Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    - Not going to lie, Mirage looks awesome, hearing the tenets of the Creed being spoken... you're tickling my fancy now, Ubisoft. Don't drop the ball on this.

- Fans have been asking for an Asian set AC game.... so Ubisoft make one for mobile. Ouch.

- Ok, two new AC games on moble.

- Hearing about the AC series for Netflix, reminds me that I never got around to seeing the film.

- Codename: Red, what exactly is this, did I miss something? Is it the aforementioned mobile game?

- AC haven't given up on multiplayer.

- No mention of the AC1 remake.

Also, nothing whatsoever on Splinter Cell.

I never bothered with the film, bad reviews put me off.

AC games are hit and miss for me, I have half heartedly played Odyssey despite buying the game twice. Mirage looks good though, looking forward to seeing in game footage.

I feel the same. I've drifted in and out of the series, but eventually, I feel that I am going to have to restart and finish Origins, and move on to Odyssey and Ragnarok.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    - Not going to lie, Mirage looks awesome, hearing the tenets of the Creed being spoken... you're tickling my fancy now, Ubisoft. Don't drop the ball on this.

- Fans have been asking for an Asian set AC game.... so Ubisoft make one for mobile. Ouch.

- Hearing about the AC series for Netflix, reminds me that I never got around to seeing the film.

- Codename: Red, what exactly is this, did I miss something? Is it the aforementioned mobile game?

AC games are hit and miss for me, I have half heartedly played Odyssey despite buying the game twice. Mirage looks good though, looking forward to seeing in game footage.

I feel the same. I've drifted in and out of the series, but eventually, I feel that I am going to have to restart and finish Origins, and move on to Odyssey and Ragnarok.

I should give Odyssey another go it is a stunning game visually, its not a typical AC game as there is not much assassin stealth happening with the progress I have made.

I saw numerous other AC content being released the other day it gets a bit confusing some must have been games for other platforms and DLC's?

I thought Mirage may have a season pass or DLC of the original game remake though one reviewer said that has been dismissed by one of the creative team.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I should give Odyssey another go it is a stunning game visually, its not a typical AC game as there is not much assassin stealth happening with the progress I have made.

I saw numerous other AC content being released the other day it gets a bit confusing some must have been games for other platforms and DLC's?

I thought Mirage may have a season pass or DLC of the original game remake though one reviewer said that has been dismissed by one of the creative team.

I just this second, saw this:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/09/11/assassins-creed-1-remake-reports-dismissed/

I'm not going to lie, i'm really disappointment. Oh well, I still have my copy of AC1 on PS3, as well as my PS3 itself.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Tokyo Games Show 2022 is this week, hoping for some Elden Ring DLC news.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I'd be giddy if we got some news on that already. It's my first day one Souls-type gaming experience so I didn't think to expect some DLC so soon already. Bring it on.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'd be giddy if we got some news on that already. It's my first day one Souls-type gaming experience so I didn't think to expect some DLC so soon already. Bring it on.

Same here. I have no idea what the usual schedule for DLC is for FromSoft games (and it seems like it varies pretty wildly from title to title), but you'd think they'd want to keep the momentum from this thing going. And as you know there's a lot of juicy unexplored story stuff they could use for DLC (fingers crossed for Miquella).

I just upgraded to an Xbox Series X from an Xbox One (after finishing the game twice, lol), so I'm excited to use the hardware for something new.
    Nintendo Direct dropping tomorrow.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Nintendo Direct is either happening or has happened, and I'm stoked about the announcement of Octopath Traveler II. The first game felt like a proof of concept (mostly given the stories were extremely thin), but I loved the visual style and the combat system I thought was brilliant. Excited to see if they've improved upon it.

Might have to pick up a Switch for myself again before February.
    The internet...

5dv18zhxpno91.jpg

Me to Rock*:

giphy.gif

Rock*, you sly dog. All the hatred towards a female GTA protagonist didn't last long, did it? I wonder why. ;)
    Anyone see that gta 6 got leaked wow!
    Yes. Crazy that so much was leaked; I haven't seen any of it and don't intend to.
    Looks cool that it's going back to Vice City (my favourite game of the franchise), but disappointed they don't seem to be shaking up the formula too much.
    I still think it would be awesome if they did a Peaky Blinders/Gangs of London era GTA set in London. The characters, guns, and cars could all be so cool.
    I imagine someone is going to have their spam javelin put in a vice over this. My interest in GTA has decreased with each game for some time, but there is no denying how damaging this leak could end up being.

Hmm intetesting
    Sam Fisher: "I get nervous when the bad guys start making 'blood' jokes."

Me: "I get nervous when they say 'it's being updated for a modern audience'."

That makes me feel old, I am almost twice as old as this series has been around for. I remember getting the demo free in Electronics Boutique free with a purchase. Tempis fugit indeed.
    Electronics Boutique :)) oh man that takes me back.

I know, right. :))

Doesn't it? I miss that place.
    Love it the splinter cell pics are my background on my phone
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Huge Splinter Cell fan, I will buy it day one.
    Is it true that Splinter Cell started it's life as a Bond game, before they ditched the licence?
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,104
    Is it true that Splinter Cell started it's life as a Bond game, before they ditched the licence?

I think it was. Unless i'm mistaken, I think it began as Ubisoft's pitch to acquire the licence. When that failed, they developed it into Splinter Cell. It worked out for the best, if you ask me.