Bond 26 Title

Comments

• TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Since62 wrote: »
    Goldmember...oops...already used
    Remember..."Never Say Member Again".
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 94
    007HallY wrote: »
    Nothing is Forever - The original title of Skyfall.
    I like this one. Sounds like a classic Bond title.

Some more suggestions, based on titles of TV series episodes:

Face of the Enemy
    Cause and Effect
    Captive Pursuit
    Field of Fire
    Point of No Return

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    James Bond
    It depends on where they are going with bond

Personally if they are going early Connery/ early Craig

Dark realistic but loving life

Then The property of a lady or Risio

If they are going brosnan or later Moore then

Shaken not Stirred
    Shamelady

Could work better

Honestly I always felt Blofeld was a strong enough title for a film

I don’t know what they are going to choose as they destroyed the pattern
    If ever Austin Powers returns, THEY ought to use SHATTERHAND, with a laugh and the affable permission of EON and whomever else must provide permission.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    If ever Austin Powers returns, THEY ought to use SHATTERHAND, with a laugh and the affable permission of EON and whomever else must provide permission.

Considering Eon issued a cease and desist order for New Line using Goldmember as a title I can't really see that happening. They werent very happy about the equally derivative previous title The Spy Who Shagged Me either though took greater umbrage with Goldmember which was only allowed to be usjealouslyan agreement that MGM could run trailers of two of its films before the film was shown and that they had to have final approval on any further James Bond spoof film titles from New Line in future. Eon jealously guards its valuable intellectual property for obvious enough financial and legal reasons.

It's a pity they didn't use the Dr Guntram Shatterhand cover identity in NTTD considering their use of the YOLT novel as a loose source for the film. I suppose that possibility was nullified once they put Blofeld in HMP Belmarsh though and decided Safin would replace Blofeld and Spectre as the main villain after just one appearance from Blofeld as the Big Bad in the previous film.

I'd Rather Go With "Shag Is Forever", But Whatever.
    "The Path That Leads To Death"

Don't all paths lead to death ? No one gets out of here alive...

Okie Then...
    "The Path That Leads To Hell"
    Risico007 wrote: »
    It depends on where they are going with bond

Personally if they are going early Connery/ early Craig

Dark realistic but loving life

Then The property of a lady or Risio

If they are going brosnan or later Moore then

Shaken not Stirred
    Shamelady

Could work better

Honestly I always felt Blofeld was a strong enough title for a film

I don’t know what they are going to choose as they destroyed the pattern

Since They Always Influence From Other Spionage Films, My Guess Is That They'll Go The "Kingsman" Route.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Considering Eon issued a cease and desist order for New Line using Goldmember as a title I can't really see that happening. They werent very happy about the equally derivative previous title The Spy Who Shagged Me either though took greater umbrage with Goldmember which was only allowed to be usjealouslyan agreement that MGM could run trailers of two of its films before the film was shown and that they had to have final approval on any further James Bond spoof film titles from New Line in future. Eon jealously guards its valuable intellectual property for obvious enough financial and legal reasons.

It's a pity they didn't use the Dr Guntram Shatterhand cover identity in NTTD considering their use of the YOLT novel as a loose source for the film. I suppose that possibility was nullified once they put Blofeld in HMP Belmarsh though and decided Safin would replace Blofeld and Spectre as the main villain after just one appearance from Blofeld as the Big Bad in the previous film.

EON should realize - as many folks of various persuasions have in the past - that any publicity is good publicity. They need - and I think Fleming used this term ? - a "sensayuma"
    edited August 2022 Posts: 17,730

EON should realize - as many folks of various persuasions have in the past - that any publicity is good publicity. They need - and I think Fleming used this term ? - a "sensayuma"

I know they do say that any publicity is good publicity. I'm sure there's something in that, up to a point. However, when it comes to big business (which is what the Bond films are all about in the end analysis and why they keep getting made) my experience is that a good sense of humour is no match for a good business head. Money is a sacred God to some people and Eon don't like to share the proceeds or benefits of that which they own with anyone they don't legally have to.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Is it just me or is Shamelady as much an Austin Powers' title as Goldmember?! Speaking of which, isn't it true that titles aren't subject to copyright? That being so, how'd EON wring any concessions out of MIke Myers?
    "In Service Of The Crown"
    "Observed"
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    Only Death is Permanent
    “Mister. Nothing is forever. Only death is permanent. Nothing is forever except what you did to me.” -Diamonds are Forever
    "Nothing Lasts Forever"

Might as well go with Nobody Lives Forever in that case.
    It is one of Gardner's best titles.
    Only Death is Permanent
    “Mister. Nothing is forever. Only death is permanent. Nothing is forever except what you did to me.” -Diamonds are Forever
    "Nothing Lasts Forever"

Might as well go with Nobody Lives Forever in that case.
    It is one of Gardner's best titles.

