Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    My mind is broken thinking about that.

My mind was broken trying to solve the puzzles they took me a bit longer that the 3 dimensional ones lol

If a block exists in a fixed position in the past when you travel to the future the block will be in the same place. The block in the future you can take back to the past, the future block can move freely as long as the block in the past does not move. If the block in the past moves the future block then seizes to exist and that the easy part :))

Those Portal games require too much thinking to be a fun and relaxing pc game for me..... :))

10 puzzles in on Portal Reloaded I am already stuck, its too early in the morning that's my excuse, the game is giving me a migraine :))

Oh, Portal Reloaded can be pretty daunting!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2022 Posts: 2,341

My mind was broken trying to solve the puzzles they took me a bit longer that the 3 dimensional ones lol

If a block exists in a fixed position in the past when you travel to the future the block will be in the same place. The block in the future you can take back to the past, the future block can move freely as long as the block in the past does not move. If the block in the past moves the future block then seizes to exist and that the easy part :))

Those Portal games require too much thinking to be a fun and relaxing pc game for me..... :))

10 puzzles in on Portal Reloaded I am already stuck, its too early in the morning that's my excuse, the game is giving me a migraine :))

I must have played Portal for only about 20 mins or so before i uninstalled it. :))
    "Stuff this" i thought and went back to playing Doom....... :)>-
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Oh, Portal Reloaded can be pretty daunting!

The puzzles are certainly taking longer to solve than the previous games, a good challenge none the less.

I must have played Portal for only about 20 mins or so before i uninstalled it. :))
    "Stuff this" i thought and went back to playing Doom....... :)>-

I finished the first 2 games they are both great once you get into them, though admittedly sometimes a good shooter is a lot more fun lol
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »
    capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1592494101
    Finally managed to map keys to my controller to be able to play TRIII on STEAM to a satisfactory level, fun bit of nostalgia this was the first TR game I fully completed back in the 90's I later went back and completed the first 2 games after finishing TRIII.

---
    I had such a weird dream the day before KC died. I rarely ever dream, I just snore my head off until I wake up but in this dream, I was helping Batman with whatever mess was going o in Arkham Asylum. Such a weird and random dream.

Anyway, last game I played for the umpteenth time was Metal Gear Solid 2 (skipping none of the cut scenes and codec calls). As the years go by my appreciation for the game goes up.

Was the the Metal Gear Solid game with the Oil Rig and Harrier Jet boss fight?

Yes, that's the one.

Good game I remember the format of the game being distinct a combination of 3D and 2D, I must have owned it on PS1 its was probably too early for PS2 though I maybe wrong. I would not mind revisiting the game, the only Metal Gear game I currently own is The Phantom Pain.

Edited: Just remembered I have MetalGearRising: Revengeance on my Xbox I have not even played it, I must have bought it when it was on offer and forgot about it. Not sure where this game fits in with the series. Just playing the tutorial Raiden has some lethal attacks.

MGS2 definitely came out on the PS2 AND xbox, I think but not on the psone. Metalgear rising takes place after the events of MGS4 but I haven't played it either. What do you think of the phantom pain?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Bought Doom Eternal for £8.74 on the Playstation Store (PS5) and having a blast so far. Great follow up to Doom 2016.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Made it through the Palisade Bank mission, without giving away my presence. I spooked one of the guards on the top floor. Upon leaving the lift, I went to the office on the left. I turned on my cloaking perk and went in through the door. Of course, when the door opened and nothing entered, he goes to investigate, but by that time, I had crossed the room, and was already up one flight of stairs.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,447
    Mallory wrote: »
    Bought Doom Eternal for £8.74 on the Playstation Store (PS5) and having a blast so far. Great follow up to Doom 2016.

Good to see another DOOM fan! I loved the 2016 game, @Mallory, and am looking forward to some spare time for Doom Eternal.

My favourite game in the series remains Doom 3 The BFG edition.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Mallory wrote: »

Doom Eternal is a Masterpiece of a game. One of the best ever ?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1592494101
    Finally managed to map keys to my controller to be able to play TRIII on STEAM to a satisfactory level, fun bit of nostalgia this was the first TR game I fully completed back in the 90's I later went back and completed the first 2 games after finishing TRIII.

---
    I had such a weird dream the day before KC died. I rarely ever dream, I just snore my head off until I wake up but in this dream, I was helping Batman with whatever mess was going o in Arkham Asylum. Such a weird and random dream.

Anyway, last game I played for the umpteenth time was Metal Gear Solid 2 (skipping none of the cut scenes and codec calls). As the years go by my appreciation for the game goes up.

Was the the Metal Gear Solid game with the Oil Rig and Harrier Jet boss fight?

Yes, that's the one.

Good game I remember the format of the game being distinct a combination of 3D and 2D, I must have owned it on PS1 its was probably too early for PS2 though I maybe wrong. I would not mind revisiting the game, the only Metal Gear game I currently own is The Phantom Pain.

