Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Styles is a terrible actor and should probably focus on which nail varnish to put on next, instead of kicking villain arse. Leave that up to a man.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,363
    LucknFate wrote: »
    2022.05.19%20Paul%20Mescal%20S1270146%20%20Col.jpg

I could see something in Mescal if he nailed a screen test.

Yeah. I think Mescal has that Bond face. The most prominent example being his very straight and long nose.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    QsCat wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Just passing on a question from my wife: what about Harry Styles?

There, I asked.

He has been mentioned recently. And less recently too. There is a lot of repetition in this thread... Naturally though, considering how long it has been running.
    It's a no though,realistically .. please stop mentioning him everyone...

Why should people stop mentioning someone? I don't get that.
    Styles is a terrible actor and should probably focus on which nail varnish to put on next, instead of kicking villain arse. Leave that up to a man.

I didn't think him terrible in Don't Worry Darling. In that film and Dunkirk he showed nothing of nail varnish or tats or whatever. He sure played a very "manly man" in DWD too, so the snarky comment is unnecessary.
    I can imagine Styles' Bond being the most laconic Bond yet.
    Just passing on a question from my wife: what about Harry Styles?

There, I asked.

He has been mentioned recently. And less recently too. There is a lot of repetition in this thread... Naturally though, considering how long it has been running.
    It's a no though,realistically .. please stop mentioning him everyone...

Why should people stop mentioning someone? I don't get that.

I didn't think him terrible in Don't Worry Darling. In that film and Dunkirk he showed nothing of nail varnish or tats or whatever. He sure played a very "manly man" in DWD too, so the snarky comment is unnecessary.

He was terrible in 'My Policeman' and this is Harry on a typical night out:

50223?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=bm6mlvb0OibUkPCeFnzlkudvG48=

Unfit for Bond. Let's be real here.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    5V05mKOl.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    this is Harry on a typical night out:

Were you there with him to confirm this was indeed his outfit on a night out?
    this is Harry on a typical night out:

Were you there with him to confirm this was indeed his outfit on a night out?

Ask uncle Google instead...
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    Insidious parts of the community still here I see. Lovely. We need a surgeon to remove the dead flesh of this society.
  • QsCatQsCat London

You’re talking absolute ****. We don’t need trollish comments like this
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    LucknFate wrote: »
    2022.05.19%20Paul%20Mescal%20S1270146%20%20Col.jpg

I could see something in Mescal if he nailed a screen test.

I dont see anythijg myself

I agree; I did an image search and didn’t se a single photo that in any way said Bond.

You’re talking absolute ****. We don’t need trollish comments like this

Since I joined the community, have you read any comment of mine that bears the markings of a troll, sir? I just noticed if someone makes a suggestion the next guy dislikes, it turns one into a troll, which is turning into a cheap accusation...maybe that's why some members on here, get upset and leave. I have seen suggestions I don't really like myself or agree with, but I choose to respect people's opinions. I would suggest you do the same, sir. Also, have a liberal mind as you anticipate the announcement of Bond 7, so the chosen one doesn't look like a shock. Oh, and sir....once again, I'm no troll. I'll amicably take my leave now.
  • I think just about every handsome, dark haired Brit gets their name tossed into the Bond conversation whether they’re appropriate or not. Harry Styles strikes me more as a Ben Whishaw Q type or MI6 analyst than a field agent, and certainly not Bondian at all.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I saw a recent clip of Styles acting in a scene with Florence Pugh. In maybe two sentences he went from an American accent to a Mockney accent to an Australian accent and back. And I don't mean intentionally. Honestly, it was below daytime soap standard. Way below. IMO, obvs. No offence to anyone backing Harry, but it's a hard no from me on this one.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Venutius wrote: »
    I saw a recent clip of Styles acting in a scene with Florence Pugh. In maybe two sentences he went from an American accent to a Mockney accent to an Australian accent and back. And I don't mean intentionally. Honestly, it was below daytime soap standard. Way below. IMO, obvs. No offence to anyone backing Harry, but it's a hard no from me on this one.

