Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited January 2023 Posts: 2,871
    @Creasy47 Apparently ATJ shot a gun barrel. Unlikely as I believe he’s had long hair and a beard the last few months from what others have pointed out.

Also, I don’t think they’d cast anyone without an audition. From what we can tell no official auditions have taken place (ie. no registering of companies for Bond 26, no news of studios at Pinewood being used for test shots etc). This is why I suspect even if ATJ has had a meeting with producers it’s more to break the ice about these rumours and possibly even to gauge if he even has any interest in the role.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Interesting. Yes, I'd say you have a fair point there about its credibility. I also heard that one rumor about stunt training going on at Pinewood already, though wasn't sure how likely that was when virtually nothing is in place yet.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Interesting. Yes, I'd say you have a fair point there about its credibility. I also heard that one rumor about stunt training going on at Pinewood already, though wasn't sure how likely that was when virtually nothing is in place yet.

Yes, that seems a bit dubious too. I mean, surely to train for stunts you have to know what the stunts will actually be first? Not that I know for sure...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Isn't the whole gunbarrel announcement in March a separate rumour? So even if that doesn't happen ATJ is still in with a chance of being cast.

Yeah, I think the gunbarrel/March thing is a total fabrication; but I do think he, and most of the actors mentioned in this thread, are in genuine consideration; and I tend to believe the story that he's met with them. He might not even want the role, but you'd still meet with them.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    007HallY wrote: »
    The voice thing really isn’t a big deal in itself. What matters is the actor’s ability to adapt their voices to the role and how expressive they are in terms of tone. Some of the best actors of all time actually had quite high pitched, even nasal voices but could mould them to their characters (ie. Marlon Brando, Young Al Pacino).

For some it is .
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It's nice to have some "believable" rumours to talk about on here.

I'm not against ATJ, but his voice is high pitched and thin, I'm not really sold on his look without facial hair either but he seems like a good actor, I could see him in the role
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2023 Posts: 5,869
    mtm wrote: »
    Isn't the whole gunbarrel announcement in March a separate rumour? So even if that doesn't happen ATJ is still in with a chance of being cast.
    Yeah, I think the gunbarrel/March thing is a total fabrication; but I do think he, and most of the actors mentioned in this thread, are in genuine consideration; and I tend to believe the story that he's met with them. He might not even want the role, but you'd still meet with them.
    Yeah exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron Taylor-Johnson was interested, more so now after seeing what Craig has done. I feel him and Craig are cut from the same cloth in many ways, which I think makes him more appealing considering his superficial traits lean more towards a more traditional Bond.
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    It's nice to have some "believable" rumours to talk about on here.

I'm not against ATJ, but his voice is high pitched and thin, I'm not really sold on his look without facial hair either but he seems like a good actor, I could see him in the role

His voice is my big issue with him. But maybe it's like baldness for Connery: maybe ATJ can modulate his voice, make it lower somehow.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

That's a curious caption isn't it? Wonder if that is meant to be a hint
    How about either Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Bond and Lucient Laviscount as the villain, or vice-versa ? How about one as Bond and the other as "villain ? friend ? Hmmmm" and start a series for them, too
    Jordo007 wrote: »

That's a curious caption isn't it? Wonder if that is meant to be a hint

I think there should be an announcement soon. I kind of hope so. And as much as I'm skeptical about ATJ, at the moment my money's on him.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Respectfully, I don’t see a single thing that says James Bond.
    I actually thought he was a doctor or nurse. ;))
    Now that would be strange casting. Lol
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Do you agree with this guys casting of the next bond ?
    Since62 wrote: »
    How about either Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Bond and Lucient Laviscount as the villain, or vice-versa ? How about one as Bond and the other as "villain ? friend ? Hmmmm" and start a series for them, too

I thought about it some more, and, if they were to do a branch-off series, or a streaming show, they could go contra-expectations and make it about a Villain.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    ATJ isn't my first choice, nor is he on any list of actors I would suggest. However, he is not a bad choice for the next James Bond. Personally, I think he would be a very credible candidate for the role.
    I still have the likes of Nicholas Hoult, Tom Hughes and Sope Disiru high on my list of potential actors to fill the shoes of 007.
    Benny wrote: »
    ATJ isn't my first choice, nor is he on any list of actors I would suggest. However, he is not a bad choice for the next James Bond. Personally, I think he would be a very credible candidate for the role.
    I still have the likes of Nicholas Hoult, Tom Hughes and Sope Disiru high on my list of potential actors to fill the shoes of 007.