Edited: Just remembered I have MetalGearRising: Revengeance on my Xbox I have not even played it, I must have bought it when it was on offer and forgot about it. Not sure where this game fits in with the series. Just playing the tutorial Raiden has some lethal attacks.

MGS2 definitely came out on the PS2 AND xbox, I think but not on the psone. Metalgear rising takes place after the events of MGS4 but I haven't played it either. What do you think of the phantom pain?

I had a PS2 so it was definitely the console I had when MGS2 was released, i switched over to Xbox when the 360 was launched.

The Phantom Pain
    is OK I have only played some of the earlier level's. graphically its good. I have way too many games on Xbox and PC now that I often move from one game to another without completing many of them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Any FromSoftware fans who have played/beaten Sekiro? I know it's an entirely different playstyle required compared to all their other games and I've always been horrible at parrying in titles like this but was wondering if anyone's had a similar experience because I'd love to play it. I've been watching a lot of gameplay from it the last few days.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Anyone play and or like Cyberpunk 2077? I need a new FPS open world after beating Fallout 4 and all the DLC's as well as Far Cry 3-6. I did pick up the second Watch Dogs game a few months back and it isn't bad, actually it's pretty good. However, I'm not a huge fan of 3rd person with the exception of Splinter Cell and my Ps4 controller likes to continously disconnect while playing. And yes, my battery is always charged.
    Anyone play and or like Cyberpunk 2077? I need a new FPS open world after beating Fallout 4 and all the DLC's as well as Far Cry 3-6. I did pick up the second Watch Dogs game a few months back and it isn't bad, actually it's pretty good. However, I'm not a huge fan of 3rd person with the exception of Splinter Cell and my Ps4 controller likes to continously disconnect while playing. And yes, my battery is always charged.

My opinion may be irrelevant today because I played/completed/got the Platinum on Cyberpunk 2077 when it released. It was buggy, I required a couple of save-scumming moments to avoid some of the more egregious issues, and most of all, it crashed constantly on my PS5.

Having said that, it's only one of the coolest and most atmospheric open-world sci-fi universes I've ever experienced. If not for the bugs, wonky A.I., and complete lack of juicy, RPG-like content to play, I doubt I would've been able to put the game down. Thankfully, I'm sure it runs and looks way better today but it burned me bad on release and I've not had much of a desire to return to it. It was pretty much the catalyst for me deciding to stop buying into day one gaming purchases anymore. I've only caved once this year - Elden Ring - cause I knew it'd be absolutely worth it, and it was.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have almost pulled the trigger on Cyberpunk, a few times, especially now that it can be had for around £20. I don't know what is stopping me. I have heard that the game has improved somewhat, compared to the fecal mess it was at launch.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 40,368
    It was so horrible at launch that they really should've cut their huge losses and given everyone, regardless of how they purchased it, a refund if they wanted one.

I'm personally grateful for the bad experience, however, because, as I said, it led me to stop buying any half-interesting title day one. The state of day one releases, more often than not, are poor or at least not worthy of their $60-70 price tag. Even a lot of the developers I once trusted have let me down too much lately.

I think the next one I'll get day one is Resident Evil 4, because those RE remakes have really delivered and I never got to play the original anyway. RE4 and John Wick: Chapter 4 releasing on the same day is going to be glorious.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 13,882
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It was so horrible at launch that they really should've cut their huge losses and given everyone, regardless of how they purchased it, a refund if they wanted one.

I saw plenty of footage of it at the time, they should be ashamed for releasing it in that state. Patches or no patches. What they don't understand, is first impressions count. It's like when I played Heavy Rain, my first attempt was stopped by a glitch. I tried everything, it wouldn't let me progress beyond a certain point. I had to nuke my save, and start from scratch. On my second attempt, I couldn't settle into the game, because in the back of my mind, I kept waiting for the glitch to happen again.

But it's an RPG, and they are the games I want to build my channel around, so i'll grab a copy of it at some point. For £20, that's a budget title price.
    I think the next one I'll get day one is Resident Evil 4, because those RE remakes have really delivered and I never got to play the original anyway. RE4 and John Wick: Chapter 4 releasing on the same day is going to be glorious.

I don't understand why they are remaking Resident Evil 4. It's not aged that much, and they already re-released it on the last gen consoles. I would have preferred if Capcom had put their resources into making a new RE game.
    @MajorDSmythe, I feel you there. And the kicker was the first teaser for the game had come out something like 8-10 years before the release of the game, so it's not like fans would've been distraught had they taken another year or two to get it in a good state. Why put that much time and energy into development if you're going to release a broken title and ruin all first impressions? It makes no sense.

As for RE4, it looks like they're updating it to the same style of the RE2 and RE3 remakes, which does look vastly different from the aiming style and whatnot of the original.

