OMEGA appreciation thread (formerly Reliable Omega replica watches?)

11011121416

Comments

  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited July 2020 Posts: 801
    matt_u wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Another shot of the Aqua Terra for everyone's viewing pleasure.....

    Elegance.

    49411850778_5fbc5f5871_b.jpg

    Is this a 38.5 mm @imranbecks ?

    Today I tried the new Diver 007 Edition (with the Milanese bracelet not the NATO strap). Insane watch, ridiculously lighter than my steel on steel Seamaster 300. I believe it’s at least 50% lighter.
    My Aqua Terra is 41.5mm, as per the one worn in Spectre and later in NTTD as well.

    The latest Bond NTTD watch is titanium, hence the light weight of it.

    On the official Omega sites the AT 41,5 mm has a slightly different blue, perhaps yours it is not available anymore? Anyway yeah I know about the NTTD Diver. It's just so cool and comfortable. Here's a pic I took at the boutique, with my Seamaster 300 feeling jealous in the background:

    [img][/img]




    My Aqua Terra is still there. Still available. You didn't look hard enough... https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-omega-master-co-axial-41-5-mm-23110422103003
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts: 739
    aWVAV7u.jpg
    Bought my first SMP today. Not the same ref that’s been used in the films, but still close to a Bond watch. Wonderful watch, I’m very happy about it.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    Slazenger7 wrote: »
    [img][/img]
    Bought my first SMP today. Not the same ref that’s been used in the films, but still close to a Bond watch. Wonderful watch, I’m very happy about it.
    Congratulations on getting that SMPc! Looks good!
  • Posts: 623
    Slazenger7 wrote: »
    aWVAV7u.jpg
    Bought my first SMP today. Not the same ref that’s been used in the films, but still close to a Bond watch. Wonderful watch, I’m very happy about it.


    Back when it was Omega’s latest model, the website did still tout it as Bond’s watch, even though 007 hadn’t worn the ceramic model in an EON production. Lazenby does wear it in his 2017 documentary, Becoming Bond. That’s good enough for me! I, too, have it in blue! Congratulations and wear it in good health!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    JET007 wrote: »
    Slazenger7 wrote: »
    aWVAV7u.jpg
    Bought my first SMP today. Not the same ref that’s been used in the films, but still close to a Bond watch. Wonderful watch, I’m very happy about it.


    Back when it was Omega’s latest model, the website did still tout it as Bond’s watch, even though 007 hadn’t worn the ceramic model in an EON production. Lazenby does wear it in his 2017 documentary, Becoming Bond. That’s good enough for me! I, too, have it in blue! Congratulations and wear it in good health!

    Yup its Lazenby's one watch. He is always seen wearing it.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 623
    Still waiting to hear someone say they’re excited for the “new” Bond/Omega partnership 25th anniversary watch. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21093422001001
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Posts: 1,058
    JET007 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear someone say they’re excited for the “new” Bond/Omega partnership 25th anniversary watch. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21093422001001

    $51,900.00 is a lot for a watch...........
    omega-seamaster-diver-300m-21093422001001-l.png
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,568
    The gunbarrell branding is just awful. It’s just a ridiculously overpriced copy of the OHMSS limited edition that came out months ago, but in platinum/gold...
  • Posts: 623
    matt_u wrote: »
    The gunbarrell branding is just awful. It’s just a ridiculously overpriced copy of the OHMSS limited edition that came out months ago, but in platinum/gold...

    An edition that was $6,500. Quite a markup!

    Thanks for posting the photo, @007InAction ! I can never get photo sharing to work on my phone!

  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    JET007 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear someone say they’re excited for the “new” Bond/Omega partnership 25th anniversary watch. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21093422001001

    $51,900.00 is a lot for a watch...........
    01001-l.png

    The price is madness and I'm really not a fan of any of these cheesy Bond limited editions with the 007 seconds hand or gunbarrel on the dial etc. I much prefer the actual Omega models Bond wears on screen.

    The only part I like about that new piece are the platinum numbers that are relief on the bezel.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Posts: 1,058
    JET007 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    The gunbarrell branding is just awful. It’s just a ridiculously overpriced copy of the OHMSS limited edition that came out months ago, but in platinum/gold...

    An edition that was $6,500. Quite a markup!

    Thanks for posting the photo, @007InAction ! I can never get photo sharing to work on my phone!

    It should have a laser in it at that price, like this older model :)
    latest?cb=20161128212047

  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,568
    imranbecks wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear someone say they’re excited for the “new” Bond/Omega partnership 25th anniversary watch. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21093422001001

    $51,900.00 is a lot for a watch...........
    01001-l.png

    The price is madness and I'm really not a fan of any of these cheesy Bond limited editions with the 007 seconds hand or gunbarrel on the dial etc. I much prefer the actual Omega models Bond wears on screen.

