How did you picture Bond while reading the novels.

124»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Margaret Thatcher as Vivienne Michel: "The lady's not for burning." It could work.

Well,,in her prime Thatcher was from what I understand quite pretty.
    Vivienne Michel I imagine her looking like one Québec actress or another.

In 1985 the then French President Francois Mitterand said that Margaret Thatcher had "the eyes of Caligula and the mouth of Marilyn Monroe." A good quote. She certainly had something remarkable about her to stay in office as prime minister for eleven and a half years, the longest term of any PM in the 20th Century. Clearly, Liz Truss could've done with taking notes.
    Margaret Thatcher as Vivienne Michel: "The lady's not for burning." It could work.

In 1985 the then French President Francois Mitterand said that Margaret Thatcher had "the eyes of Caligula and the mouth of Marilyn Monroe." A good quote. She certainly had something remarkable about her to stay in office as prime minister for eleven and a half years, the longest term of any PM in the 20th Century. Clearly, Liz Truss could've done with taking notes.

Liz Truss was more like a conservative Barbie doll. Problem with today's tories is they see a woman tory politician, they think she's the next Maggie Thatcher. They start getting wet dreams about whoever Maggie 2.0 is and they lose all critical thinking. With Liz Truss they just did a massive projection and she was foolish enough to believe them.
    Anyway, rant over.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    To be honest, with most books I read, I’m not sure I have a visual image of the characters at all. I’m a person who tends to think in words rather than pictures, so I’ll think “OK, the hero is a short blond man” without building an image of that in my head, if that makes sense.

100% how I read books
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Liz Truss was more like a conservative Barbie doll. Problem with today's tories is they see a woman tory politician, they think she's the next Maggie Thatcher. They start getting wet dreams about whoever Maggie 2.0 is and they lose all critical thinking. With Liz Truss they just did a massive projection and she was foolish enough to believe them.
    Anyway, rant over.

Yes, Truss was a political lightweight and I'm ashamed that I actually advocated her over Rishi Sunak in the Tory leadership contest over the summer. Clearly, Sunak was on the money when he was criticising her reckless economic policies but at the time he just seemed very harsh and talked over her all the time in debates. Put that down to an ex-chancellor's frustrations. Anyway, Sunak eventually got his chance to be prime minister but I can't see the Tories winning the next general election in 2024 and the country is no doubt ready for change again.
  • SilvermothSilvermoth Australia
    I pictured a younger Christopher Lee. Which is interesting because that’s so different to the movie version obviously