I'm still confused on what the next original RE title is meant to be. I was under the impression that the 9th game would conclude the Winters' storyline and yet they just did exactly that with a $20 DLC, so I have no clue where they'll go next. Either way, I've loved the last two titles so I'm excited for the future.
    I didn't know that there was another RE game in development. I hope that the cold reception that the R3 remake had, won't put Capcom off bring bringing Jill back. Come on, Capcom, give us Jill again.

I haven't played RE7 and RE Village yet. But I know that RE7 was hailed as a return to the series' survival horror roots. Revelations was a return to roots, but that game sadly didn't get the praise of RE7. More's the pity.
    They marketed the new chunk of titles as a trilogy so I'm hoping they stick with that, anyway. I guess they could've considered it "wrapped" now and that they don't need to do a ninth but I'm sure they'll keep the series moving forward in some form or fashion eventually.

I'd love to get Jill back or some other major players who get a more focused approach. That'd be great.

And yes, RE7 was too scary for my tastes upon release but I came back to it when I saw the whole game, DLC and all, on sale and ended up managing to beat it and get the Platinum. It was really, really hard (Madhouse Difficulty is no joke) but it was a lot of fun. Village had some real promise in its opening and first act but felt a little uninspired and cheesy as it went along. The scares and atmosphere were quickly zapped from the world in favor of more shoot-'em-up sequences and large scale battles, which I didn't like.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 13,882
    They marketed the new chunk of titles as a trilogy so I'm hoping they stick with that, anyway. I guess they could've considered it "wrapped" now and that they don't need to do a ninth but I'm sure they'll keep the series moving forward in some form or fashion eventually.

I haven't followed the games for some time, so I didn't even know about this planned trilogy.
    I'd love to get Jill back or some other major players who get a more focused approach. That'd be great.

At the least, I would love another Jill centric game. We don't know what Jill is up to. Given what happened to her between Revelations and RE5, she must be carrying around some psychological trauma. It could make for an interesting twist on the RE forumula. More psychological. I feel that they wanted to attempt a PTSD Jill in the RE3 remake, but didn't fully explore such an avenue.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,102
    black-mesa.jpg
    20200218005632_1.jpg?fit=2560%2C1440&ssl=1
    Bought a few games and DLC's in the STEAM Christmas sale including Black Mesa, graphically so far it looks great.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to Half Life and Half Life:Source as the game progresses.

In between the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale and that Steam Holiday Sale, my wallet is hating me.
    In between the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale and that Steam Holiday Sale, my wallet is hating me.

I know what you mean, thankfully I have run out of space on my PC hard drives 1.5TB in total so its curbed my spending. I am going to have to buy a 2TB SSD. :))

I know what you mean, thankfully I have run out of space on my PC hard drives 1.5TB in total so its curbed my spending. I am going to have to buy a 2TB SSD. :))

That's the spirit! I'll need an external HD for my PS5 soon enough. My girlfriend favors the CoD titles and two of those alone take up nearly 250 GB of space. It's such a joke.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,102

That's the spirit! I'll need an external HD for my PS5 soon enough. My girlfriend favors the CoD titles and two of those alone take up nearly 250 GB of space. It's such a joke.

I have 3TB on my Xbox 2TB is external, my Xbox is only 65% full in total.

I did uninstall a lot of games as the console became sluggish, I try to keep my internal hardrives relatively empty compared to external.

The biggest game on my Xbox is Red Dead 2 124GB.

The biggest on my PC is Dirt Rally 2.0 109GB.
    1_125.jpg
    It's been a long ass time since last played this, and yet so much is coming back to me as I play. Out of the blue, I had an urge to play The Saboteur and seeing as I already had my PS3 set up, why not...
    1_125.jpg
    It's been a long ass time since last played this, and yet so much is coming back to me as I play. Out of the blue, I had an urge to play The Saboteur and seeing as I already had my PS3 set up, why not...

I wanted to play this back during the 360 days but never got around to it.

As for me lately, I flew through The Witcher 3 on PS5, got the Platinum (my fourth Platinum for the game), and dove into Dark Souls Remastered for the first time ever yesterday. I'm digging it, but definitely takes some getting used to with how clunky it feels and how archaic some of the design is.
    1_125.jpg

I wanted to play this back during the 360 days but never got around to it.

As for me lately, I flew through The Witcher 3 on PS5, got the Platinum (my fourth Platinum for the game), and dove into Dark Souls Remastered for the first time ever yesterday. I'm digging it, but definitely takes some getting used to with how clunky it feels and how archaic some of the design is.

It's worth picking up if you have a PS3 or 360. Think of an open world game, like GTA, WW2 style.
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Banjo-Kazooie (1998) on the N64. A lifelong favorite. Highly recommended.
    Started the year off with injustice gods among us mobile game
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited January 2023 Posts: 2,032
    Playing Evil Genius 2 thanks to it now being on Playstation Plus. It is a lot of fun and very well designed visually, but it does have a lot of design quirks which can make playing it a little frustrating.