Yes, and one of his best Bond novels too, by general consensus. It's Gardner's FRWL, only SPECTRE want Bond's death instead of SMERSH.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 1,478

The Name is Bond...goes in the dialogue, sure, but I hope never do they put the name in the title.

Old Bond is dead. More than a reboot, the series will be a rebirth. A title announcing "this isn't your grandad's JB" seems entirely appropriate. The Name is Bond does that. No confusion. No wasting time on the past. I'm the new Bond. Moving on.
  • DB5MNDB5MN USA
    I think they will use something Fleming since go back to Fleming when they start a new bond era. I say Risico
    Venutius wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Shamelady as much an Austin Powers' title as Goldmember?! Speaking of which, isn't it true that titles aren't subject to copyright? That being so, how'd EON wring any concessions out of MIke Myers?

Shamelady could be Shatterhand's amour ? Like Frau (once, at least) to Dr. Evil ?
    DB5MN wrote: »
    I think they will use something Fleming since go back to Fleming when they start a new bond era. I say Risico

My Guess Is That They'll Finally Use "For Special Services".

Shamelady could be Shatterhand's amour ? Like Frau (once, at least) to Dr. Evil ?

Excellent - I can't unsee that now! :D

No kidding around here, but I think that "For Special Services" is a bit too much of a pronunciation bother. Please say it aloud. OK. Now compare it to another title starting with the same word - "For." FYEO. Going from Consonant F to Consonant Y is much easier than going from the "F" to the "Sp" and then the "S" and the "v" right after.

This might seem silly, and I'm sure people tell their friends they did or did not like "the new Bond film", but I'm serious here.

No kidding around here, but I think that "For Special Services" is a bit too much of a pronunciation bother. Please say it aloud. OK. Now compare it to another title starting with the same word - "For." FYEO. Going from Consonant F to Consonant Y is much easier than going from the "F" to the "Sp" and then the "S" and the "v" right after.

This might seem silly, and I'm sure people tell their friends they did or did not like "the new Bond film", but I'm serious here.

Yeah, You're Right.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    This is the time for Licence Renewed.

I'll bet they go for it.
    echo wrote: »

I'll bet they go for it.

Yes, it is a good opportunity to use it and it'd be nice if they adapted some of Gardner’s first novel as well.

I'll bet they go for it.

Yes, it is a good opportunity to use it and it'd be nice if they adapted some of Gardner’s first novel as well.

Yes - though I don't expect a promotional deal with Saab anytime at all...

And License Renewed is eeeeeasily pronounced. Wasn't that considered for the title of License to Kill ???

I'll bet they go for it.

Yes - though I don't expect a promotional deal with Saab anytime at all...

And License Renewed is eeeeeasily pronounced. Wasn't that considered for the title of License to Kill ???

Well, nearly, as it was confused with Licence Revoked, the original title of Licence to Kill. I remember reading in the 1989 LTK Special of 007 Magazine (no. 20 I think) that people were thinking from the title that it was an adaptation of John Gardner's first novel, Licence Renewed. Of course the title was changed to LTK by Eon after it appeared that US audiences didn't understand what the word "revoked" meant and thought the title had something to do with a driver's licence. Thus the title LTK was used instead even though Bond lost his licence to kill in the line of duty during that film.
    To be fair, License to Kill is a much better title than License Revoked or License Renewed. While the thing about US audiences not knowing the word 'revoked' is amusing, I do think there's a lot of truth in the idea that it brings to mind thoughts of a driver's license rather than specifically James Bond.
    007HallY wrote: »
    To be fair, License to Kill is a much better title than License Revoked or License Renewed. While the thing about US audiences not knowing the word 'revoked' is amusing, I do think there's a lot of truth in the idea that it brings to mind thoughts of a driver's license rather than specifically James Bond.

Yes, I think I'd tend to agree. Licence Revoked doesn't really sound like a Bond film title or even a spy film title. It sounds more like a film about red tape and bureaucracy. I'd concede that Licence Renewed isn't one of Gardner’s best Bond titles either (the working title for the novel was the much more Bondian Meltdown) but it did neatly encapsulate how the literary Bond was back in action for the first time in 13 years. So, from a literary marketing point of view it worked very well.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,898
    Doesn't Licence Renewed suggest that there was a previous licence that'd been revoked for some reason? Mind you, at least it'd imply that NewBond had gone rogue at some point in the past, so there'd be no need to have him repeat it in the actual films! That'd be a reinvention, right there...
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    edited August 2022 Posts: 554
    Doesn't Licence Renewed suggest that there was a previous licence that'd been revoked for some reason? Mind you, at least it'd imply that NewBond had gone rogue at some point in the past, so there'd be no need to have him repeat it in the actual films! That'd be a reinvention, right there...
    If they did use it I think it's more likely it'd be meant in the meta sense of Bond coming back.

I like the title myself.