Spy And More.

I like it. It has a kind of 1960s The Man From UNCLE film vibe to it.

True. It does.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Spyballs
    1uw4swuam3d61.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=11712c11664fe3c41647c936b380b8456179aa87

A Spy And More.

In which case, think I've got it !
    Here we go: Death Kills a Spy
    Should we look at Columbo titles

The most Crucial Game
    Death lands a Hand
    An exercise in fatality

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    For King and Country

Apologies if used before...
    You heard it here first, folks! ;)
    Twice In One Day.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 17,804
    The Breathless Beat of Angels' Wings.

Took it from some dialogue in a Columbo episode (The Conspirators).
    Pen To Paper.
    Something Of A Must....from OHMSS.
    Sovereignty Unbound

No clue what it means, but It has a ring to it...😁
  • SilvermothSilvermoth Australia
    For King and Country would be a fun new name for a remake of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. But probably too soon to do a Tracy storyline or people will think they’re just redoing Vesper
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2023 Posts: 14,951

I don’t love that one, but I have wondered why the comics haven’t seemed to try to come up with vaguely Bond-ish titles; as this thread shows, I don’t think it’s impossible. This one works at least.
    Something Of A Must....from OHMSS.

Yeah, there’s something to that one. 👍
    I love that cover, super Bondian
  • NoTimeToLiveNoTimeToLive Jamaica
    edited January 2023 Posts: 67
    A Spy And More.

Out of curiosity, why do people like this one so much? It sounds like a fairy tale title and it is soooooo cliched. The "Once Upon A X" formula and its variants like "Twice Upon a X" have been used so many times I'm annoyed every time it is used again. It's a bit like "Rise of X" or "The Good X" (The Good Doctor, The Good Place, The Good Dinosaur, The Good Nurse), it's such an uninspired formula because of how overused it has become.