This is legitimate reason to not consider him, for sure.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 2,871
    Venutius wrote: »

This is legitimate reason to not consider him, for sure.

Indeed, I can't say from what I've seen him in he's a strong actor. Even if he was I don't think he'd be quite right for Bond. No need to consider him as a contender I'd say.

I know I've basically suggested the same four to five people over and over in this thread, but I've always thought Jack Bannon would make a good candidate, and he seems to my eye an upgraded version of Harry Styles for the role of Bond if that makes sense.

MV5BZGRlZTBhZDEtOTljMC00NjU4LWE5ZmItM2I2YThhOGYxZmY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Again, a better actor than Styles with a better on-screen presence.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,526
    There are extraordinarily few suggestions in this thread that would make a good Bond. That’s why I’m looking forward to them picking an unknown.

I’m trying to imagine the above guy seducing Monica Bellucci, and any way I picture it she just ends up breaking him.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I expect the next Bond actor will be from left field. With Cavill returning as Supes I would probably count him out now, he would have been my choice.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Haven't mentioned Sean Teale in a little bit.

nup_170577_0180.jpg
    1488333149-teal2.jpg
    There are extraordinarily few suggestions in this thread that would make a good Bond. That’s why I’m looking forward to them picking an unknown.

I’m trying to imagine the above guy seducing Monica Bellucci, and any way I picture it she just ends up breaking him.

That's how I feel about 99.5% of the names mentioned here. Great for laughs, but the next Bond is probably really under the radar.
    I do hope so.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The more I see of Sope Dirisu, the more I feel that he has so many qualities that would make him a good choice for Bond #7.
    If you haven't already, check him out in Gangs Of London.
    I'd also like to see Tom Hughes get a screentest, an actor I've proposed before. Though he has little international awareness, he's a good actor, has the right looks I feel and would be worth looking at.
    Nicholas Hoult and Aidan Turner would round out my top picks for the role.
    I respect people's opinions on the matter, but it is hard for me to see why anyone would want Nic Hoult as Bond... he's a fantastic actor, and he's British... but he comes across like a very young man. There are a lot of years for an actor to settle into the part of Bond, but Hoult's youth doesn't seem like something that will go away with time...
    As above, I try to imagine him seducing Monica Bellucci, and just failing miserably. He's a boy.
    Even as a young 007, Bond has to have some life experience under his belt. The fact that he's survived longer than other 00 agents is an inextricable part of his character. He needs to show that he's lived a bit.
    I respect people's opinions on the matter, but it is hard for me to see why anyone would want Nic Hoult as Bond... he's a fantastic actor, and he's British... but he comes across like a very young man. There are a lot of years for an actor to settle into the part of Bond, but Hoult's youth doesn't seem like something that will go away with time...
    As above, I try to imagine him seducing Monica Bellucci, and just failing miserably. He's a boy.

I think having an actor like Hoult seducing Monica Bellucci is an unfair comparison though. There's a huge age difference. It would seem awkward.
    Pairing him to an actress closer to his own age, would be better. I agree he does have very youthful 'boyish' looks, but he has still got potential. He's known too international audiences, isn't connected to a major franchise. Can act.
    He does tick a lot of the right boxes. I think we're looking for the perfect person here, but in reality, even the best actors are going to have flaws. If he's a little young looking I can let that pass. If he talks with a strong Geordie accent, then it would bother me.

edited October 2022 Posts: 1,318
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Haven't mentioned Sean Teale in a little bit.

Apparently breaking news to some, but he does have the right look I think. Can he act?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think Styles is unfit for Bond, but using his private clothes as an argument against him is just silly.
    I think Styles is unfit for Bond, but using his private clothes as an argument against him is just silly.

You may find that. But a post count of 45K is beyond silly. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, I lose.
    @JeremyBondon your personal attacks on other members needs to stop!