Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

McQuarrie's twitter feed is exactly the type of engagement that fans love. He loves his classic movies and, obviously, 100% engaged with TC to produce a quality end product.. A nod to Waldo Pepper has been mentioned and I loved his comment "All aviation movies walk in the shadow of The Right Stuff".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Part 1 is set to receive a four minute IMAX trailer attached to IMAX showings of the latest Avatar film.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Part 1 is set to receive a four minute IMAX trailer attached to IMAX showings of the latest Avatar film.

I wonder if it's linked to the video they released and took down earlier this week?
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Dead Reckoning, so this is it.

Bond sets the standards again! Because the title came from one of Fleming's Chapter Titles, it's in Moonraker (Chapter 14)!

I don't know if it's accidental or not, but Fleming should be given some credits for how creative was he.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well it is a phrase, not sure he invented it! :) It's a naval term.
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    Dead Reckoning, so this is it.

Bond sets the standards again! Because the title came from one of Fleming's Chapter Titles, it's in Moonraker (Chapter 14)!

I don't know if it's accidental or not, but Fleming should be given some credits for how creative was he.

Yeah, that's definitely not a term that Fleming invented.
  • Don't forget there's also a 1947 Humphrey Bogart film titled DEAD RECKONING, if we needed any more proof that Fleming did not invent the phrase in 1955. I had forgotten that it was a Fleming chapter title, though. That's certainly an interesting little footnote!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2022 Posts: 14,934
    A new, typically insane video message from Cruise!

How does that camera work?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2022 Posts: 4,438
    On youtube..

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 12,988
    High altitude thrilling over the top action with a real world tease. Seems like they're running out of ideas. But I joke.

Love the MR-style safety glasses Tom is sporting can't be happenstance.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess, as in MR, they're chosen as to not show up on camera as much as possible.
    mtm wrote: »
    I guess, as in MR, they're chosen as to not show up on camera as much as possible.

Probably because, and I can't recall this very well, in the last footage of him in that biplane, he was wearing the same outfit, but no glasses. I think.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    i'd rather see another trailer to be honest haha :D
    What a legend. I hope he somehow manages to freefall and catch that biplane in midair or something.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »
    i'd rather see another trailer to be honest haha :D

It’s funny how we only just got the Indy teaser and had an MI teaser in the summer, but Indy comes out first I think! :)
    His hair is messy.

I jest, teasing about the present-day "complain about everything" behavior online.

How does he not get dizzy doing that spinning bit as he falls further away from the camera ? yikes...

I saw this yesterday, it was a great birthday present.

Say what you want about Cruise, but his determination to excite an audience is fantastic. He constantly creates cinema magic
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    What a legend. I hope he somehow manages to freefall and catch that biplane in midair or something.

He starts in the plane, jumps out for a mid-air scuffle, then skydives back to the plane, and continues flying it like he's Rico Rodriguez in Just Cause.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Say what you want about Cruise, but his determination to excite an audience is fantastic. He constantly creates cinema magic

Happy Birthday for yesterday!
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Cheers mate
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,271
    MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 7: Dead Reckoning Extended Behind the Scenes Look (2023)

Tom Cruise '...It all comes down to one thing, the audience.'

There will never be another Tom Cruise.

• He’s beginning to grate with all the showboating. Just get on with it. Like it or not, at the end of the day it’s all about his ego. Ooo, look what crazy thing I’m doing now. I mean he’s not doing anything for me with this clip. It’s just Tom doing his latest crazy thing. I feel like he’s slowly creeping back to that crazy Oprah couch jumping period. Why? Because he’s Tom and he can’t help himself. Of course the Scientology thing isn’t helping. In fact I think that’s what messed up his head to begin with. Coming out as its spokesperson in the 2000s only made things worse. That’s when he started acting weird.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I feel like he’s slowly creeping back to that crazy Oprah couch jumping period.

Ironically, quite a leap.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,021
    He’s beginning to grate with all the showboating. Just get on with it. Like it or not, at the end of the day it’s all about his ego. Ooo, look what crazy thing I’m doing now. I mean he’s not doing anything for me with this clip. It’s just Tom doing his latest crazy thing. I feel like he’s slowly creeping back to that crazy Oprah couch jumping period. Why? Because he’s Tom and he can’t help himself. Of course the Scientology thing isn’t helping. In fact I think that’s what messed up his head to begin with. Coming out as its spokesperson in the 2000s only made things worse. That’s when he started acting weird.

I can’t disagree with any of this. Every time he makes a big show of how he’s having the time of his life I can’t help but think how fake it all is. Yeah, being an absentee father for an organization that bullies people and their families is great!

I get it. The 2000s was a pretty bad decade for him in terms of popularity and he worked his ass off hard to recover from that slump of a decade. He finally restored that image for the 2010s and continues working hard to maintain it via social media and big attractions over his stunt work.

In spite of all that, I still admire his commitment to film. He hasn’t made a movie I didn’t want to go see (okay, I skipped THE MUMMY, like everyone else of course).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I enjoyed that, thanks. An extended version of the BTS clip which came out last week and got deleted.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Endless volumes could be written documenting the eccentricities of creative people, specifically filmmakers, as far as Tom is concerned, audiences benefit immensely from mis “ madness” . or ego, whatever one wants to call it.
    All actors have egos. It's part of the "why" of what they do. "It's all about Tom's ego", er, yeah. Thanks detective.
    I enjoyed that, thanks. An extended version of the BTS clip which came out last week and got deleted.

Same here. It's great seeing these things form and fall into place in these BTS featurettes.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2022 Posts: 14,934
    All of the stuff with the rehearsal jumps at the quarry wasn't there on the previous version and was very interesting.
    The GPS thing to help them shoot the action the way they wanted to is extremely clever.
    Doesn't matter how many times I've seen it already, that stunt's going to blow me away when I finally get to see it in cinemas next year.