Who could've done a Bond theme?

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Okay maybe not this particular song.

Toy Dolls - James Bond lives down our street
    https://www.shazam.com/track/5355605/james-bond-lives-down-our-street
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    The Stones could still do one.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 8,657

I'm with you on that one. I could also envision Annie Lennox still doing a Bond theme. Her solo albums are fantastic. Still one of the best voices in popular music. Forget the Adeles and Eilishes of this world, this is the real thing.

Edit: Alas, it won't come about. It will probably someone teeny-popular as usual when the next movie comes out.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

“Simpatico” is “the closest we’ll get to a James Bond song,” says Aubert, who immersed himself in movie scores as the album was coalescing.

Silversun Pickups - Simpatico (Official Audio) (5:19)

Silversun Pickups - Simpatico (Live Debut) - Velvet Jones Santa Barbara CA 6/2/19 (5:41)
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited December 2022 Posts: 3,382
    I think Gonzo Brown could make a good Bond theme (in terms of voice), just saw this shared by MTV on their facebook story.

While this song might not sound Bond, his voice would have been interesting to hear in a Bond song.

Just listen to his voice alone.....

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited December 2022 Posts: 3,382
    This song was obviously made with Bond in mind.....

You can hear the Bond theme in this song..... And it's played repeatedly in this song.

• Little Simz

• edited January 2023 Posts: 784
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2023 Posts: 4,416
    Gabriels https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriels_(band)

When i did my sugestion of Sam Smith in January 2014 i sugest him based on his first single, his money numbers (as joke to Madonna) and then it turm out he be winner of BBC's new talent of year list of 2014 and and to celebrate this he was in Dutch talk show

Also new talent of year be: Adele in 2008, Sam Smith in 2014 and Billie Elish in 2018. Gabriels be on talent list of 2023. When i sugest Billie with including that producers mabey thinking she was too young for Bond 25 and mabey option for Bond 26 then (Whyle FYEO girl was very young too). Discover later she was on the list of BBC too.

And all 4 have thing:
    Adele: Not small person
    Smith: Gay
    Billie Elish: Born after 11 September 2001
    Gabiels: Singer is not small (and black*)

* Refer to fact some people make a thing about black actres playing Moneypenny and Daniel Craig is a Blond Bond.

Dua Lipa was on the list too in 2016 and also making a lot of money, her parents move from country in trouble to UK where she is born. She is a lot of people wishlist and mabey not having her for Bond 25 be good thing, because she fit better now. But Bond 27 wil be made with help of Warner (MGM/Amazon/Warner) and she is like Madonna a Warner singer (Soundtrack from DAD also was made by Warner).

Amy Winehouse was asked for QOS but not on BBC list, her thing: Drugs user and depression (Link with Bond in QOS and fact Fleming died after second heart atack because he was deprest and smoke to much. See EON 2013 documentry about Fleming vs Kevin Mcclory.)

Iam left handed person (like Paul McCartney) and not English. Stil i hope some day there can let it go and go for none English or American singer (who is fames in VS), Because i whant ''Rondé'' (The Dutch Duran Duran/AH) from my country doing a Bond song.

Gabriels means Angels, Bond is Angel now and it is time that he go down to earth (FYEO..) again.

He sound a bit like Rufus Wainfright.

This video is made with help of Amazon who gonig to make Bond 26 with MGM & Universal.

Simple Minds Women
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria

Like Depeche Mode, Goldfrapp were naturally made for James Bond.

Like Depeche Mode, Goldfrapp were naturally made for James Bond.

Hasn't she gone solo now? I agree though, Goldfrapp would have done a good theme!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    renno61 wrote: »

Last week I saw them in concert ; they were outstanding.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,898
    So, AI tackled this... Closer to a lost Bond theme than Lady Grinning Soul ever was, although it's not very Bowie-alikey after the first half-minute or so, tbh!

• George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited August 2023 Posts: 541
    Hooverphonic - Mad About You

Attached to a montage someone made of Cary Grant to better illustrate the point:
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,483
    Aside from Michael Hutchence from Inxs and Amy Winehouse, I think George Michael was one of the biggest missed opportunities. The man was a wonderful singer and very talented songwriter

This is an unreleased George Michael demo called "One Day I'll Know", I heard it years ago and thought had he have finished it, it could have fit perfectly as a Bond song either for TWINE or QOS, it has those ominous opening strings and that understated quiet storm vibe. I think someone like David Arnold could have weaved it through the score really well
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Could've and should still do a Bond theme!

talos7 wrote: »
    Could've and should still do a Bond theme!

Not bad I think it's about time for a more rock type Bond theme