OMEGA appreciation thread (formerly Reliable Omega replica watches?)

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Two brand new Divers celebrating the 60th Anniversary, one in steel and one in white gold.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    And the blue one (maybe both) has a very snazzy back with a little animated Bond in the gunbarrel :)
    Yes both. The Canopus gold one comes within a “mango tree” wood case. I wasn’t able to find the price while the steel one costs 8500€.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited November 2022 Posts: 8,009
    I love the steel one with the blue face, but I'd have to get a new bracelet for it if I were in the position to afford one. The Jamaican-inspired bevel on the other one is ghastly looking. I can see what they were going for but the design just doesn't work for me.

I'm mainly just glad to see that they've reduced the size of the overall watch. In recent years it's felt like Omega have trying to out-Rolex Rolex in terms of size. The watches were always better when they were slimmer and sleeker.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Agreed, the Canopus gold one is definitely not for me. I'm good with the straps on the blue one, though, the milanese loop and the NATO strap I've seen it with are both great.

Milanese Loop is what Apple calls it lol, not sure if it's the general term for that kind of bracelet.
    My current watch has an Oyster bracelet. It's always been my preferred choice. Though you're right, you can't go wrong with a decent NATO strap. I've seen people wear them with the bulkier watches, however, and they always just look a bit odd to me. One of those weird mental things I have.
    My current watch is a slightly bulkier, divers style watch with a NATO strap, so maybe I'm just used to it.
    What's your watch of choice, @NickTwentyTwo? I'm currently wearing a Seiko Solar Chronograph 200m. It's a good watch. I've another Seiko Automatic that I bought myself a few years back. For sentimental reasons, I'm wearing the chronograph a lot more lately as it belonged to my Dad.
    Mine's nothing special, it's a Fossil that I bought because it looked like a Bond diver. :))

But I've had it forever now and it's in really rough shape, and one of the glow in the dark indicators has fallen off inside the case and sometimes messes up the time by blocking the second hand. :)) Should get a new one but I'm attached to this one now.

316937713_477262271165422_2152231694452846492_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=L9d5vJDsrdcAX8Ls668&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=00_AfDE7YQSuVuNW5lu6kXe4iaqlHxLRuEjUuec6sIVJ5HILw&oe=6383BFF8
    You're sentimental about it.
    Mallory-Blue-Suit.jpg
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    Eying a pre-owned Seiko SKX013. Budget, edit: not titanium, reliable automatic and 37-38mm.

604196390d9928622de6940584752614.jpg
    Strapcode-Watch-Bands-W_SS201805B087_Seiko-SKX013-MT_1200x.jpg?v=1597046832
    ae9f0ffb6839b1d80f6f61b27ab4bcd7.jpg
    Eying a pre-owned Seiko SKX013. Budget, titanium, automatic and 37-38mm.

604196390d9928622de6940584752614.jpg
    Strapcode-Watch-Bands-W_SS201805B087_Seiko-SKX013-MT_1200x.jpg?v=1597046832
    ae9f0ffb6839b1d80f6f61b27ab4bcd7.jpg

This is my automatic! I absolutely adore it.
    You're sentimental about it.
    Mallory-Blue-Suit.jpg

As long as I’m head of my wrist I’ll pick my own watches.

Well I won’t because I can’t afford any other ones.
    I know the feeling, @NickTwentyTwo :))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2022 Posts: 14,861
    I can’t get on with natos; they have that buckle that sits on the side of your wrist right on the vein, I find it uncomfortable.
    You can’t go wrong with an SKX, RoyalDecree.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    SKX013 was the best value proposition until they discontinued it. Now I have trouble finding another one with the same specs, dimensions and retro diver design.

My wrist is too thin for 40mm+ watches, which I find way too imposing anyway.

Seiko should bring this one back.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2022 Posts: 14,861
    SKX013 was the best value proposition until they discontinued it. Now I have trouble finding another one with the same specs, dimensions and retro diver design.

Have you got into the Aliexpress scene at all? Some of those are crazy good value for the specs you get. I have this one (not my pic), which is a nice 38mm, and not ripping off a particular design too much, although clearly going for a vintage Submariner aesthetic. Seiko movement, ceramic bezel, sapphire crystal, very good build quality- better value for money than Seiko itself. There are comparable watches on there for cheaper too.

WBu34B_kjwXNpOWJfUn0M8WKpqwq6oDNn3BPsNdQ0Nw.jpg?auto=webp&s=130563ddaaf2d82bc0a3438ee1e7669304d9ea49

They've also just started doing this 39mm one which I think is very nice.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Nice to see the old waves making a comeback on the Bond 60th Anniversary watch. I really like that its a mash up of past elements of Bond's Omega's. From the waves dial of the old SMP to the lollipop seconds hand of the Spectre as well as the mesh bracelet from the NTTD watch. They're all integrated into the design of the watch. And the 60 on the bezel where a lume pip is usually at is just IMO really subtle without having to scream 007 or 60th Anniversary all over the dial of the watch. They saved all of that for the caseback. Brilliant.

The good ol' wavy dial...
    52522054698_cca23ef5c7_b.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The animated case back is rather clever too.
    All the design elements of past Bond Omega's integrated into the design. When the classic waves SMP makes out with the Spectre and NTTD Omega, boom, you get the 60th Anniversary watch :))

52521836529_34925d51ca_b.jpg
    I don't really see any of Spectre in this watch... where do you see it?
    edited November 2022 Posts: 972

The lollipop seconds hand of course.
    I guess; they all have that. May as well have said the Omega logo. ;)
    They’re both clearly inferior compared to the NTTD one that with its vintage color palette and titanium lightness it’s an absolute win.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Took me far too long to work out why it has a 60 on the bezel instead of the usual triangular pip. 60th anniversary of course... :D
    I think the titanium is cooler too, although in photos the steel does have a lovely look to it.
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    Until I win the lottery, this is the closest I will get I imagine. Ln7sUEMTFbeFfu4ZNp7I79BMGWbm1RYlAfJrVA2h.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=4096&ixlib=php-3.3.1&w=4096&s=7ca8f967d909840dc072e823997f928e
    matt_u wrote: »
    They’re both clearly inferior compared to the NTTD one that with its vintage color palette and titanium lightness it’s an absolute win.

Blue always wins.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    JustJames wrote: »
    Until I win the lottery, this is the closest I will get I imagine.

Nice!
    I would imagine some homages to this 60th watch to pop up pretty quickly- they've got all the bits already after all.
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    mtm wrote: »
    JustJames wrote: »
    Until I win the lottery, this is the closest I will get I imagine.

Nice!
    I would imagine some homages to this 60th watch to pop up pretty quickly- they've got all the bits already after all.

To be honest, I think the homages pre-date this new 60th model - you can already get them in blue and stainless steel lol. (I prefer homages that aren’t one-to-one rip offs as you can see, just enough similarity, but just enough difference.)
    imranbecks wrote: »

The lollipop seconds hand of course.

On second hand thought I am seeing how the Spectre one is unique and carried over to the 60th anniversary. My bad.