Sope Disiru. Do you really think eon would cast him as bond or must bond,
    superman,spiderman etc be Caucasian ?
    Sope-Dirisu-e1600768188224.jpg
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 1,215
    He wouldn’t necessarily be my choice, but ATJ is interesting. He’s the right age, the look works, solid chops. What I struggle with (and what could ultimately be the genius of it) is that he’s a bit of a blank slate. Not in the wooden Henry Cavill way but in the sense that he’s a bit of a chameleon and doesn’t necessarily have a well known “identity” as an actor.

It’s hard to know what to expect from ATJ and I could easily imagine him being a questionable choice, I could just as easily see him having something interesting up his sleeve and blowing the producers away. I could see him playing it close to Craig/Dalton, I could also see him being a modern day Roger Moore… It’s not necessarily an exciting choice per se, but it’s one that would get my gears turning as far as where they’re taking the character.

I see absolutely no reason why they couldn't. He's the right age, ticks many boxes as too what we think of as James Bond. Is a good actor. EON themselves have said, they're not against casting an actor of colour.
    He wouldn’t necessarily be my choice, but ATJ is interesting. He’s the right age, the look works, solid chops. What I struggle with (and what could ultimately be the genius of it) is that he’s a bit of a blank slate. Not in the wooden Henry Cavill way but in the sense that he’s a bit of a chameleon and doesn’t necessarily have a well known “identity” as an actor.

It’s hard to know what to expect from ATJ and I could easily imagine him being a questionable choice, I could just as easily see him having something interesting up his sleeve and blowing the producers away. I could see him playing it close to Craig/Dalton, I could also see him being a modern day Roger Moore… It’s not necessarily an exciting choice per se, but it’s one that would get my gears turning as far as where they’re taking the character.

Great post @battleshipgreygt
    ATJ is a versatile actor. It is possible as you said that he has/had something interesting up his sleeve, that blew the producers away.
    He also fits in that area, where he's well known as an actor, but mostly in supporting roles. Maybe he's ready to take the next step to lead?

I see absolutely no reason why they couldn't. He's the right age, ticks many boxes as too what we think of as James Bond. Is a good actor. EON themselves have said, they're not against casting an actor of colour.

ATJ is a versatile actor. It is possible as you said that he has/had something interesting up his sleeve, that blew the producers away.
    He also fits in that area, where he's well known as an actor, but mostly in supporting roles. Maybe he's ready to take the next step to lead?

I would have said the same, "not against casting an actor of colour".
    Benny would you cast an actor of colour as bond if it was your job to do so ?
    Would anyone else on this forum ?
    I wouldn't tbh.

I wouldn't tbh.

Well, as I have Sope Disiru high on my list of potential Bonds, then the answer is yes.
    It's not that I want an actor of colour in the role. I think the casting of the role of James Bond should go to the actor who possesses the qualities to portray the character the best.
    Of the suggested candidates for Bond, I can easily see Sope Dirisu having many of the qualities I see in Bond.

I wouldn't tbh.

Well, as I have Sope Disiru high on my list of potential Bonds, then the answer is yes.
    It's not that I want an actor of colour in the role. I think the casting of the role of James Bond should go to the actor who possesses the qualities to portray the character the best.
    Of the suggested candidates for Bond, I can easily see Sope Dirisu having many of the qualities I see in Bond.

It certainly would be interesting to see how the james bond films go at the box office if an actor of colour is cast as bond or even superman,spiderman etc that's for sure.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 2023 Posts: 2,923
    It's not that I want an actor of colour in the role. I think the casting of the role of James Bond should go to the actor who possesses the qualities to portray the character the best. Of the suggested candidates for Bond, I can easily see Sope Dirisu having many of the qualities I see in Bond.
    This is the crux of it. I don't have any time for stunt casting and I don't think that Bond should be 'raceswapped' just for the virtue points or to amuse George Soros or to outrage traditionalists. I never wanted Idris for the role - not because he's black, but because I don't think he has any of the qualities that I want to see in Bond. In contrast, Sope does have (IMO) all of the qualities to 'portray the character the best', as Benny says. That's all I'm gauging this on (although I do realise that this raises the 'but the character isn't black' argument - which is a legitimate counter: not straightforward, this!). I'm not sure that EON are ready to make the leap this time out, though - and, as they want the next actor to play Bond for a decade, that'd mean that Sope will never be Bond, because he'll be too old next time around. I suspect that he's going to be added to the 'Men Who Could've Been...' list.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just found this video of Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Jonny Bernthal, maybe Aaron just showed this to Barbara when she asked him about action?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ATJ's got some impressive reload skills in that video.
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 784
    Lesbians with guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    ATJ's got some impressive reload skills in that video.

I agree, he’s certainly got something about him.
    Despite some sentiments to the contrary, I have faith in EON to deliver.
    A general rule I have for Bond is no actors who looked like they can beel blown over by a strong wind.

So no to Johnson, Hoult or, to bring up an older choice, Rupert Friend.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How did you feel about Brosnan?