    +1.
  • Posts: 5,200
    matt_u wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear someone say they’re excited for the “new” Bond/Omega partnership 25th anniversary watch. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21093422001001

    $51,900.00 is a lot for a watch...........
    01001-l.png

    The price is madness and I'm really not a fan of any of these cheesy Bond limited editions with the 007 seconds hand or gunbarrel on the dial etc. I much prefer the actual Omega models Bond wears on screen.

    +1.
    +2
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    My current trio of Omega Bond watches. I'll take these over the cheesy limited edition models with them 007 seconds hand or gunbarrel themed dial any day of the week :)>-

    49442635688_e48639cff4_b.jpg

    I'd love to add the No Time To Die watch to the trio one day but at close to 13k of my local currency, its just too expensive for what it is at the moment.

    50186981612_68c1c5dfe3_b.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,235
    Not strictly a Bond watch in the middle though ;)
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    mtm wrote: »
    Not strictly a Bond watch in the middle though ;)

    I like to call it my poor man's Spectre. Very similar nonetheless :P
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Posts: 1,081
    matt_u wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear someone say they’re excited for the “new” Bond/Omega partnership 25th anniversary watch. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21093422001001

    $51,900.00 is a lot for a watch...........
    01001-l.png

    The price is madness and I'm really not a fan of any of these cheesy Bond limited editions with the 007 seconds hand or gunbarrel on the dial etc. I much prefer the actual Omega models Bond wears on screen.

    +1.

    100%

    I brought my Omega Aqua Terra 41.5 on the basis that I loved the watch. The fact that Bond and Craig personally wear it was an additional benefit.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited August 2020 Posts: 801
    Octopussy wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    Still waiting to hear someone say they’re excited for the “new” Bond/Omega partnership 25th anniversary watch. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21093422001001

    $51,900.00 is a lot for a watch...........
    01001-l.png

    The price is madness and I'm really not a fan of any of these cheesy Bond limited editions with the 007 seconds hand or gunbarrel on the dial etc. I much prefer the actual Omega models Bond wears on screen.

    +1.

    100%

    I brought my Omega Aqua Terra 41.5 on the basis that I loved the watch. The fact that Bond and Craig personally wear it was an additional benefit.

    Speaking of the Aqua Terra, it's being hailed as the unsung hero of the Craig Bond era.. And rightly so. Many weren't even aware Bond even wore it due to the lack of publicity from Omega themselves..... Check out the latest video below with regards to Bond and the Aqua Terra.

    [VIDEO]
    50224266841_157dc2c69a_b.jpg
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2020 Posts: 1,058
    Nice watch, and silencer..

    EfozlzdXkAEME1C?format=jpg&name=large
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited August 2020 Posts: 801
    Nice watch, and silencer..

    [img][/img]

    The iconic Omega SMP 2531.80. Used by Brosnan in TND, TWINE and DAD.

    50239156288_9ae0cfbddc_b.jpg
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    50263234436_da8e4e0920_b.jpg
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2020 Posts: 1,058
    imranbecks wrote: »
    50263234436_da8e4e0920_b.jpg

    Nice watch.

    Do you have to service those watches ?
    How long do the batteries last on them ? They have to be pressure tested when replaced ?
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts: 739
    They are automatic watches, no batteries, although Brosnan used a quartz Seamaster in Golden Eye which requires a battery. Service has to be done every ten year or so which can be a bit pricey.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Posts: 1,058
    Slazenger7 wrote: »
    They are automatic watches, no batteries, although Brosnan used a quartz Seamaster in Golden Eye which requires a battery. Service has to be done every ten year or so which can be a bit pricey.

    Do you have to wind it or wear it to charge it ?
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    edited August 2020 Posts: 739
    They are self winding so just your everyday use will keep it winded, you can however manually turn the crown for extra power.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    What Slazenger said ;)
    The watch is 8 years old. Still working fine so no reason to take it in for a service. Timing is accurate to about +2 per day.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2020 Posts: 1,058
    imranbecks wrote: »
    What Slazenger said ;)
    The watch is 8 years old. Still working fine so no reason to take it in for a service. Timing is accurate to about +2 per day.

    Do you wear it most days or just on special occasions ?
    How much did it cost ?
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    imranbecks wrote: »
    What Slazenger said ;)
    The watch is 8 years old. Still working fine so no reason to take it in for a service. Timing is accurate to about +2 per day.

    Do you wear it most days or just on special occasions ?
    How much did it cost ?

    I don't wear my Omega for just special occasions.. Lol. I rotate it amongst my other watches and I wear it for at least a few days every month since getting it 8 years ago. So it gets really worn basically.
  • Posts: 5,200
    I've had mine on my wrist everyday since 08. A heavy affair. But I don't want any other.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    Was at my desk when I saw the way the watch looks when the sunlight hits it right.... Beautiful!
    50278373876_d11af65e35_b.jpg 
Sign In or Register to comment.